Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 02-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #15
smarbrit

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoskins76 View Post
What would this have to do with the resale value of your car? GM won't bring the new Chevy SS Sedan to Canada, not the Camaro SS. Still lots of those here.

Ya, went back and watched the video after i posted and realized its not the camaro. My bad....
smarbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #16
MsGreen

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
That sucks, iF you have the money, you should be able to buy any car you want.
http://www.driving.ca/research-car/n...004/story.html

Last edited by MsGreen; 02-25-2013 at 11:24 AM.
MsGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #17
camaro99

Drives: Angry Dorothy II 2016 2SS
New Chevy (Impala) SS is a wee bit too small !
Attached Images

Last edited by camaro99; 02-25-2013 at 05:51 PM.
camaro99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
BloodRain
Account Suspended

Drives: 1LE
and a wee bit too FWD...
BloodRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGreen View Post

I dont like it anyway, so no great loss P.S SS Belongs to Camaro as far as im concerned.
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 11:14 PM   #20
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGreen View Post
Sure, if it was so commie up here that might be true.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #21
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
While I agree that we're not missing out on a very good looking car in the SS, we're certainly missing out on a good drivetrain. I was very close to buying a G8 GT and held out a couple years to see if they would replace it. I was able to convince my wife and we bought the Camaro... but I'm sure there are many out there that would like a rear wheel drive sedan with some nuts. Let the family man have his four doors and a little fun too.
By ignoring the market in Canada you're telling us to go to Dodge for our RWD sedan and that doesn't make much business sense to me... especially if the safety standards are identical like I've read.
As a Canadian that lives close to the border I do bit of shopping in the states and I'm really tired of the product availability, or lack there of here in Canada. It's these kind of manouvers that breed resentment.
If we can afford this car why can't we have it?
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #22
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Drives: IBM 2SS, A6, Leather & Sunroof
The issue I have is that GM Canada knew this car was coming for quite some time now yet never once did they comment that there was a possibility they would not allow for it's sale here. Even with the announcements made last fall and just a week ago at Daytona in the reveal, GM Canada said and hinted at nothing. We were all told that the stock car driven at Daytona would be very similar to the one we could buy at our local Chevrolet dealer, however, now for Canadian's, that will not be the case and we don't even get a reason why? How lame is that! Funny how Toyota offers us the Camary ... Ford offers us the Fusion ... Dodge offers us the Charger .. and Chevrolet offers us NOTHING if you live in Canada! Isn't the idea to sell cars here? Sure, there might not be a big value, however, since it is already being produced, why not at least try to sell as many as you can. It makes good business sense even in todays economy. If you can afford it, you should be able to buy it! So says MSGREEN and she's right! The only way to get a rear drive sedan from GM here is to buy a Cadillac and pay a Cadillac price! I have been GM all my life and have owned many Caprice Classic's in the past and the news that Chevrolet was going to produce a RWD sedan again got me all excited, but much like the "NO SALE" for the Chev Caprice last year and now the again "NO SALE" for the Chev SS ( Sports Sedan ) is making me look towards Dodge and the Charger R/T for satisfaction under the $40,000 price range. Way to blow it again Chevrolet ( GM Canada )!!

Just my 2 cents here, but I really think the Chevrolet SS should've been called the IMPALA SS and the 2014 Impala should've been designated the CAPRICE. Impala is known for speed and Caprice is known for comfort!

The "SS" as well I find has been too widely been used by Chevrolet over the years as practically all of their model lineups over the years have had at least one of them called that. I feel the SS nameplate holds little to no value anymore similar to what happened to the "GT" badging years ago. The SS should've only been used on the CAMARO and MONTE CARLO (RWD) models and not on the Cobalt, Malibu, Impala, HHR, Silverado and countless others to diminish what it truly meant. Time to bring back the Z/28 for the Camaro and all other Chevrolet's just use the LS, LT & LTZ designations!

