Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 AM   #127
Gio Bella

Drives: Camaro 2SS Convertible,blk,blk int
I have to defend my Chevy dealership ( Maritime Motors) which is located in Fairfield Connecticut, They are the people who got in touch with me way before Chevrolet Headquarters and On-Star sent me the 12052 noticesthis month. My service manager Ralph said over the phone we want to make this right for you and whatever it takes we will do. I told him "I don't have any rub marks or wrinkles yet, but my car only has 420 miles on it since purchase December 27th, 2011".
I told them I would wait and see if they develop this summer but they insisted I bring it in to inspect and document if my car needs the 12052. I don't have any wind noise either so I would rather leave well enough alone for now. This dealership bends over backwards for me, so I am so sorry to hear about all these nightmare's other convertible owners are having with their dealership's.

Gio
Gio Bella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #128
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
I had my appointment today for this. The dealer just called me and told me they need to order parts and that will take a week so I guess I will wait for them and see what happens next week

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #129
dan0617

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange SS Convertible
I had to wait on parts too.....waited a week on tape and velcro.

Then after the fix my rub marks were no better and my dealer didn't remove enough material off the headliner brace to stop that from trying to poke a hole in the top. In the process of fixing it myself.

Good luck, I hope your dealer does better than mine.

I should add that my wind noise is much better after the recall, but nothing else improved.
dan0617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:43 PM   #130
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
I really like my dealership......the guy that sold me the car called me to make sure I was satisfied with the car and the recent service I had done, I told him I had no complaints about the service department, they are doing their best to keep me happy. Not their fault the ragtop design is so crappily engineered. I told him that I am monitoring the top and as the summer comes and it goes up and down if I have further issues, I'll be back in.

They really do seem concerned with my satisfaction, not just lip service, and for that I am pleased.

This is Faulkner-Ciocca Chevrolet in Quakertown, PA.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:21 PM   #131
pacecarguy

Drives: 2010 Indy 500 Pace Car
Top recall replacement and trunk weatherstrip

Yup, I have just gone thru all three with my 2011 pace car. Or rather, it is happening now. Dealer preordered all parts and I dropped it off today .. Should get it back tomorrow. When I took it in for the recall, they quickly agreed to replace the top, although there was only slight damage. They send it out to a local convertible top expert.. Hoping it goes fine. Not sure what to say about the trunk seal, yup mine is cut about 1/3 thru from opening the lid. It's pretty evident it's a design flaw that the wiring harness rubs on it. If no change is made, it will just happen again. Today mine has electrical tape wrapped around the loom so it slides vs cuts, but that did not help. Curious to see how they try to fix it.
pacecarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #132
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacecarguy View Post
Yup, I have just gone thru all three with my 2011 pace car. Or rather, it is happening now. Dealer preordered all parts and I dropped it off today .. Should get it back tomorrow. When I took it in for the recall, they quickly agreed to replace the top, although there was only slight damage. They send it out to a local convertible top expert.. Hoping it goes fine. Not sure what to say about the trunk seal, yup mine is cut about 1/3 thru from opening the lid. It's pretty evident it's a design flaw that the wiring harness rubs on it. If no change is made, it will just happen again. Today mine has electrical tape wrapped around the loom so it slides vs cuts, but that did not help. Curious to see how they try to fix it.
do you know if your getting the latest top out? or the second design? just wondering, cuz a bunch of us are waiting on the newest "fix" that gm is throwing at us. i really wanted the 2nd design complete unit, but thats not gonna happen. if possible, post the part number from the receipt when you pick it up. thx
Old 07-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #133
pacecarguy

I'll let you know. First I heard of a second design ....
Old 07-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #134
pacecarguy

Still waiting for my car to come back with the new top..going on 2 days now .. Saying it wont be ready until Monday (will be 1 week in shop) Just curious for those out there that have had the top replaced.... How long did the dealer have your car? They preordered the parts needed and GM service book 4.5 hours of labor is what they are getting paid. Is this just poor service dept time management?
Old 07-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #135
LvnLifeHuieStyl

Drives: 2011 RS White Convertible 2LT
Thanks for the update, Rick!! Will be contacting my dealer tomorrow!

~~~~~~
2011 RS White W/ Tan Top Convirtible
~~~~~~
~ GM Ambient Lightning ~
~ Solo Cat-Back Exhaust ~
~~~~~~
Plenty more to come!!
LvnLifeHuieStyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #136
Tom_T

Drives: 2013 Convertible /2SS/RS/LS3
Quote:
Just curious for those out there that have had the top replaced.... How long did the dealer have your car? They preordered the parts needed and GM service book 4.5 hours of labor is what they are getting paid. Is this just poor service dept time management?
I took mine in on May 9th, top was pre-ordered, and got it back on May 10th. Two days in the shop of which I expected after reading other posts in the forums. Now I did have to take it back for an adjustment on the 27th of June, locking strips behind the back windows had come apart. I can't say enough about the professionalism shown by my dealership, which was not the selling dealer. They know how much I like my car and show the same respect for it as I do.
I talked with the installer and believe me these tops are not easy to replace. He would much rather replace the whole mechanism.
As of today no wrinkles, no leaks and no rub marks, though at times I think I see them. It's just the enjoyment of driving "top down".
Tom_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:05 PM   #137
brengeek
Not a dude.

Drives: 2012 45th 2ss/rs
Quote:
Still waiting for my car to come back with the new top..going on 2 days now .. Saying it wont be ready until Monday (will be 1 week in shop) Just curious for those out there that have had the top replaced.... How long did the dealer have your car? They preordered the parts needed and GM service book 4.5 hours of labor is what they are getting paid. Is this just poor service dept time management?
Ours was in the shop for 2 weeks. Why? Who knows. I think part of it was waiting for the "tape" for the "tape fix" part of the job. This was pre-enhancement/tsb time frame though.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #138
pacecarguy

Well, bad news update. Just talked to the dealer, and yes, after taking my top off, and opening the box they realized that the new top IS the new design top. Right now, they don't have a clue on how to install it since they say it is "so different" and they believe other parts are needed. There was also an apparent design change to the 5th bow so they had to get that ordered overnight. They can't commit to when my car will be ready, and they are going to call Chevrolet Tech center to see how they can help. Has anyone had the new design top installed yet, or has anyone seen any documentation / TSB's, etc. on what all is involved / instructions on what is needed to install the new design top? He told me the same thing "He would much rather replace the whole mechanism."

For any GM folks out there, you need to get this act together. Frustrated ...
Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM   #139
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Well, bad news update. Just talked to the dealer, and yes, after taking my top off, and opening the box they realized that the new top IS the new design top. Right now, they don't have a clue on how to install it since they say it is "so different" and they believe other parts are needed. There was also an apparent design change to the 5th bow so they had to get that ordered overnight. They can't commit to when my car will be ready, and they are going to call Chevrolet Tech center to see how they can help. Has anyone had the new design top installed yet, or has anyone seen any documentation / TSB's, etc. on what all is involved / instructions on what is needed to install the new design top? He told me the same thing "He would much rather replace the whole mechanism."

For any GM folks out there, you need to get this act together. Frustrated ...
Good News...It's a new design that will hopefully take care of the problems.
Bad News.....No one has any experience putting the damn thing in. Hope this doesn't turn into another CF (NOT camaro fest).

Currently, my parts/top are in as well, but waiting for the install.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #140
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Going on a month now with my new top- no rub marks yet!
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote