Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #57
Obzen
Pull up Cougar!

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
Big difference between too much and too wrong!
I totally want to buy that AventaMaro.

Obzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #58
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I think Chevy did such a great job with the appearance of the Camaro that keeping the LOOK stock is not a bad thing AT ALL!!!
I have done a lot of mods to interior and some under the hood. The only thing i've done on the outside is a couple HP emblems on the hood. The only plans I have for the exterior is LED DRLs which I have from Ofer and haven't installed yet, chrome OEM wheels may be next summer, and maybe a heritage grill next year sometime. I don't feel a need to change something that gets lots of compliments already!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #59
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Everybody has their own ideas and reasons for modding. Depends on what your goals are and how much enjoyment you get out of modding. Some like modding itself and those are the ones that tend to go too far because they never really had an overall goal or purpose for the mods. It becomes too easy to take a car that was once nice to be in and drive and turn it into something that's not so nice to be in and drive.

In my opinion the best way to mod is to start with a goal of what you want to finally wind up with, and then create a plan of what you need to do and get, and in what order so you can reach that goal. This will take planning and research but for me that was half the fun. It was very satisfying to start with a concept on paper and wind up with a final product very very close to what I had envisioned.

I started by building a list of what I was going to "need" versus what I "wanted" and prioritizing it to "needs" first. Then I took that and put in hours and hours and hours of research; sometimes changing my plan by adding something I hadn't thought of, changing from what I had been thinking of; learning and learning as I went.

Overall the project has gone very well; the car is a blast to drive. I've only had to redo two items; the very first mod I did which was exhaust wasn't adequate by the time I finally got to LT headers, cam and high-flow cats so I had to replace that with a Magnaflow axleback which sounds perfect with my setup. The other item I had to redo was the plug wires I had purchased for the headers which wound up being too long after I replaced the valve covers with Holley's that moved the coils downward so I had to buy a new set. Considering the fairly extensive amounts of modding I've done that's not bad at all.

Here's a link to my project thread which documents it from the day I picked up my car to where I'm at with it now:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45165

I have a JRE air scoop and washer bottle relocation kit to install in the next couple of days before going to the track saturday. There's only a few other things I might do to the car and then I'm basically done. The way it is right now it's a very fast and capable car; handles great, responsive and has the looks and sound to match. I don't know if anyone thinks I've "overdone" it but I like it and sure enjoy the heck out of it.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #60
akCamaross

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Its called getting into "ricer" status
Old 10-03-2012, 01:02 PM   #61
bigbob11

Drives: 2012 2SS
CAI check, exhaust check, headers Check, tune check, next on the list cam,lowering,rims Hell you can't take it with you
bigbob11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #62
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Knew I was done when I got bored with it.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #63
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
You'll know when you're done...it just will happen one day. When I was younger, that time usually coincided with me being ready to sell it and start a new project. Now that I'm older, I go mod-crazy a lot less than I used to (hmm, probably because I'm an adult with real adult expenses haha), and I just do a little bit at a time, enjoying it every step of the way. When I was young I'd drop thousands in one shot and it seemed like the gratification came too soon, and I was 'over' it sooner as well...I make better choices now, for me and my wallet!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #64
leonm47

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 LT2-RS
I'm only four weeks into the world of Camaro's traded my 08 Vette and I'm pleased so far. The performance area really doesn't move me that much. Me with my vain a-- am all into appearance.So you all give me some idea's. Already have American Racing VN427 wheels installed about 30 minutes after I took delivery. Waiting to hear from yall. Oh yeah it's Inferno Orange w/Black Hood Stripes and ground Effects.

2013 IOM LT2/RS, American Racing Daytona Wheels,Factory Ground Effects, LED Tail Lights,FlowMaster's, Stripe Package.
leonm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:15 PM   #65
Blackkaz04

Drives: 2006 Z06
hahahaha...that's what I say.....but "just enjoying" a car is never enough. I have to mod.
Blackkaz04 is offline   Reply With Quote