Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #1
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro "Disciple"

Drives: #1 13 HWSE, 95Z, 06 HHR, & 03 Ion
Thumbs up Our Hot Wheels Edition Camaro has arrived!! First delivery!!

Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE

WOOHOO!!!!! Our Hot Wheels Camaro has arrived - it's beautiful!!!! More details & pics to follow, but here's a start!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Full details on Hot Wheels Camaro]

From day one of becoming a Camaro Disciple / Camaro Advisory Board Member, I, like many of you, dreamed of having a bright blue 5th Gen. Don’t get me wrong, the ABM was a great color, but it wasn’t the “killer blue” my husband Chris and I had envisioned. Our thoughts were more of a bright medium blue metallic – something along the lines of our ’95 Medium Quasar Blue Metallic Z28 or some of the other great blues throughout the history of the Camaro. Every time we had a meeting or interacted with the Camaro Team, I let them know many of us wanted that shade of blue – so much so that I probably became the biggest thorn in their sides!

Well, in March 2012 when the Disciples were shown the picture and color chip of the Kinetic Blue Hot Wheels Camaro, I knew our long wait was finally over! In October, the world was introduced this special edition and all I can say is WOW!!!!! (Thank God the news was finally out so I didn’t have to keep that secret any longer – the downside, if you will, of being a Disciple.)

Chris and I placed our order for a 2LT Auto as soon as we were able and began waiting for word of its shipment/delivery to Tom Henry Chevrolet in Bakerstown, PA. On Wednesday, February 6 we saw pictures posted on C5 of a Hot Wheels Camaro being delivered to Tom’s and held our breaths as we awaited word……it was ours!!!! On Saturday, February 9 we drove from Akron to visit the newest addition to our family. There in the corner of the new delivery showroom sat one of the most spectacular vehicles I think I’ve ever seen!!!

When we opened the door, I wasn’t even able to speak – OMG I was in LOVE!!! I welled up with tears and walked around the Car for about 15-minutes without saying a word and running my hands over the interior and exterior in total disbelief that this was actually real…I think my husband and Tom thought I was going to lose it because they asked if I was alright and/or needed to sit!

This Kinetic Blue Hot Wheels Edition is simply extraordinary! As I drove it from the showroom into the bright winter sun, it was shocking to realize how bright this blue really is! Words really just can’t describe it – it’s something you have to see for yourself and fill in your own adjective. (It’s kind of like the Carbon Flash, but sooooooo much better – but of course no offense is meant to anyone having the CFM).

We signed the papers and sadly left it for a little THR personalization before we bring it home. Before leaving though, we just stood there a while longer just taking it all in and really hating to leave. On the way home, we couldn’t stop talking about this spectacular ride and I was overcome with the emotion of our journey and the friendships we’ve made along the way with our involvement within the Camaro community.

So…..for those of you who have wanted a bright blue, it passes my and my husband’s color test, if that means anything to you. I know some have commented about the Hot Wheels package price or that it’s gimmicky/overdone, but I really don’t think it is and think it will be worth the price and hope you’ll be as happy with it as we are. Remember, it’s a limited edition (only being produced until June 2013) and how many people can say they’re able to drive something most of us played with or collected when we were little – or maybe still do as grownups, after all we’re all just kids at heart, right?!?!

Also, for those of you dreaming of your preferred options/colors for your Camaro, keep the ideas coming….wishes do come true eventually! Believe me when I tell you that the Camaro Team IS listening to every thought, idea, suggestion and comment put in front of them.
Attached Images

Our Hot Wheels Special Edition Short Story: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...eels+delivered
MrsLT1PWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
Jonster

Drives: 18 2SS Vert Hotwheels
heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy sexxxyy ladyyyyyyy
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
In before the front page tribute!

CONGRATS! I believe your the first person on the forum. Now more pictures must follow...Had no clue they offered the package on trims other then SS's. Guess I was wrong...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #4
maroman1138

Drives: 2011 SS/RS LS3
Nice! I love it! Congrats.
2011 1SS/RS LS3 - Stage II Ported Heads, Stage II Comp Cam, Ported T.B., Hurst Shifter - 0BX LT Headers - CAT delete, Pype Bomb Axle-Back Exhaust - Muffler delete - 4.5 Resonated tips, Spectre CAI, - 480 RWHP 442 TRQ. Dyno tuned by ARD.
maroman1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
HellHound

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
HellHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Nice
Old 02-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #7
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
CONGRATS!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #8
xkloid
ITZ COOL

Drives: 2012 IBM 2SS/RS
Hot wheels.....
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
metthem

Drives: 2011 LS
That Blue is amazing..... Let's see the rear end. Is that a Hotwheels specific grill?
Trifecta tune, CAI intake, ADM Race Scoop, Doug Thorley Shorties, Solo High Flow Cats, Magnaflow resonated X-pipe, Flowmaster AMT axle back, Gary's custom front bowtie, rear bowtie delete, tinted windows, headlights, and taillights, debadged fenders, gunmetal gills, gunmetal tailgate (CAMARO)
metthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:30 AM   #10
MDV6er

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
I want those hot wheels. Literally
MDV6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
sweeet!
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:35 AM   #12
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Looking awesome and congrats now Please post some more pictures so we can see every angle of it

Last edited by menendez1293; 02-13-2013 at 07:46 AM.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:44 AM   #13
family man

Drives: .
That is one sweet ride!
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #14
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Congrats !
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote