Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Ask Al Question
A8 Transmission Shudder 136 77.71%
Hugger Orange, Orange Crush 10 5.71%
ZL1 1LE Nurburgring Chassis Settings 29 16.57%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2018, 07:51 PM   #1
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Feb 2018 - Ask Al Poll #4

A couple of repeat candidates, but they still exhibit the most interest.

Please keep the new questions coming...

1. A8 Transmission Shudder

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510888

It seems like there has been...several bulletins regarding replacement of the TC/"triple flush" of the transmission fluid to fix a shudder that occurs at certain RPMs/speeds. Most troubling is that a number of individuals have stated that they have had multiple torque converters installed only to have the shudder return (as well lots of reports of shudder returning after triple flush)….Can you please shed some light on what's going with our cars and the A8s and whether there is any permanent fix to the issue?

2. Hugger Orange, Orange Crush

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520986

Hi Al and Team, Can you expand on your Hagerty.com quote and give additional insight to the decision making process over your time as as Chief concerning Hugger orange? ...Obviously there is more to it and now this tribute color seems to be the culmination of those discussions. I'd like to hear more.

3. ZL1 1LE Nurburgring Chassis Settings

http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508671

Can you please enlighten your fellow ZL1 1LE Enthusiasts, Drivers and Mechanics on what final adjustments and setting were made to the car to achieve the Nürburgring Lap.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #2

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Hugger Orange??...Really?...lol....Trying to find out why they built non-reclining seats seemed like it had more interest....

Owners are modifying their own factory seats a lot more than they are running out and painting their cars orange....sheesh....whatever....

The poll should change to just two serious questions instead three with one being an irrelevant soft-ball question...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:36 PM   #3
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I voted for the ring settings. You’re welcome Pinhead, Mr. Wyndam and others I’ve argued with about it being nothing more than “cool to know” :p

We just hit them with a “hey our Trans has problems” question they were kind enough to answer, and I’m sure they don’t want to hear constant complaints. The paint color, meh, guess I’d rather hear them discuss slaying the ring!
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:26 AM   #4
PinHead
Banned

Drives: Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I voted for the ring settings. You’re welcome Pinhead, Mr. Wyndam and others I’ve argued with about it being nothing more than “cool to know” :p

We just hit them with a “hey our Trans has problems” question they were kind enough to answer, and I’m sure they don’t want to hear constant complaints. The paint color, meh, guess I’d rather hear them discuss slaying the ring!
I'm with Mr. 9/3.
PinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:33 AM   #5
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
The ring question is quite interesting but I don't think anybody in this forum will ever have the pleasure of riding the green hell. This setting is specifically for the ring only.
Therefore the answer will be interesting but
not very helpful for other racetracks.
just my 2 cents

Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 05:28 AM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
Hugger Orange??...Really?...lol....Trying to find out why they built non-reclining seats seemed like it had more interest....

Owners are modifying their own factory seats a lot more than they are running out and painting their cars orange....sheesh....whatever....

The poll should change to just two serious questions instead three with one being an irrelevant soft-ball question...
Thanks for the criticism.

We can certainly get the seat question in on poll #5
Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #7
nighttowl
Sarcasm loading --------

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
They might not want to answer #1.

2018 MBM ZL1 1LE - Stock
2014 CRT ZL1 574 rwhp, 537 rwtq - SOLD
2010 IBM SS Camaro VVT L99 w/ TR6060 swap, 489 rwhp, 444 rwtq - SOLD
nighttowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #8
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
Which is exactly why I want them to answer it lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #9
BradfordCamaro
SABIO

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 1SS
Quote:

Ya. Weird. It was posted a week ago and made the poll.
A few questions have been floating around for months.

BradfordCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #10
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttowl View Post
It wouldn't be there if they didn't want to answer it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradfordCamaro View Post
Ya. Weird. It was posted a week ago and made the poll.
A few questions have been floating around for months.
Does it really matter?
Everyone wanted A8 shutter and Launch Bog... You got one and now you have your chance to get the second one too, which will no doubt win the poll.

How about no more poll repeats so we can push these so called "floating around for months" questions you mention. Just do one shot...done. Would folks been happy to see A8 shutter gone for good. I don't think so.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:27 AM   #11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Yes, Mike, you are right....But as long as these things take to drag out, having a poll simply as a formality is a huge waste of time and delays the other "not as popular" topics from ever being answered...

Absolutely the Shudder was a shoe-in to win....why did it take weeks and weeks to even have another poll with an obvious winner?....If it is that easy, and it seems to be, which topic will win the following poll, why even have it?.....However, the poll does highlight which other topics are on the horizon.......and Hugger Orange ain't one of them,...So yes, to some degree, it does matter.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #12
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Mike - Thank you for managing this.

It would be wrong to not allow poll repeats. Only one topic can win at a time. If there is strong enough interest in a topic to push it forward the next time it should have an opportunity. IIRC, the A8 had ~150 votes last time. A8 lost, we accepted that without whining and are running again

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:37 AM   #13
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Yes, Mike, you are right....But as long as these things take to drag out, having a poll simply as a formality is a huge waste of time and delays the other "not as popular" topics from ever being answered...

Absolutely the Shudder was a shoe-in to win....why did it take weeks and weeks to even have another poll with an obvious winner?....If it is that easy, and it seems to be, which topic will win the following poll, why even have it?.....However, the poll does highlight which other topics are on the horizon.......and Hugger Orange ain't one of them,...So yes, to some degree, it does matter.
I'm sorry it's dragging out for you... but it seems you've answered your own question on why we have polls (nice gauge of intertest). If Hugger doesn't get votes you won't see it again (simple). The ring setup continues to have interest but just not enough to win. We've also got real jobs that get in the way along with, Camaro Fest planning and communications back and forth on these. Please have a little patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Mike - Thank you for managing this.

It would be wrong to not allow poll repeats. Only one topic can win at a time. If there is strong enough interest in a topic to push it forward the next time it should have an opportunity. IIRC, the A8 had ~150 votes last time. A8 lost, we accepted that without whining and are running again
You're welcome. We did discuss this and you're right. Down the line if we have weak questions and the Ring question still isn't answered we may throw it in and get it answered. Feel free to list 3 for the next poll and we will definitely take that under advisement. Maybe a poll choice discussion thread is in order.
Old 02-24-2018, 09:42 AM   #14
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I'm not surprised that this "ask Al" process is taking a few cycles to "settle down".

This one's become something of a toss-up for me.

Norm