Perhaps, GM Canada won't allow the sale of the SS here because it ONLY offers a V8 engine and that will hurt it's fuel economy ratings? If so, do what Dodge did and offer up a V6 or 4 Cyl to go along with the V8 and sell it that way. I just want my rear drive sedan!
RetroDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post

The "SS" as well I find has been too widely been used by Chevrolet over the years as practically all of their model lineups over the years have had at least one of them called that. I feel the SS nameplate holds little to no value anymore similar to what happened to the "GT" badging years ago. The SS should've only been used on the CAMARO and MONTE CARLO (RWD) models and not on the Cobalt, Malibu, Impala, HHR, Silverado and countless others to diminish what it truly meant.

The very first super sport was the Impala. all others came after.
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #24
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Quote:
Originally Posted by detamble13 View Post
While I agree that we're not missing out on a very good looking car in the SS, we're certainly missing out on a good drivetrain. I was very close to buying a G8 GT and held out a couple years to see if they would replace it. I was able to convince my wife and we bought the Camaro... but I'm sure there are many out there that would like a rear wheel drive sedan with some nuts. Let the family man have his four doors and a little fun too.
By ignoring the market in Canada you're telling us to go to Dodge for our RWD sedan and that doesn't make much business sense to me... especially if the safety standards are identical like I've read.
As a Canadian that lives close to the border I do bit of shopping in the states and I'm really tired of the product availability, or lack there of here in Canada. It's these kind of manouvers that breed resentment.
If we can afford this car why can't we have it?
While what looks good to one person, may look so-so to another and plain crap to a 3rd, thankfully we have our aftermarket people to offer up ideas to make everything look AWESOME in the end! Just look at what they've done for the Camaro!

I've always been one for supporting "Made in Canada", but at the same time with all the Wal-Marts, Lowes, Home Depot's and now Targets showing up, that is becoming increasingly harder every day since they practically only supply their stores with USA or China produced products. We can all thank our Governments for this as we lose our Canadian Tire's, Zellers and Home Hardware's which I once proudly shopped. The automobile market is somewhat different as you really can't produce a CAMARO for example economically in two different countries. One or the other, just not both! That is why we refer them as being "Global Companies". For Canada to say they will not allow for the sales of the SS here, when it is readily available to the American's and everyone else in the World is absolutely rediculous in my book. Fair trade?... I think NOT! If you don't wish to buy it, then you don't have too. It's your right to choose! If it is a safety matter, then explain it to the public rather than saying nothing and causing unneeded resentment! JMO
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
The very first super sport was the Impala. all others came after.
Yes, but it was RWD only and available in either 2 door or convertible models much like Pontiac's GTO, but you would never want to see that nameplate stuck on a FWD 4-cyl 4-door sedan! Would you?
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #26
RickRay
INJACC

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT/RS AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro99 View Post
New Chevy (Impala) SS is a wee bit too small !
It's not an Impala...just saying
Member of 'Club Elite' #70
2LT/RS Auto / Solo HFC / Solo Mach X-LLT J-Pipe / JBA Headers Shorty
CAI - Cold Air Inductions / VMAX TB / Trifecta Tune
Hotchkis Max Strut Brace / Blade Dovetail Spoiler / Elite Catch Can
ACS T3 Hood Ports / T2 Bumper Ports / T2 Splitter / ACS T1 Led Light Kit
ACS Rockers / ACS Composite Hood Liner / ACS Upper Rear Quarter Ports
ACS Front Wheel Mud Flaps / ACS Rear Wheel Mud Flaps / Vitesse Throttle Controller
Pedders Drop Suspension / BMR Lower Control Arms / Style 41 ZL1 Wheels /
Oracle Afterburners / Oracle Concept SMD Side markers
Complete SS Brembo Brakes Set
RickRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:42 AM   #27
Mr pogo

Drives: 96 Imp SS, 13 Camaro 2SS AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDude View Post
Yes, but it was RWD only and available in either 2 door or convertible models much like Pontiac's GTO, but you would never want to see that nameplate stuck on a FWD 4-cyl 4-door sedan! Would you?
ummm thats not what I meant.
you said the SS shouldve not been used on the Impala yet it was the first SS

note what I drive lol
Mr pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #28
RetroDude
Owner of VIN # 35278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr pogo View Post
ummm thats not what I meant.
you said the SS shouldve not been used on the Impala yet it was the first SS

note what I drive lol
Sorry, I was refering to todays FWD Impalas. Not the classic ones from the past!