Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-21-2016, 03:17 PM   #351
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Welp looks like I have a dealership trying to blame a sudden loss of oil pressure on my Elite Catch Can.

Impossible! Have him try and explain this.

I assume you have a pre 2014 V6 with no oil level indicator? That dealer knows they use oil and many run them dry not knowing they have to check oil level at least weekly.

The Elite HELPED slow your consumption issue. May want to bring up the Magnasun/Moss act as well. Dealer trying to pawn off a known failure issue on something like that is not a dealer to patronize IMHO.
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #352
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Impossible! Have him try and explain this.

I assume you have a pre 2014 V6 with no oil level indicator? That dealer knows they use oil and many run them dry not knowing they have to check oil level at least weekly.

The Elite HELPED slow your consumption issue. May want to bring up the Magnasun/Moss act as well. Dealer trying to pawn off a known failure issue on something like that is not a dealer to patronize IMHO.
I have a '15 1LE. I am letting GM customer service work for me at the moment. But I am more than prepared to fight this as I know there is no possible way for the catch can to cause no oil pressure. It was full of oil as well.

Sent from my campfire using smoke signals
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 09:30 AM   #353
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Car is stuck at the dealer, and they are claiming GM flagged the warranty for unknown reasons

Old 04-23-2016, 09:59 AM   #354
RACERJOE1

Drives: 2014 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
Welp looks like I have a dealership trying to blame a sudden loss of oil pressure on my Elite Catch Can.
You need to find another dealer, these guys sound like morons, there is no way a catch can will affect engine oil pressure.
RACERJOE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:29 PM   #355
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Still fighting, but it isn't going well.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:48 AM   #356
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Plumbing a catch can on a normally aspirated engine is is a relatively straightforward thing - foul vapors in from the crankcase (or one valve cover to the inlet), and purged air from the exit of the can back into the engine. The idea is simply to scrub out the foul crankcase vapors that junk up your engine and circulate purged and filtered air within the engine, and ideally it remains as a "closed" system.

BUT - WITH A SUPERCHARGER, things can be a little different as to how to connect or plumb it. First of all, the ideal setup is to upgrade to something like a Elite Engineering E2 can with dual outlets and check valves, and also incorporate a Clean Side Separator. I saw a few different ways members had plumbed their Catch Cans on a Supercharged build, and some were backwards, wrong, and not really doing the best job as intended. Thanks to Jason of Elite for clarifying the correct system to use and how to plumb it the right way on my Whipple Blown LS3.

Go with this system or even the E2-X: 2nd Gen E2 Can - 2010+ Camaro LS3, E2 Dual Exit, Hockey Stick Mount, Black AN Fittings & Rubber Hose Finishing Ends, Double Exit Check Valves, and the add Clean Air/Oil Separator Option. Connect The Drivers Side PVC Valve Cover Connection to the Center Inlet of the Can. Disconnect the hose connection at the Passenger side Valve Cover and cap the Barb (this connection for me is in the middle of the Passenger Valve Cover with a quick connect attached to a pipe). Run this hose which comes from the Whipple Air intake tube to the CSS Barb on the Separator (which replaces the Oil Cap). Run one exit port from the catch can with a inline check valve to the PVC Barb on the LH side of the blower (for me it is the center of the 3 ports and is currently connected with a quick connect fitting from this port to the rear of the Drivers side Valve Cover Port). Lastly, connect the 2nd exit port from the can with a in-line check valve to a barb installed into the main intake air tube just in front of the throttle body (close as possible to the TB, the CSS hose must be closer to the MAF).
hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #357
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by hesster View Post
Plumbing a catch can on a normally aspirated engine is is a relatively straightforward thing - foul vapors in from the crankcase (or one valve cover to the inlet), and purged air from the exit of the can back into the engine. The idea is simply to scrub out the foul crankcase vapors that junk up your engine and circulate purged and filtered air within the engine, and ideally it remains as a "closed" system.

BUT - WITH A SUPERCHARGER, things can be a little different as to how to connect or plumb it. First of all, the ideal setup is to upgrade to something like a Elite Engineering E2 can with dual outlets and check valves, and also incorporate a Clean Side Separator. I saw a few different ways members had plumbed their Catch Cans on a Supercharged build, and some were backwards, wrong, and not really doing the best job as intended. Thanks to Jason of Elite for clarifying the correct system to use and how to plumb it the right way on my Whipple Blown LS3.

