Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-14-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
A little annoyed with Dealer and oil leak

I took my car in a year ago to get an oil leak fixed. They replaced the oil cooler gasket.

Fast forward to a few months ago, I notice that I have more drops (fresh) on my garage floor. I took it back to the same dealer. I told them to find and fix the leak first before doing an oil change.

What do they do?

They wipe it off and say "we wiped it off, and it might just be residue, so we did an oil change". They applied tracer dye, and want to charge me for it since they said "we didn't determine there was a leak. We have to charge you $15.00 for the dye we put in the system" for the leak they said is residue and they'll reimburse me if it leaks more.

How the hell does that work?? How could you not determine that there was a leak in the first place? Even if you didn't find it, fine - but don't freaking give me garbage about how it might just be residue. There are fresh drops on my garage floor every day.

Sorry for the rant. I thought I had found a good dealership but I ended up disappointed after all the research I did for trying to find one that's at the very least honest, and hopefully competent.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Under warranty? The dye should be covered then. Sounds fishy

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #3
OUTATIME

I should add - I'm confidently under warranty. The only mod I have is an axle-back. It's as if they're petrified of the word "warranty" because they tiptoed around it ever so slightly in conversation.
Old 09-15-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Try another dealer

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 AM   #5
nm1458

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
Get a hand held mirror and a flashlight. Check for oil yourself, thats what i do Im dealing with a similar situation.
nm1458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
I took my car in a year ago to get an oil leak fixed. They replaced the oil cooler gasket.

Fast forward to a few months ago, I notice that I have more drops (fresh) on my garage floor. I took it back to the same dealer. I told them to find and fix the leak first before doing an oil change.

What do they do?

They wipe it off and say "we wiped it off, and it might just be residue, so we did an oil change". They applied tracer dye, and want to charge me for it since they said "we didn't determine there was a leak. We have to charge you $15.00 for the dye we put in the system" for the leak they said is residue and they'll reimburse me if it leaks more.

How the hell does that work?? How could you not determine that there was a leak in the first place? Even if you didn't find it, fine - but don't freaking give me garbage about how it might just be residue. There are fresh drops on my garage floor every day.

Sorry for the rant. I thought I had found a good dealership but I ended up disappointed after all the research I did for trying to find one that's at the very least honest, and hopefully competent.
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you may be experiencing. Have you had any more leaks after they put the dye in the vehicle? Please let us know. We are here if you have any concerns!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #7
OUTATIME

I have an update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I apologize for the dissatisfaction you may be experiencing. Have you had any more leaks after they put the dye in the vehicle? Please let us know. We are here if you have any concerns!

Brandon
Yes, I did have another leak after they put the dye in. This time, I took it to a different dealership. They are replacing the Oil Pan Gasket, under warranty. This dealership gave me a loaner car and the overall experience was much better, as they diagnosed it within a few hours.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:52 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTATIME View Post
I have an update:

Yes, I did have another leak after they put the dye in. This time, I took it to a different dealership. They are replacing the Oil Pan Gasket, under warranty. This dealership gave me a loaner car and the overall experience was much better, as they diagnosed it within a few hours.
Great to know that you got this concern addressed by another dealership! Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Brandon