Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Just look at my sig below and you'll fine all the basic performance mods form the LFX.

I'm saving for a IPF supercharger which will take everything up to a new level.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #16
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Catch can and 1LE oil separator first. The LFX is constantly coating the intake manifold and valves with PCV oil residue otherwise.

If the car is used.. when you install the ported throttle body or new intake check out the existing throttle body and intake manifold. If there is a lot of oil/residue, then get an upper induction cleaning done.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #17
WndWarrior

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
So, what do those upper induction cleanings run anyway?
WndWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #18
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndWarrior View Post
There's a DIY thread on here. PDF file
Old 12-17-2013, 10:41 AM   #19
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
like rtcat600man said Welcome. I got my Roto-Fab Intake from Apex Chase. Best thing I have ever done to my LFX Engine. You will hear a huge difference (I hear it from second gear and up) and people have already asked me if it was something else done to my car. Yes I will also recommend a ported Throttle body. Rims are always an option ( I have a 1LS so the steelie wheels had to go) and maybe you can get HFC (High Flow Cats) as well. Whatever you do you already made a right decision in getting a Camaro.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by WndWarrior View Post
From my dealer it was like $180.

Some do the Seafoam treatment. There is a PDF file on here for that. It is similar to what the dealer does, but the dealer is supposed to use "better" chemicals.

Last edited by intensifi; 12-17-2013 at 04:03 PM.
intensifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #21
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
There is also a mod called an "Iceolator" for the V6 you may want to look at.
Only for the LLT, not the OP's 2012 with the LFX.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #22
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
I also have a 2012 1LT but not an RS though.

Ported throttle body is easy. I have about the same mechanical ability as you and the ported throttle body is easy. I think 20 minutes I had mine in. 10 minutes longer then it should have since I had to do a side by side comparison before installing.

CAI, I went with the Injen short, I like it and it was cheaper than the other brands out there with about the same added performance. If you can follow direction this one is also simple to put in. I think it was about an hour or less to install.

Catch can. Lots of them out there and RX is the cheaper version of the 2 top ones out there and I went with the more expensive one, Elite. I like the idea of not having a drain hose hanging down and like the idea of unscrewing to empty.

Cut outs. I do not like the sound in the video in the above thread. Most people just add axle backs. Everyone has there own choice and you may not like what everyone else has. I have the most popular one out their, the MRT V2.0 and the sound is awesome. I also added Solo High Flow Cats which gives the system a deeper more aggressive growl. If I did that over again I would just stick with the V2's. They sound great on their own. The axle backs I did myself. Measure twice or three times, hack off the old mufflers and clamp on the new ones. I did have a little problem with one side didn't want to stay put no matter how much I tried tightening the clamp I ended up taking it to a muffler shop and had them weld them in, problem solved.

Wheels, my 1LT come with factory 5 spoke and don't see the need to change them. Not sure if the RS has a different wheel. Again ones own choice. The only thing here is you will either need to buy 4 new TPMS valve stems or swap out the ones from the current rims. I would not even attempt changing out tires on my own. I would rather pay someone.

Hopefully this helps you out.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #23
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
Wheels, my 1LT come with factory 5 spoke and don't see the need to change them. Not sure if the RS has a different wheel.
The RS comes with 20" rims, and staggered sized (larger rear) summer-only tires. They are heavier than the 18" rims that are stock on the 1LT by a fair amount, and also heavier than the 19" rims that are optional on the 1LT (stock on the 2LT), but not by as much.

Some like to change them for looks, others to reduce unsprung weight.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
Old 12-18-2013, 09:14 AM   #24
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
After the CAI, do the Catch can and Throttle Body asap. You would be surprised how much oil you will save your intake manifold from. After that do alot of sound byte research, go to car meets, etc. I chose my axle back system after listening to a bunch of video's and going to a camaro5 club meet. Some people are concerned about drone, but if you're considering cut-outs, I wouldn't worry about drone. It's all personal preference.

Regarding the wheel weight. I'm a Mountian Biker. When you ride a bike any moving weight on a bicycle feels 3x heavier than the non-moving weight. So, it's always better to shave a weight off the wheel set vs. the frame and components. I imaging the same could be true for cars. Just a thought. I would be curious to learn how moving weight vs fixed weight affects performance.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:37 PM   #25
911medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
I imaging the same could be true for cars. Just a thought. I would be curious to learn how moving weight vs fixed weight affects performance.
There has been some discussion of this WRT wheels around here. Something about every pound you can eliminate from the wheels = X pounds from elsewhere. Don't remember the figure, though.
Old 12-19-2013, 10:43 AM   #26
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Lots of great input from you guys. Thanks! I will keep you posted on my mods...
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #27
Starfox634

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS1
I was kind of in the same boat as you Sixt3denied.

Was not sure where to start. My first mods are going to be a

Vmax Port Throttle Body
MRT 1.0/2.0 - Have not decided yet for sure which version I want or if I should pair it with a X Pipe. I prefer a louder deeper sound
CIA Ind Air Intake

Looking forward to seeing what mods you go with!
Starfox634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 12:03 AM   #28
turboguy327
Banned

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Whatever...lol...I must be one of those two. My V6 sounds great with the electrical cut-outs but it is an LLT with headers so that makes a big difference. I love to have the extra sound when I want it and the ability to shut it down when a cop hooks a u-turn. http://<a href="http://s928.photobuc...[/IMG]</a>

Here's a couple of videos of the sound...one is at start up with them closed...then I open them up and rev a few times then close them. The other is cut-outs open at the speedway...not quite full throttle though.

And here's a shot from underneath...

http://<a href="http://s928.photobuc...[/IMG]</a>

You may think it sounds good because you wasted your money getting that crap done. That sounds absolutely horrid. It sounded alright with them closed. The V6 in these cars, either the LLT or LFX does not sound good. Please leave those cutouts closed. My god that's embarrassing.
turboguy327 is offline   Reply With Quote