Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #57
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I have a friend who worked at a rail yard unloading Fords years ago. He said that all of the GT Mustangs and turbo TBirds were thoroughly tested while they were unloading them
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 PM   #58
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

NOBODY drives my ZL1 without me being inside, for any reason.

IHC said trust but verify. I have more of an X-Files bent: Trust No One.
...one of my favorite quotes from the Great Communicator himself....

OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #59
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
And GM's extensive quality control did not detect this? Sounds fishy to me....

2012 Camaro SS IOM "TigreSS"
Borla "S" Catback
C.A.I. Intake
VMax Ported TB
JRE Tune
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #60
actireman

Drives: 2011 denali hd2500
This is my first 5th gen camaro and it seems to have a lot of road noise. I don't know if it is normal. My car came with 30 miles on it and the dealer put on 4. But they also told me before hand that they would test drive it for that amount of miles before doing it. My noise doesn't sound like a rear end whine, it sounds more like your driving a vert. Is this normal?
actireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:00 AM   #61
mcamisgroup

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Update!! Picked up my car at the dealer last night after having a whole new rear end installed. It is super quiet (except the exhausts) and rides smooth as silk. My technician and 2 service managers said the noise from the failed rear end could be hear over the radio and exhausts. They said it had a badly broken seal.

When I asked how this could have happened, they said that obviously someone had really gotten on the accelerator either in Oshawa, loading it, or in Petersburg, VA. where it was unloaded. Several of you had opined that somewhere in the loading or unloading process, someone had taken a hot lap in the parking lot.

They have told me to really take it easy on the car for the first 300 miles before I put my foot into it. Anyway, it is fixed and I have a new permagrin. It still amazes me that they could Fed-ex a whole new rear end in one day!
mcamisgroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:44 AM   #62
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamisgroup View Post
Update!! Picked up my car at the dealer last night after having a whole new rear end installed. It is super quiet (except the exhausts) and rides smooth as silk. My technician and 2 service managers said the noise from the failed rear end could be hear over the radio and exhausts. They said it had a badly broken seal.

When I asked how this could have happened, they said that obviously someone had really gotten on the accelerator either in Oshawa, loading it, or in Petersburg, VA. where it was unloaded. Several of you had opined that somewhere in the loading or unloading process, someone had taken a hot lap in the parking lot.

They have told me to really take it easy on the car for the first 300 miles before I put my foot into it. Anyway, it is fixed and I have a new permagrin. It still amazes me that they could Fed-ex a whole new rear end in one day!
Glad to hear. Enjoy, and post some more pics and driving impressions.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #63
noxqq

Drives: '19 ZR1 Shadow Gray & '16 Z06 LBR
It seems to me that all of the speculation about how our cars are driven before we drive them could be seen on the tires. Of course, not a total indicator but there could be an obvious picture of life before the owner painted on those tires.
noxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:11 PM   #64
DAVE ZL1
Dave ZL1

Drives: 2006 DURAMAX
PICS

Great to hear now post some pics
DAVE ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #65
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamisgroup View Post

Very happy to hear it's all fixed!

Now - enjoy the heck out of it!
Old 04-11-2012, 09:30 PM   #66
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
I'm just saying I want to be IN THE CAR so I can make sure my 60k worth of Ultra-Grin isn't being mistreated... by anyone but me that is, and only after she has had time to get all the metal shavings cleared out by an early fluid change.

OK, that's not all I'm saying. I'd prefer to drive. He can ride with me for the test.

I'm kinda possessive that way, at least about this car.
the warranty doesn't start until you sign the papers. if there's 12 or 15 miles it will be 12 or 15 miles added to the warranty. so no need to worry about that.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:45 PM   #67
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
I would have wanted to witness the problem first hand, so I knew if it did it again I'd know what it sounds like for any future issues that may arise.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #68
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Glad to hear. Enjoy, and post some more pics and driving impressions.
Buy your own, but first trade in your Mustang.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #69
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Wish I had seen this before. Hahaha....... If it were me I'd get the VIN number and tell them to order me a new car, and confirm I don't have the same piece of sh*t (check the VIN) when I go pick up the vehicle.

New car is a new car, not a new car that had mechanical defects and work done before I even drove it off the lot. Sorry, GM you get a fail in my books.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote