Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-29-2012, 01:41 AM   #15
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I definitely have one of those, and I'll start with that. Thanks! This really isn't fun having to buy a new battery around the holidays. What a bummer. These lights will go up for sale soon.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #16
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Yea, this sucks men, but i really hope this are isolated issues cause I haven't seen a lot of people complaining, I think there are like 5 of us with issues.

Good luck men. Hopefully is an easy fix, I'll probably work on mine over the weekend.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:50 AM   #17
TCAT

Thanks, I appreciate it. Good luck with yours as well. Definitely keep in contact and post in this thread if you find a solution. I'll troubleshoot it tomorrow and also over the weekend. I'll take it to my shop as well and see if they can find anything that's drawing a lot of power.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 AM   #18
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I completely agree. It's horrible to have to do that, but it may be the right thing. Who knows if this would happen to someone else as well on their car with my lights, but right now I'm seeing these lights as the culprit. It's not worth all the trouble to own.
Yea, I meant trying to get a refund from technostalgia.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 02:20 AM   #19
lscamaro

Try making sure all connections are tight as can be and if anything, I'd cover the show mode cable as much as I could just to make sure that that isn't or won't ever be the culprit. But having to buy a new battery all the time if the problems persist, definitely would make me want to return them ASAP

Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 AM   #20
TCAT

Absolutely, I'll try to get a refund first before selling them. This is almost a joke. When I got home I ensured the purple wire was pretty snug and covered, but just to be on the sure side I reshrunk wrapped the end and also put electrical tape over it. I'll definitely check all the connections to see what could be going wrong. These things were going bazurk and that only happens when my battery is getting low. I'm just weirded out why my battery could be draining so quickly when the car is off.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #21
greenvillepilot
2fast4you

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Hmmm....I was talking to my lady about these for Xmas...I will be telling Santa NO. Please NO! But just to let you know A multimeter/volt meter will tell guide you to the culprit as mentioned above. The one thing I see is your car is a beast and you have lots of electrical doohidkies. Good luck.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #22
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
lights

I got these lights installed in October. My car is already loading down with LOTS of wiring oracle, remote plate you name it I have it I had my chevy dealer install mine after my car got out of the bodyshop. They spent 3 hours wiring them up but they put my show mode on a custom switch in my trunk. I have no issues I don't know if you did the installs yourself but mine doesn't drain my battery I would rather spend a few extra bucks and have a tech install it so I know it's going to run right
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #23
lscamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
I got these lights installed in October. My car is already loading down with LOTS of wiring oracle, remote plate you name it I have it I had my chevy dealer install mine after my car got out of the bodyshop. They spent 3 hours wiring them up but they put my show mode on a custom switch in my trunk. I have no issues I don't know if you did the installs yourself but mine doesn't drain my battery I would rather spend a few extra bucks and have a tech install it so I know it's going to run right
Even with a tech installing it I wouldn't be so sure it's done right. Some techs just want to finish. I don't think this is an install problem. I think this is a mechanical problem from the lights themselves.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:13 PM   #24
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Even with a tech installing it I wouldn't be so sure it's done right. Some techs just want to finish. I don't think this is an install problem. I think this is a mechanical problem from the lights themselves.
I had the same two techs working on my camaro since 2010 I'm not braggin about my dealer but they did all the wiring on my camaro and I never had any issues with their wiring. I'm running the same set of Eagle Eye halos since 2010. They wired up my aac products only issues a couple of reverse lights going out. I'm not saying my car is perfect it blew up a heater core at 14,000 miles I'm going back next week so they can wire up my backup camera thru ofer
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:55 PM   #25
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenvillepilot View Post
Hmmm....I was talking to my lady about these for Xmas...I will be telling Santa NO. Please NO! But just to let you know A multimeter/volt meter will tell guide you to the culprit as mentioned above. The one thing I see is your car is a beast and you have lots of electrical doohidkies. Good luck.
Thanks man. I appreciate it. As of right now, I can't recommend these lights. Sure, they look good, but if these are in fact draining the battery due to a circuitry error of some sort, they aren't worth the purchase considering their inconsistency in quality control. I will be checking it over with a fine comb tomorrow, ha-ha. I'll keep everyone updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stacy~ View Post
I did the install myself, and even though I'm not a pro , these are crazy easy to install if you have even slight knowledge of electrical components. I definitely triple checked all connections during the install, and followed everything to a "T", and they work flawless. However, the lights keep draining my battery for some reason. I would have been upset if I had the shop install these for $300-400, and then have something like this happen, then have to pay them again to remove it. They were so easy to install and took a little over 3 hours for the job, I figured I'd do that all myself, save the cash, and get the knowledge on how to wire and disconnect them if need be . I think it's a flaw in the circuit board itself, and the power draw is constant when it's not supposed to be. I just have no idea why, but I'll be inspecting it a lot tomorrow when I get the new battery installed. Every connection will be checked even if it takes me weeks, lol. I am also going to bring it to my shop to check it all out just as a second opinion, and more experienced electrical mind like theirs will help trouble shoot the problem hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I agree, as this really seems like an error in the taillights themselves unfortunately. What a pain.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:28 AM   #26
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
What if y'alls cars are possessed?
SgtPickles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:53 AM   #27
TCAT

Ha-ha, could be. I sure as hell hope not, as I don't want or need this issue to be a deeper problem and harder fix. If I have to I'll install the stock taillights again, and sell these, or get some sjm taillights coming out. I love those, but it could be quite a long time until they get released to the public.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #28
Magilla gorilla

Drives: 2012 45th Edition 2LT RS,2005 Tahoe
I have the same lights installed on my car since April with no issues. I have ,turned on the show mode for hours at a time at car shows and have had no issues.
I don't drive it every day mostly just on the weekends. Charge the battery back up, then pull the fuse to the tail lights and see what happens then.
Magilla gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote