Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 05-27-2014, 09:48 PM   #43
JackalopeZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie454 View Post
I just got the House Of Wheels ZL1 setup, 20x11 rear and 20x10 front. The stock SS lug nuts work fine on the rears, plenty of room, but the front has a hole where the lug nut sits in, and it's about 1mm too small... so I ground down the stock lug nut in this area since I could not find correct lug nuts anywhere local.... Took about 20mins for all 10 nuts, and it works fine from what I can tell. The part that needs grinding is just the chrome plated cap crimp that fits over the actual lug nut. No structural change.

Mine would not work on all 4.. thought about grinding them but don't want hokey crap on my car.. Just bought new ones that fit right
Old 05-27-2014, 11:23 PM   #44
guns2go

Drives: 2014 ZL1
I do like the black wheels, I'm trying to find a trade for my "upgrade" silver ZL1 wheels to swap for blacks...unfortunately I'm up here on the west coast of Canada near Vancouver, anyone close interested in a trade?
I will be heading to Charlotte next week to Zmax for the start of the Hot Rod power tour...if anyone between here and there is interested in swapping up? My ZL1 and tires only have 1500 miles on them, and of course those are gentle miles
guns2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:06 AM   #45
dookie454

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
BTW, the difference in flying rock debris going from the stock SS 20's with Pirelli. and the Good Year F1 285/305's... depressing! It's especially bad when it rains and there is allot of asphalt debris on the back paved roads...

I have the stock molded mud flaps too. My car has ~27,000 miles and I only have one chip in the gills... I'm sure that's going to change pretty quick.

Cant imagine a stock 1LE without any guards at all.
dookie454 is offline   Reply With Quote