Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-04-2018, 08:01 AM   #1
nbostaph

Drives: Yellow 2014 2SS Convertible
Is it possible to use a different mobile plan for a 2014 Camaro?

I recently purchased a 2014 SS with Nav. I was looking forward to some of the cool features that rely on the data connection, such as remote start, streaming audio, and mobile hotspot. However, Onstar's mobile prices are higher than I was hoping, and I don't like their data collection policies.

Is it possible to hook these cars up to other mobile networks? My T-Mobile plan lets me add additional data 'devices' for $10/month with unlimited data. Is that possible to do? If not stock, is there a reasonably priced mod that allows it?
nbostaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 11:13 AM   #2
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Don’t think that’s possible
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:58 PM   #3
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Agree with Scotty D.

I have a 2014 with Nav that I got used this year. It included 3 years of Onstar Basic Connectivity which gives you the remote start ability. I don’t use the Nav, I prefer Google Maps running on my smartphone.

You should be able to just use your smartphone to stream music via the USB or Bluetooth connections and I just enable the hotspot on my phone if I need Wifi. Not sure why the car needs to be involved in the hotspot unless your phone doesn’t support that?
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote