#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 08-14-2017, 03:14 PM   #57
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Dude please just leave the forums, no one cares about your opinions plain and simple. Just get the ZL1 and quit your complaining please. Isn't this your 2nd "rant" thread now?

$100 says this guy is all talk and will never get a ZL1 or 1LE. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?
You would have to give me crazy good odds haha.

He won't get one cause he won't be able to get a ZL1 that LOOKS like a 1LE but still retains all the comfy driving features that makes it easy for him to only drive it to cars and coffee and to the grocery store.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:24 PM   #58
TheShooter
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Charger Hellcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Dude please just leave the forums, no one cares about your opinions plain and simple. Just get the ZL1 and quit your complaining please. Isn't this your 2nd "rant" thread now?

$100 says this guy is all talk and will never get a ZL1 or 1LE. Anyone want to take me up on that bet?

There's good dialogue going on. Why can't you handle it? Don't read the thread, if it bothers you. Cars are for FUN, dude!

In the last 30 months I bought a Charger SRT 392, Charger Hellcat, VW Beetle ragtop(!), Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee, Mercedes GLC 300...and now I'm shopping for a great handling car.

Here's the 392 engine we did up for local shows....followed by the current Hellcat...
Attached Images

TheShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #59
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlueX2 View Post
I haven't heard of any ZL1 A10's going into limp mode on the track..... Z06's..... yes....
There have been several post on this forum about issues at the track with the A10. The last one that comes to mind is the guy with the ZL1 who was chasing the Ford GT. I have read other as well. I will try to search. There is a reason the 1LE is an M6 and it is not just tradition.
Old 08-14-2017, 03:33 PM   #60
Expunge

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6, '99 Tahoe 2Dr Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
That's all the 1LE is anyway, parts smacked in to a ZL1. Remember this is only a trim package of the ZL1, not a different car. Just want to make sure you're very aware of this. There are no other differences than those parts mentioned.
Ummm.. not quite.

You're right it is not a different car. But at the same time it is far more than a simple trim package.

You left out these enhancements

The final gear ratio in the 6 speed is different from a standard ZL1 0.68:1 vs 0.54:1
Integrated Camber Plate Adjusters
Thinner rear glass
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:35 PM   #61
17CamaroZL1
Life's Short, Live Fast!

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue A10 ZL1
Wow.......what a thread!

Never heard of an A10 overheating yet. I put mine through a pretty good test back in May. 90 degrees plus, super humid, and made 7 back to back passes at the strip with no cool down.....even let it sit and idle for a few minutes, and it worked flawless. The trans temp was barely over normal cruising temps after 2 or 3 passes, and it stayed there.

As for the 1LE version being offered with the A10, Al told us at Camarofest that it could very well be offered at some point. They simply aren't offering it right now because the 1LE has always been a manual car. If someone wants a ZL1 1LE, then I'd say wait a while and see if GM offers it, or go ahead and make your own.
Life's Short, Live Fast! https://youtu.be/rTUv2p4T7OA 10.94 at 128 mph, 11.13 at 127mph 870 DA, https://youtu.be/e_X_LcpFp50 11.19 at 127mph 1100 DA, https://youtu.be/OXQiCQdQuH4 11.40 at 125mph 1800 DA
https://youtu.be/uWba1qs8M6Q 11.52 at 123mph 3500 DA
TZQPHG '17 ZL1 HBM|A10|Nav|PDR|CFW Hood|ZL1 Mats

12/26/2016 Ordered!
2/8/2017 Built!!
3/2/2017 Brought Home!!!
17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #62
Mr. Meh

Drives: Sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17ZL1Camaro View Post
There have been several post on this forum about issues at the track with the A10. The last one that comes to mind is the guy with the ZL1 who was chasing the Ford GT. I have read other as well. I will try to search. There is a reason the 1LE is an M6 and it is not just tradition.
I know of one and that wasn't at the time proven to be temp related.. The Z06 issues are engine heating issues due to the trans keeping them constantly in power band areas and their inability to dissipate properly and they're pretty consistent across the model.

I'd like to see those if you find them (seriously. not just challenging for them) because they'd be relevant to me as I ramp up my track time on road courses.
Mr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:57 PM   #63
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
This is what I remember as well & like Meh, only recall one overheating issue here with an A10, but was having it across the board with all the temps...you would think as much time as they spent with it at the ring' & those on the tracks now that we would see more if it indeed was an issue??

If GM thinks they can sell this auto with the aero, tires & suspension I see no reason for them not to offer it, but it will not be a called a 1LE if I was to wager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17CamaroZL1 View Post
Wow.......what a thread!

Never heard of an A10 overheating yet. I put mine through a pretty good test back in May. 90 degrees plus, super humid, and made 7 back to back passes at the strip with no cool down.....even let it sit and idle for a few minutes, and it worked flawless. The trans temp was barely over normal cruising temps after 2 or 3 passes, and it stayed there.

As for the 1LE version being offered with the A10, Al told us at Camarofest that it could very well be offered at some point. They simply aren't offering it right now because the 1LE has always been a manual car. If someone wants a ZL1 1LE, then I'd say wait a while and see if GM offers it, or go ahead and make your own.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:13 PM   #64
Sooner Cole

Drives: 2019 ZL1-1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
This is what I remember as well & like Meh, only recall one overheating issue here with an A10, but was having it across the board with all the temps...you would think as much time as they spent with it at the ring' & those on the tracks now that we would see more if it indeed was an issue??

