Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-16-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
Just bought apex oil catch can

finally pulled the trigger on apex catch can, little upset there was no discount for c5 members after asking. waited a few months to see if a discount came up but hasn't so went ahead and ordered it. now i can't wait for it to show up! though i do feel its expensive for a piece of metal and braided hose, i don't want oil in the intake!
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:03 PM   #2
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
It pays for itself by keeping the oil out of in the intake. Installed ours with 12 miles on the car. Changed oil at 400 miles and sure enough, there was oil in the bottom of the catch can. Can't say how glad I am we installed it. Apex makes a very nice product and it's worth it.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
Their catch can is very high quality and has a large baffle area for condensation of the oil in the fumes prior to leaving the can. The can itself is large, and I prefer the mounting location over other brands. I installed one on my car at 60 miles.

If you have a significant amount of miles on your car now you may already have a lot of sludge built up in your manifold and should probably get it cleaned with Sea Foam.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:06 PM   #4
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quality costs $$. There are others out there but I'm very impressed with the quality of my Apex CC and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, regardless of the few extra bucks.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
PuertoRoc253

Drives: 2012 2SS
Is there any power loss with the buildup?
PuertoRoc253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:36 PM   #6
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Eventually
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
granpa

Drives: 2010 2ss camero 6m
I'm getting ready to order a catch can on Monday. I plan on ordering it from apex. My question is whether to get his brand or the RX? I'm not not sure how much difference there is between the two as far as effectiveness. The Rx has check valves and the Apex doesn't.
Also can install the dual inlet and block one inlet off until I go FI.

Thanks in advance for your advise.
granpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #8
F-16 Camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
I'd get Apex's over RX anyday. The RX has the drain valve, whereas the Apex has the screw off bottom.
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #9
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by F-16 Camaro View Post
I'd get Apex's over RX anyday. The RX has the drain valve, whereas the Apex has the screw off bottom.
From what I have read and understand the Elite or the Apex are the way to go . When mine arrives ( hopefully Monday ) I will buy witch ever is cheaper ,the Apex or the Elite . I plan on keeping the 1LE catch can /separator on the clean side and the Elite or Apex on the other side. If either runs a Sale for the whole setup I'll grab it .If both are the same cost I'll flip a coin . I don't think you could go wrong with either . Bot high Quality ,both work.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #10
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Thank you to everyone for your orders and feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
Quality costs $$. There are others out there but I'm very impressed with the quality of my Apex CC and I'd highly recommend it to anyone, regardless of the few extra bucks.
Absolutely. We could build a catch can for easily a third of what it costs us to manufacturer ours by having it manufactured using different processes in China out of cheaper material, but that would not be a product we would put our name on. Anything that we put the Apex brand on is going to be a well engineered American made product that is as good or better than any of it's competitors.

Glad to know you are happy with your catch can Todd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuertoRoc253 View Post
Is there any power loss with the buildup?
Over time performance and fuel economy will both suffer.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote