Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 05-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #85
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrocketanski View Post
I didn't check the math again sorry. I think I was thinking of people using the 315s in the rear, that would work well with the 40 in front. I would prefer more sidewall for Michigan roads. But I wouldn't do the 40 with 305 in the rear, even if it isn't a noticable difference it would feel wrong

I am looking at 19" - 305/35/19 rear and 275/40/19 front. But off topic...
No worries. I originally ordered the 40 profile, but sent them back after realizing the height difference.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #86
robrocketanski

Drives: ZL1 Convertible Auto
I have been doing the math a hundred times the past week while I try to figure out what I want. They don't make a 19" that works very well but I am hoping to save a couple pounds of rotating mass. Literally just a couple pounds since the difference between a 19 and 20 inch wheel isn't much. I am not buying until next spring so plenty of time to change my mind.
robrocketanski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #87
JamesZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Camaro, 2015 C7 A6 Z51
I went to the drag strip last night. I normally run the Nitto 05R's but a guy I bought a set of rims from last October sold me stolen rims. The owner found out that I had bought them and showed me pictures and receipts where he has purchased them and the story about the rims and how they came to be in the thieves possession. I gave the guy back his rims and borrowed a set from my dad for my NT05R's. Well I went to put them on before going to the track and the hole for the lug nuts did not fit, so I was stuck running the M/T Street Comp's. Got to the track and let the pressure out to 25lbs. The car would just blow the tires off every time. I tried short burn out medium and long...The only way I could get the car to launch w/o spinning was to have an easy launch. Got a best of 1.9 60' and ran an 11.4 @ 126. I even let the pressure out to 20lbs. and it wasn't any better. Really sucks because I have been talking these tires up really good. That being said, they are UHP tire and not DR's, so I guess for a street tire they did okay, but I would not expect to go out and just hammer it and the tires hold. Maybe if the track was prep'd really good they would hold better. As a Street tire I am still really please with them. I still think they are the best tire for the money.
Roto-Fab CAI, Texas Speed Headers, Texas Speed X-Pipe, Texas Speed LS3-B Blower Cam, Metco 9.10" Crank Pulley, Metco 2.5 Upper Pulley, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Ported Throttle Body, Alky Control Methanol kit, E2 Catch Can, 610HP / 608 Torque.
JamesZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 12:36 PM   #88
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Is anyone having a problem getting the front tire 275/35/20? I have ordered the front tire from Summit for a month now and they keep telling me it is back ordered. I got the back tires in two days.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:17 PM   #89
jwl013
Giddy Up!

Drives: 13 VR ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
Is anyone having a problem getting the front tire 275/35/20? I have ordered the front tire from Summit for a month now and they keep telling me it is back ordered. I got the back tires in two days.
they're backordered everwhere

Last edited by jwl013; 05-20-2015 at 11:52 AM.
jwl013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:37 PM   #90
kdluke

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM, 2016 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
Yes, they are backordered everywhere. My shipping date has been moving further away every since I ordered them two weeks ago. The new ship date is now end of June.
Obey Acts 2:38
kdluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 11:06 AM   #91
tnspd

Drives: 18 Camaro ZL1 1LE (WILSON)
Yea I am being told end of June also. I am not waiting for MT to get their head out of their you know what.

I bought another set of rims so I could put an all around tire on them and save my GY for the road courses. Now what is a good set of all around tires I can get now and not have to wait?

Suggestions?
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #92
robrocketanski

Drives: ZL1 Convertible Auto
Continental Extreme Contact from Tirerack seem not bad. I was thinking of the MT for normal driving and an extra pair of DR for the rear. But if no MT for the summer then..?
robrocketanski is offline   Reply With Quote