Go with this system or even the E2-X: 2nd Gen E2 Can - 2010+ Camaro LS3, E2 Dual Exit, Hockey Stick Mount, Black AN Fittings & Rubber Hose Finishing Ends, Double Exit Check Valves, and the add Clean Air/Oil Separator Option. Connect The Drivers Side PVC Valve Cover Connection to the Center Inlet of the Can. Disconnect the hose connection at the Passenger side Valve Cover and cap the Barb (this connection for me is in the middle of the Passenger Valve Cover with a quick connect attached to a pipe). Run this hose which comes from the Whipple Air intake tube to the CSS Barb on the Separator (which replaces the Oil Cap). Run one exit port from the catch can with a inline check valve to the PVC Barb on the LH side of the blower (for me it is the center of the 3 ports and is currently connected with a quick connect fitting from this port to the rear of the Drivers side Valve Cover Port). Lastly, connect the 2nd exit port from the can with a in-line check valve to a barb installed into the main intake air tube just in front of the throttle body (close as possible to the TB, the CSS hose must be closer to the MAF).
Old 04-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #358
Superman09
Account SNAFU

I'm an LS3 with a roto-fab intake. It's very straightforward, and it's not like I have never done anything mechanical. I have been working on cars my whole life and was a mechanic professionally for 3.5 years

Old 05-06-2016, 07:09 AM   #359
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
HOW TO INSTALL A E2 on a WHIPPLE (with pics)
Connect
The Drivers Side PVC Valve Cover Connection to the Center Inlet of the Can. Disconnect the hose connection at the Passenger side Valve Cover and cap the Barb (this connection for me is in the middle of the Passenger Valve Cover with a quick connect attached to a pipe). Run this hose which comes from the existing Whipple Air intake tube to the CSS Barb on the Separator (which replaces the Oil Cap). Run one exit port from the catch can with a inline check valve to the PVC Barb on the LH side of the blower (for me it is the center of the 3 ports and is currently connected with a quick connect fitting from this port to the rear of the Drivers side Valve Cover Port). Check Valve install direction should flow OUT from the E2 ports! Lastly, connect the 2nd exit port from the can with a in-line check valve to a new barb installed into the main intake air tube just in front of the throttle body (close as possible to the TB, the CSS hose must be closer to the MAF). I just used the check valve itself, drilled a hole right at the Throttle Body opening of the Inlet Tube, and pressed it in.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #360
fchafey

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I need some help. I got an Elite Catch can for my 2014 SS. I dont have a U-type looking PCV hose as i have found in multiple pictures wheile data mining for help. The top line by the throttle body goes up over the intake and towards the back of the enginne. The bottom line goes around the left side of the engine as you are looking at it. I dont understand how to install/route the lines. I found a 2013 SS video but my engine is different. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by fchafey; 09-20-2016 at 06:30 PM.
fchafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 12:58 PM   #361
Elite Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by fchafey View Post
I need some help. I got an Elite Catch can for my 2014 SS. I dont have a U-type looking PCV hose as i have found in multiple pictures wheile data mining for help. The top line by the throttle body goes up over the intake and towards the back of the engine. The bottom line goes around the left side of the engine as you are looking at it. I dont understand how to install/route the lines. I found a 2013 SS video but my engine is different. Thanks in advance.

I believe we already spoke today. But what you're describing is a L99 engine Camaro set-up, and not an LS3.
Old 09-24-2016, 04:46 PM   #362
fchafey

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Yes Sir, we did. your product is awesome and very easy to install, especailly when one knows what type engine they have. Thank you again.....
fchafey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 07:25 AM   #363
rlg2014SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS Red Hot
I need to know if there are a different in a boosted car because my SS has a LSA supercharger on it so is there a difference catch can for the supercharger car ?? Sounds stupid but I really don’t know and i want the best one for my set up , thx in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rlg2014SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apex catch can, apex motorsports, catch can, elite engineering catch can, rx catch can