Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 03-22-2024, 05:57 PM   #1
Bruce2088

Drives: 24 2SS 1LE V8 6M
CEL P2098 after only 1500 miles new car

So needed to rev engine a bit for daughter’s friend. I’ve never rev’d this stopped before. Rev’d to only 2000 - 2500 rpm twice (was in track and didn’t want to be too loud). Yeah, this was weak AF but I was asked to. Got to first stop sign and noticed CEL on. Went home and read codes. P2098 Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Lean
Bank 2

This just a hiccup? Been nicely breaking in car as it’s an 2024 2SS 1LE and kept below 4000rpm all this time until yesterday I went, wait for it, took it in 2nd up to 5000rpm. Zzzzzz. I know. Buying oil for my 2nd oil change before I take the reins off.

Only thing I’ve done is install 1-4 skip shift.

Thinking hiccup because I saw the following on some random page for Google search P2098
“ The most common reason for the fault codes
listed above is when the driver continuously taps the accelerator pedal (on - off - on - off - on - off) to try and maintain a constant speed, or possibly keeping the beat to a good song. I suggest clearing the fault codes and try to keep the accelerator pedal in one position as much as possible and see if the fault codes return.”
Bruce2088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 08:38 AM   #2
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I saw the same thing about tapping the pedal to the beat of music... who does that?
I also read something about cold air being a factor.

Anyway, exhaust leak, vacuum leak, or bad sensor.
I would probably report this to the dealer without some of the details you mentioned like revving and installing the skip shift. If O2 sensor is bad they might say you damaged wiring installing the skip ship.

Ultimately you want this addressed under warranty because it will be very difficult to sell/trade or get inspected with a CEL, even one that comes and goes.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote