Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 05-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #15
qdz21

Drives: Black 02 Z28 Vert Sold
Maxie Price Chevrolet in Loganville told me 5K over MSRP when I sent an inquiry from Cars.com. I told him thanks but no thanks I would take my business elsewhere. I received a call again about 3 days later saying they could order me one for 2500 over. I told him good luck with that because there numerous dealership selling them at MSRP and I already have one produced from Lou LaRiche Chevrolet in Michigan.
qdz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:11 AM   #16
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
I understand selling the ONLY dealer car you have on lot for rediculous amount, but why gouge pre-orders? It's not like they will be delivered any faster than dealer cars.
Sure it's short-sightedness on GMs part for release/production of this car(pink slips for those marketing individuals)
If I could wait, it would be when they have all colors on the lot, say by 2012. The demand should stabilize by then. It just sounds like the 'perfect' storm right now w/GM/dealers/demand is all..
And if GM is going to entice future buyers, this is NOT the way/image to present. Don't make obligations you cannot keep, if you want to survive in todays economy. You're hurting your own business future, as well as relieving dealerships of theirs. Now a majority of the 'wolves' are
showing their true colors, and your cars are going nowhere fast. May I suggest positive communication w/ dealers in efforts to relay/entice/bring back customers willing to give you $$$? Show the Govt that GM has a strong customer base support that won't allow it to fail. Don't mess up this opportune moment to shine once more..

Wouldn't it be nice to see a Camaro on every other block?

Last edited by 2010SLVRBULIT; 05-22-2009 at 10:31 AM.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:24 AM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
In Alabama 5 k over sticker, it can sit and dry rot
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 10:33 AM   #18
bigredbusa

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 69 Camaro
I went to John Thornton Chevrolet last night and was told the cars are selling for exactly msrp, not a dime over. I plan on returning on Monday to place my order for mine.
bigredbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #19
Jim Thompson
Thornton Chevrolet

Drives: Golf Cart
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredbusa View Post
I went to John Thornton Chevrolet last night and was told the cars are selling for exactly msrp, not a dime over. I plan on returning on Monday to place my order for mine.

That might have been me that told you that

although its tough to tell since we are literally seeing a hundred or more people a day on this vehicle!

come see us brother and ask for your salesman, he will appreciate it for sure!
Jim Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #20
Whitten

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSGator View Post
I pre-ordered my 2SS from Steve Raymond Chevy and have my quote sheet at MSRP. I will have to say though that there sales people SUCK!! I am now working with my 5th sales person since October, they won't call you back, keep you posted, nor know WTF they are doing. I have had to educated every one of them about the Camaro. And just for the recored I am also one of those stuck at 1100 but number 4 in line. Believe me, I will be calling this morning about this and if they are going to try and pull this on me I will challenge them on their commericals "regardless of profit or loss", we will see. I have considered pulling my order many times but hate to start all over again.

Thanks for the heads up guys!!
I wish you the best, and so long as you are fourth in line I wouldn't necessarily cancel my order.

As long as you have in writing that you will pay sticker and not a penny over they you should be set. There have been alot of trip ups by other members on here ordering their cars and agreeing to pay "fair market value"

While I am do not agree with paying a dealer that employs decit to tack on additional costs it is well within their right to ask more for a car due to this being a free market economy; The good side is we can go elsewhere.

That being said I was told when I was there last that they had a 2SS automatic in black coming in the next week that was going to be 45K.

In the time period that I have been up there they had a silver RS lt2, yellow LT2, Black lt1, and now this black 2ss...I know that one of those cars was their dealer alotment, the other two were orders that the buyers backed out of, so that makes this SS #3 so here you are #4...up to bat next.

Keep us informed I will be very interested to see how it goes.
Whitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #21
CamaroShayne

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS-SS Red Jewel
FYI to all of my fellow Camaro5 members... I am the General Sales Manager at Team Chevy at NorthPoint and I am ordering all Camaros AT MSRP, with only a $500 deposit. And we have already delivered 4 Camaros so far... DO NOT PAY OVER MSRP to order your new Camaro!
CamaroShayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:49 PM   #22
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikaRokBowTie View Post
Hardy Chevrolet in Gainesville has told me they are selling at msrp so maybe give them a call also.
Talk to Jeff Gore if anyone heads up there. He is a stand up guy and myself and family have bought several new/used cars from him.

I still get Christmas cards from him and it's been 7 years since I bought a car from him. hehe
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:07 AM   #23
waclawski1

Drives: 1979 camaro z28
Send a message via ICQ to waclawski1
Good Augusta Dealer

Got mine from Milton Rueben in Augusta GA for MSRP. My salesman was Ray Lockamy. Good guy to work with but I knew more than he did with the help of this site.
Attached Images

waclawski1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #24
illestdomer2005

Drives: 1990 Honda Accord
Jim,

I like Greg English a lot. The only thing that would keep me from ordering from him/y'all is that you have done SO well that your queue is pretty darn long, and I am on the other side of Atlanta

Did you say you're honoring GMS supplier discounts on Camaro orders? Just say the word, and I will be down there in a jiffy to place my order
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #25
illestdomer2005

I think everyone by now knows who the real d-bag Chevy dealers in ATL are...Carl Black, Steve Rayman, and Hendricks. I hope they absolutely choke on their inventory.

The beauty of capitalism is that if we REALLY mean business, we'll drive those turds out of business OR force them to readjust their pricing scheme. Unfortunately, impatient buyers tell them that they're doing the smart thing.

Now, ORDERING a vehicle for anything other than MSRP shouldn't be expected. You shouldn't expect to pay less than sticker for a special order, but you sure as hell shouldn't have to pay more. Ordinarily, I say only Gentiles pay retail
Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 AM   #26
Buby2

Drives: 2003 Eclipse & 2010 2LT SW Camaro
A big shout out from NY to all those dealers selling at MSRP in GA. It's the american way to do business not the greedy bastards who I wish GM closes them down. Took me 1 month to find a dealer whos selling at the normal MSRP price and to all dealers who are normal I wish you the best of business cause you deserve to be in business, and to those price gaugers I wish you hell on earth.
Buby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #27
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buby2 View Post
A big shout out from NY to all those dealers selling at MSRP in GA. It's the american way to do business not the greedy bastards who I wish GM closes them down. Took me 1 month to find a dealer whos selling at the normal MSRP price and to all dealers who are normal I wish you the best of business cause you deserve to be in business, and to those price gaugers I wish you hell on earth.
No doubt. Did you ORDER at MSRP or buy one off the lot at MSRP? If the latter, way to go!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #28
gospeedgo17
Living the Dream 02/2011

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS Blk/Blk; 2003 Av
Thanks for the info everyone. Dealers will eventually recognize that word travels even faster via the internet - especially through this forum.

My 2SS next year will be ordered through Terry Smith @ Gordon Chevrolet in Orange Park, FL (Jacksonville area).

EXCELLENT JOB, OSHAWA AND ST. CATHERINES! KEEP IT UP!
gospeedgo17 is offline   Reply With Quote