Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-11-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Don't get me wrong, I'd like them to do a performance Cruze as long as they fully engineer it. They've got a nice little Cruze racing platform going on too- so some tie in opportunities.

I'm just of the opinion that right now they consider performance models of anything but those 3 cars (vette, camaro, cts-v) a distraction. Maybe in late 2011 or 2012 they'll feel more adventurous. Its a well worn tradition to put out a performance model of vehicles that are starting to age.

In the meantime, I hope this thread can get back on track. No need to insult anyone's current ride or accuse them of being closet Toyota lovers.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #16
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
What are you, serious? The Corvette's interior is pretty bad too. The C7 needs to fix that. Nevertheless, you cannot deny that the Cobalt's interior was absolutely horrible.

Yes, GM is going to get rid of their two most iconic vehicles in their quest to become toyota, and yes, I want GM to become toyota, even though I've denounced toyota for years.

I wonder if people ever actually put any thought into what they post here.
everybody i've talked to says it's not bad you know what's ridiculous you expecting everything out of a car for cheap lets just say you have $20,000 and your going to buy a NEW car you can either get luxury and buy a toyota or you can get performance from a cobalt ss and the reason you people never give the vette hell is cause it's so fast and it's "not just a cobalt". You expect too much from a $20,000 performance car.

Yes they'll get rid of it just like toyota got rid of the supra anything is possible... and you say that a luxury car are far superior to performance is the toyota way of thinking

Quote:
Read what you posted that I've put in bold. There is no reason GM can't do a performance-based Cruze, and there is plenty of evidence that says there was (and still might be) one in the works. If any of you watched the reveal at Lordstown, there was one Cruze that looked quite interesting.
and who's supposed to design this Crudze SS?? there's no performance division to do it and they said themselves that the Vette camaro and cts-v are the last performance car's they're going to produce
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #17
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCPOAJ View Post
everybody i've talked to says it's not bad you know what's ridiculous you expecting everything out of a car for cheap lets just say you have $20,000 and your going to buy a NEW car you can either get luxury and buy a toyota or you can get performance from a cobalt ss and the reason you people never give the vette hell is cause it's so fast and it's "not just a cobalt". You expect too much from a $20,000 performance car.

Yes they'll get rid of it just like toyota got rid of the supra anything is possible... and you say that a luxury car are far superior to performance is the toyota way of thinking

and who's supposed to design this Crudze SS?? there's no performance division to do it and they said themselves that the Vette camaro and cts-v are the last performance car's they're going to produce
Please tell me what luxury car I can buy from toyota for $20k. Oh right, I can't.

Okay, you keep telling yourself that. It's obvious you really don't know anything about GM's future plans if that's what you're expecting.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has said that the Corvette, Camaro, and CTS-V are the last performance cars from GM. That's total BS that you just made up to prove your own point. If GM was giving up on performance completely, there wouldn't be a Regal GS in the works right now.

And in case you didn't know, Cruze was in development long before GM went into bankruptcy, when GMHPVO was still active. It's the same reason there will be a CTS-V Coupe and why the CTS-V Sportwagon is under consideration. Hell, Lutz himself said they're considering a performance-oriented Volt.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #18
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Please tell me what luxury car I can buy from toyota for $20k. Oh right, I can't.

Okay, you keep telling yourself that. It's obvious you really don't know anything about GM's future plans if that's what you're expecting.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY, has said that the Corvette, Camaro, and CTS-V are the last performance cars from GM. That's total BS that you just made up to prove your own point. If GM was giving up on performance completely, there wouldn't be a Regal GS in the works right now.

And in case you didn't know, Cruze was in development long before GM went into bankruptcy, when GMHPVO was still active. It's the same reason there will be a CTS-V Coupe and why the CTS-V Sportwagon is under consideration. Hell, Lutz himself said they're considering a performance-oriented Volt.
you've got to be f'n kidding me that's just ridiculous a volt?!?! they've lost their mind they need something flashier then the cobalt with the drivetrain of a skyredline/solsticegxp ya know i'm sorry i blew up at you i just can't stand the cruze yea yea they need to sell more cars they just don't need to be like toyota making heartless cars gm has always been on top of fun vehicles. and no matter how much people hate the cobalt i will always have fun driving it.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
you've got to be f'n kidding me that's just ridiculous a volt?!?! they've lost their mind they need something flashier then the cobalt with the drivetrain of a skyredline/solsticegxp ya know i'm sorry i blew up at you i just can't stand the cruze yea yea they need to sell more cars they just don't need to be like toyota making heartless cars gm has always been on top of fun vehicles. and no matter how much people hate the cobalt i will always have fun driving it.
It's not as ridiculous as you might think. Electric vehicles don't need a transmission, which results in instant torque. Look to the Tesla Roadster as an example. Electric-only range would be sacrificed, but a performance-tuned Voltec vehicle could work out quite well.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #20
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Nevertheless, you cannot deny that the Cobalt's interior was absolutely horrible.
Actually, I would like to..."horrible" is an exaggeration, imo. It is not best-in-class, nor...best-in-anything ()...but having lived in one for almost 2 years now, my only complaint is the use of materials.

Quote:
and no matter how much people hate the cobalt i will always have fun driving it.
And there's nothing wrong with that...at all!! But may I ask, who's to say you wouldn't have as much (or likely more) driving a Cruze?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:48 PM   #21
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Actually, I would like to..."horrible" is an exaggeration, imo. It is not best-in-class, nor...best-in-anything ()...but having lived in one for almost 2 years now, my only complaint is the use of materials.

And there's nothing wrong with that...at all!! But may I ask, who's to say you wouldn't have as much (or likely more) driving a Cruze?
does it have nurburgring tuned suspension or a 350whp motor??
Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #22
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:

lol
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:50 PM   #23
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
To-be-announced (and likely, since it's already being sold in Europe...). As for the hp, does the Cobalt?
Old 11-11-2009, 11:59 PM   #24
MCPOAJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
lol
Quote:
To-be-announced (and likely, since it's already being sold in Europe...). As for the hp, does the Cobalt?
well... mine does will it have nice cupholders??
Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 AM   #25
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Smarta$$....

(in all seriousness...the Cobalt doesn't have nice cupholders...whoever decided to put them up against the HVAC controls like that never put a cup in there to test it, I'm sure of it....)
Old 11-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #26
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
Smarta$$....

(in all seriousness...the Cobalt doesn't have nice cupholders...whoever decided to put them up against the HVAC controls like that never put a cup in there to test it, I'm sure of it....)
Isn't THAT the truth!
I loved my SS SC for the 3 years i had it, but i am much happier GM is moving on with the segment. Hail the Cruize!! This baby looks pretty sharp, and hopefully they get a performance version in the works!

Cliffnotes: whoo hoo Cruize!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #27
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
Isn't THAT the truth!
I loved my SS SC for the 3 years i had it, but i am much happier GM is moving on with the segment. Hail the Cruize!! This baby looks pretty sharp, and hopefully they get a performance version in the works!

Cliffnotes: whoo hoo Cruize!
hrm, hrm....you see...GM intentionally misspelled the word "Cruise" as "Cruze"...perhaps in an attempt to corner the texting-young demographic that can't spell a word properly to save their lives...

You're somewhere in the middle with "Cruize".

hehehe j.k.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:15 AM   #28
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Not stock it doesn't

And if your not comparing stock, then your seriously going to compare your modded car to a stock Cruze?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote