Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-16-2010, 11:35 AM   #449
RandyB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
I updated my pdim last week. It took the dealer about 3 hours to find the update, but they did it.

Anyways, Im still having the same issues with it disconnecting the zune after so many songs, or not reading the zune after shutting off the car and turning it back on, or remembering what it was doing the times it does read the zune..i.e. if it was only playing one artist or on shuffle ect. Sometimes it randomly remembers it was on random though. It didnt improve anything for me. My dealer said that the update was specificly for the ipod issuses. Any truth to that? Also any word on when a new update will be ready?
So, almost 6 months ago it was reported that CE did not fix the issues with resetting the Zune. I have the same problem and have reported it to the dealer and Microsoft. Codeman71 says he passed the information on to the PDIM team. BUT, there is still no indication that they are even working on a fix for this.

Codeman, can you please ask that team for an update. I would at a minimum expect to hear that they have tested this issue with a 1st or 2nd gen Zune (supposedly supported) and that they have been able to recreate the issue. I have demonstrated the issue at my dealership and it is now becoming more frustrating because of the total lack of response from GM. I can accept that some issues take time to resolve, but I cannot accept that GM is ignoring this and not even working on it.

This thread is number 1 in responses and number 2 in views of all the threads in the category. It gets this much interest for a reason...it is a PITA problem for many people.
RandyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #450
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
So, almost 6 months ago it was reported that CE did not fix the issues with resetting the Zune. I have the same problem and have reported it to the dealer and Microsoft. Codeman71 says he passed the information on to the PDIM team. BUT, there is still no indication that they are even working on a fix for this.

Codeman, can you please ask that team for an update. I would at a minimum expect to hear that they have tested this issue with a 1st or 2nd gen Zune (supposedly supported) and that they have been able to recreate the issue. I have demonstrated the issue at my dealership and it is now becoming more frustrating because of the total lack of response from GM. I can accept that some issues take time to resolve, but I cannot accept that GM is ignoring this and not even working on it.

This thread is number 1 in responses and number 2 in views of all the threads in the category. It gets this much interest for a reason...it is a PITA problem for many people.
I gave up and got an ipod. Its embarassing to show people how bad it acts with a zune.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:46 PM   #451
mickrose56

Drives: 2010 1LT RS/ZL330 ALL BLACK IN/OUT
what is optional code R9U

My dealer sent me a updated ordering sheet via excel. i understand all the ordering optional codes except for R9U. does anyone knows what this means. Also i ordered the PERFORMANCE EXHAUST UPGRADE PACKAGE, what does this consist of. What brand and parts do they install. does this improve the HP and if so by how much.
mickrose56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #452
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
I gave up and got an ipod. Its embarassing to show people how bad it acts with a zune.
Same here. Picked a 30gb up on craigslist for $25. The only thing I've noticed is that it's super slow to change songs. It like locks me out of going to the next song for a few seconds while the currently playing song finishes loading or something. Trade one annoyance (indexing on startup) for another heh.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 07:52 PM   #453
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickrose56 View Post
My dealer sent me a updated ordering sheet via excel. i understand all the ordering optional codes except for R9U. does anyone knows what this means. Also i ordered the PERFORMANCE EXHAUST UPGRADE PACKAGE, what does this consist of. What brand and parts do they install. does this improve the HP and if so by how much.
Dunno what R9U is. It's not in the book.

Lots of topics on the exhaust (often referred to as GMPP exhaust). Believe it's Borla. Don't think it really adds any HP as the stock exhaust isn't very limiting.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:27 PM   #454
MrE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Same here. Picked a 30gb up on craigslist for $25. The only thing I've noticed is that it's super slow to change songs. It like locks me out of going to the next song for a few seconds while the currently playing song finishes loading or something. Trade one annoyance (indexing on startup) for another heh.
The 30Gb 5th Gen iPod was one of the first iPods we implemented AuB, and it was slow (seek index for each track took forever). It wasn't until the switch to "Classic" iPods (80Gb and above) that we had reliable test fixtures for AuB testing and compliance.
Delivered to customer 11/24/09 - Happy ever since.
MrE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:59 AM   #455
RandyB

Is anyone using a subscription service (Zune Pass, Rhapsody To Go, Napster To Go) and getting the DRM content to play reliably? If so could you please tell us which device you are using?

I am currently using Zune Pass with a 8GB Gen2 Zune and the DRM content plays, but it locks up intermittantly and I must either unplug from USB and plug it back in or reset the Zune. I would be more than willing to buy new hardware and switch to a different service if I could find one that works well in the Camaro.

I listen to a wide variety of music and it would cost me thousands of dollars/year to get the same amount of content on an iPod that I get on my Zune for $15/mo.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #456
Lynne

Drives: 2ss Inferno Orange
Ok after 3rd trip to dealership, ipod issue fixed for 3 days. Now the system does not work again. It is as if the AUX button does not exist. Dealership has informed me that it will take 2 to 3 weeks to get the part that will fix my problem playing ipod/flashdrive or anything through the radio system. Extremely frustating and disappointing. I see all of the talk about issues with this system. Why is it so hard to make this work? I have an '88 Chevy truck with a 3 year old aftermarket stereo that interfaces with my ipod just fine. It makes me wonder if I won't have the same issues when I get the "new" part.
Lynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #457
WE_Coyote

Drives: 2SS RS M6 Black/Black
Wish Me Luck

So I stopped in to my local dealership (I'm trying this dealer because I bought my car from a dealer 2 hours away) on Sat. just to see if they knew about updating the PDIM to revision CE.

Nope. No one there even knew what a PDIM was. I'm hoping because it was Sat. the most knowledgable techs were not there.

Spoke to the "Service Manager" and also to a tech. Neither of them knew what I was talking about. I have an appointment to drop the car off tomorrow morning. Supposedly a "GM Engineer" who visits the dealer will be there. According to the service manager "he should know" about the update. I printed out the part numbers from the GM site and will bring them. I just hope they don't "brick" my PDIM.

I'll post the results.

I read an earlier comment from someone who said: "I don't have time to teach my dealer how to fix my car".

My sentiments exactly!!

Tom
Old 01-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #458
Reddy2Ride

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Silver/Blk
Is anyone still able to get access to http://tis2web.xw.gm.com/tis2web ? Previously I had been able to check into updates for my VIN but I can't seem to get it to work any longer upon entering my vehicle number. Anyone else having luck....I could be entering a digit incorrectly. BTW, when I had my PDIM updated to CE last November my service manager was totally surprised when I showed him this site. I wouldn't be surprised if GM locked this down since it was driving warranty service calls.
Reddy2Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:13 PM   #459
RandyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy2Ride View Post
Is anyone still able to get access to http://tis2web.xw.gm.com/tis2web ? Previously I had been able to check into updates for my VIN but I can't seem to get it to work any longer upon entering my vehicle number. Anyone else having luck....I could be entering a digit incorrectly. BTW, when I had my PDIM updated to CE last November my service manager was totally surprised when I showed him this site. I wouldn't be surprised if GM locked this down since it was driving warranty service calls.
I have been trying that site for the last few days with no luck. I think you may be right that they closed it down to the public. Too bad because it was a nice tool.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:43 PM   #460
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
I resently updateed my PDIM to Ver CE. Now the PDIM does not connect automaticaly to my iphone sometimes, I never had this problem before the update. I have removed it and repaired it, still the same problem. I do have a work cell paired to it too, maybe I should repair that too. Any ideas?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #461
WE_Coyote

Drives: 2SS RS M6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyB View Post
I have been trying that site for the last few days with no luck. I think you may be right that they closed it down to the public. Too bad because it was a nice tool.
I just tried it and it worked. Worked for me yesterday also.

My dealer called and said the car was "all set' and "you were right". We'll see when I pick it up this afternoon...
Old 01-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #462
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
codeman71,

My car has been at the dealer for 1-1/2 days. PDIM module not seen. Tech was tracing wiring harness. Nothing using the 3.5 or USB has worked after day 1. The CD/Aux button ONLY sees CD, nothing else. It briefly saw Aux in, 3.5 in, iphone 3GS device on radio display on different occasions in the 3 weeks of owning the vehicle, but quickly disappeared and no longer accessible from the cd/aux button. iPhone worked for a couple minutes when I first got the car. Currently, USB does not charge or see devices; 3.5 analog, aux in, no device indication in radio.

Tech seems to be troubleshooting via process of elimination. Can you provide some insight? I would hate to have the car laid up for days without significant progress. I don't want the car laid up if PDIM module needs to be ordered. Unacceptable.

Do dealer techs have access to upper tier GM support? Do they need to open a formal case or something? Please advise.

Thanks.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote