Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #1
MrTwenty6

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Question Bird Poop stain in pain

God damn it - we've had rain for a week straight so I parked the car in the driveway.

On my way out this morning, I noticed discoloration on my front bumper. This bird crap must have been on there for no less than a day or so!

How should I best approach this and fix the damage? Do I need to go straight to wet sanding then polish?
Attached Images

MrTwenty6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:22 AM   #2
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
I would try to clay it first and see what that can do. Then light polish the area followed by a good wax. Sanding would be a last resort for me, the clear coat isn't that thick and you could get way more than you bargained for if you sand it.
Old 05-23-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I always use our Revive Polish, it usually does the trick.

https://adamspolishes.com/shop/exter...ar-polish.html
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:19 PM   #4
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
I would go over it with finishing polish first on a medium cutting pad, if that doesn't do the trick, step up to compound on a microfiber cutting pad.

If it still remains with no improvement after compounding, then wet sanding may be needed.

Don't perform wet sanding without a paint thickness gauge.

One good thing is most 5th gen Camaro's have a decent amount of total paint on them, 185-225 microns.

From the looks of the pictures, I would think compounding should remove most/all of it if finishing polish doesn't work.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:16 PM   #5
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
I would go over it with finishing polish first on a medium cutting pad, if that doesn't do the trick, step up to compound on a microfiber cutting pad.

If it still remains with no improvement after compounding, then wet sanding may be needed.

Don't perform wet sanding without a paint thickness gauge.

One good thing is most 5th gen Camaro's have a decent amount of total paint on them, 185-225 microns.

From the looks of the pictures, I would think compounding should remove most/all of it if finishing polish doesn't work.
Bingo. Start with least aggressive methods and gradually work up to potentially wet sanding.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 12:36 AM   #6
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
I recommend Ultimate Compound. Use it by hand or machine.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
MrTwenty6

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Perfect, thanks for the input. I will work on fixing it this weekend and post with an update.
MrTwenty6 is offline   Reply With Quote