If GM thinks they can sell this auto with the aero, tires & suspension I see no reason for them not to offer it, but it will not be a called a 1LE if I was to wager.
Here is a quote lmcgrew79 while at Mid Ohio track.
Zl1 A10 Shifting Issues on Track
Taking the car in today for service to see if they can do anything about this, it seems to happen around 6-7 laps in. Im driving the car pretty hard but not abusive it was on 80 degrees outside. Ive also has had a pretty harsh downshift from 4th to 3rd since ive had it but i thought that may be normal? IDK Hope they can do something. I love the trans but if it isnt gonna hold to 5 or 6 laps then this is a major problem
Old 08-14-2017, 04:16 PM   #65
Mr. Meh

The "since I've had it" part is important and could point to a mechanical or electrical issue in the transmission. That's the one I was referring to. That's not necessarily a temp issue or even a use issue but more a build or mech issue from inception.

Will have to see what comes of that visit. As a friend of mine pointed out. There was a point where the HP Manual called for a track level fluid check and setting. Then they removed it. There was no reason why. It could be that his trans fluid wasn't at the proper level since it was put together. But, it's not a done-deal and for now, that's an unaccounted for anomaly that's being investigated.

I ran Autobahn CC last Monday, and it was mid 70s out and that's a 3.56mi technical track. I wasn't light on the car and it was in full auto mode.. I had none of those reported issues.

Now, his issue could very well be pervasive, but a hard 4-3 downshift in this car isn't normal.
Old 08-14-2017, 04:27 PM   #66
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Here is a quote lmcgrew79 while at Mid Ohio track.
Zl1 A10 Shifting Issues on Track
Taking the car in today for service to see if they can do anything about this, it seems to happen around 6-7 laps in. Im driving the car pretty hard but not abusive it was on 80 degrees outside. Ive also has had a pretty harsh downshift from 4th to 3rd since ive had it but i thought that may be normal? IDK Hope they can do something. I love the trans but if it isnt gonna hold to 5 or 6 laps then this is a major problem
Yeah...he isn't alone on the hard 4th to 3rd, but that isn't a heating issue.

When I'm tooling around town, mine hits hard on the upshift (manual only) in lower rpm's for some reason from 3rd to 4th only...not horrible or bothersome to take it in yet, but not like the other gears being super silk like.

I haven't paid much attn to the downshift when in performance mode as I expect it to be rough & have not been to the track yet.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #67
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Meh View Post
**citation needed. Actual facts, dates, times, names, configurations on the Camaro ZL1 platform. I've seen some incidents of trans wonkyness, but they're isolated and not anywhere near pervasive like the C7 Z06 A8s.

The simple fact the you compared heat soak on C7 Corvette with an A8 and small frontal area to an A10 Camaro with huge frontal area, more heat exchanging systems, etc. shows you're full of conjecture and speculation on the topic.
The video a member posted tracking against a Ford GT, was originally posted by the OP to highlight his uncomfortably hot temps after a few laps. I am in no way bashing the A10. I would drive it all day, every day in the city/ highway. If racing was the reason I bought my ZL1, it would have to be a manual. No ifs, ands, or buts.
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #68
FringBirdAloha

Drives: Pre-production ZL1 M6
Quote:
+1
FringBirdAloha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #69
Mr. Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FringBirdAloha View Post
The video a member posted tracking against a Ford GT, was originally posted by the OP to highlight his uncomfortably hot temps after a few laps. I am in no way bashing the A10. I would drive it all day, every day in the city/ highway. If racing was the reason I bought my ZL1, it would have to be a manual. No ifs, ands, or buts.
So, 1 person, with 1 car, with a hard-shift 4-3 issue since ownership, constitutes a problem with the line? He had a gear flaring issue which isn't even close to the complaint issue people in this thread keep point at in the Corvette body. A flaring gear could be cause in several ways.

Has the dealer fully checked out the transmission? Have they validated no issues of any kind mechanical or electrical? What about fluid levels?

I didn't have that issue with my car and I wasn't light on it either and I ran 20m sessions as well on a technical track that didn't allow for triple digits speeds to pump in tons of air flow over the frontal area.

I've asked repeatedly in this thread for real data relevant to this car showing model pervasive issues. I even noted I was aware of 1. The one people keep pointing to.

I'm still waiting on the links showing all these members having nothing but issues with A10 cars on tracks..

Last edited by Mr. Meh; 08-14-2017 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #70
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShooter View Post
There's good dialogue going on. Why can't you handle it? Don't read the thread, if it bothers you. Cars are for FUN, dude!

In the last 30 months I bought a Charger SRT 392, Charger Hellcat, VW Beetle ragtop(!), Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee, Mercedes GLC 300...and now I'm shopping for a great handling car.

Here's the 392 engine we did up for local shows....followed by the current Hellcat...
You know what I think I've seen you around LA, that hellcat engine bay looks so familiar! Were you at the Mopar car show at Balboa Park? I had my 70 AMC rebel machine at the event.

I noticed in you're other thread you live in Burbank, I'm in Valencia. I swear I've seen you around before at a car event or two.

I'm all for a good dialogue my friend, but you have to admit this is what you're 3rd thread? After while it gets very repetitive with no end in sight.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote