Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-16-2015, 08:55 AM   #3137
cal45

Drives: 2015 Blue Velvet Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs279 View Post
And you appear to have a Blue Camaro and are lurking on the SIM thread.... What gives? Haha
What, I'm not allowed to look at other pics of fellow members Camaros???

I like the Camaro in all colors and actually like the silver with the teal accents on yours....was just wondering why you badged your car as an SS.
cal45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:34 PM   #3138
tjs279

Drives: Camaro RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cal45 View Post
What, I'm not allowed to look at other pics of fellow members Camaros???

I like the Camaro in all colors and actually like the silver with the teal accents on yours....was just wondering why you badged your car as an SS.
I'm just kidding there's an SS bumper on the front so that's why
tjs279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:51 PM   #3139
cal45

Quote:
I'm just kidding there's an SS bumper on the front so that's why
Ahhh...understand but you do know that you committed the 1st cardinal sin on this site - up badging your car as something its not.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #3140
tjs279

Quote:
Ahhh...understand but you do know that you committed the 1st cardinal sin on this site - up badging your car as something its not.
That's Ok it's my car and I wanted a retro look and there isn't much in the RS retro category and since it has an SS bumper that's what I choose. I don't really care if anyone likes it or not or if it's a sin because I'm the one who pays for it and drives it. Either way I get daily compliments regardless if it's an SS or not. I didn't think it made sense to leave RS all over it with an SS bumper to confuse people. It's just decals and retro emblems. Saying I'm making it into something that it's not is like saying if you put a ZL1 spoiler on or bumper you are up staging your car to something it's not and you are a poser. People upstage there cars in many ways. Oh and I have 13 wheels and a 14 SS exhaust on a 2010 also before that gets pointed out also
Old 07-16-2015, 04:36 PM   #3141
cal45

Adding ZL1 body parts to a LT/LS/SS is something folks do all the time but they don't add the ZL1 emblems and put in their profile that they drive a ZL1.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:41 PM   #3142
tjs279

Quote:
Adding ZL1 body parts to a LT/LS/SS is something folks do all the time but they don't add the ZL1 emblems and put in their profile that they drive a ZL1.
If you look in my profile it says RS/SS. Either way as I said before nobody is telling you you have to like it... Perhaps you should spend your time more wisely customizing and upgrading your own car how you like it instead of trolling forums and criticizing other people's cars because I have better things to do with my time than to justify what I do with my own car.
Old 07-16-2015, 06:02 PM   #3143
cal45

Quote:
If you look in my profile it says RS/SS. Either way as I said before nobody is telling you you have to like it... Perhaps you should spend your time more wisely customizing and upgrading your own car how you like it instead of trolling forums and criticizing other people's cars because I have better things to do with my time than to justify what I do with my own car.
Fine - not trolling at all, been here longer than you. As this is a car forum don't be surprised if you are called out as a poser as we all won't agree. I'm fine with what I have and don't have to pretend to be something else. Good Luck with your RS/SS.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:24 PM   #3144
tjs279

Quote:
Fine - not trolling at all, been here longer than you. As this is a car forum don't be surprised if you are called out as a poser as we all won't agree. I'm fine with what I have and don't have to pretend to be something else. Good Luck with your RS/SS.
How long you have been here has nothing to do with this... I never once claimed my car was a V8 SS. When asked about it I told you what my car was and what my reasoning was behind it to try to be nice when frankly I owed you no explanation at all.
This is a car forum for people to show off their cars and take pride in them no matter what trim level or body style and to share a common interest but of course like everything there has to be someone that has nothing better to do than to judge abc criticize someone about something stupid and that's their meaningless opinion. Let me make this clear because this is the last message I'll reply with because I myself have better things to do with my time.
I in no shape or form care what you think about my car or what I do to it. If you don't like my car or my choices I made to do with it then just keep moving along and keep your opinions to yourself because my car is not customized to someone's liking. I don't mind you asking if my car is a v6 or V8 but anything else beyond that I don't need to hear that it's not to you liking or your specs because mine are all that matter for MY car.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:44 PM   #3145
cal45

News Flash - Forums are made for folks opinions. Some you will agree with, some you will not.
I'm done and as I stated before - good luck with your RS/SS.
Old 07-17-2015, 12:42 AM   #3146
yenkostyle

Drives: 2015 1LE
Tjs279 you are presenting your car as something its not...

Your car is not an SS. An SS means it has a V8 no matter what the year....just because it has an ss front means nothing as the ss bumper in no way makes it an SS. You seem to be working very hard to justify why you badged your car as an SS. What a shame! I've seen a lot of nice cars on here and this is the first where I've seen someone try to badge there ride and present it as something it is not. Such a shame!
yenkostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 01:43 AM   #3147
tjs279

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenkostyle View Post
Tjs279 you are presenting your car as something its not...

Your car is not an SS. An SS means it has a V8 no matter what the year....just because it has an ss front means nothing as the ss bumper in no way makes it an SS. You seem to be working very hard to justify why you badged your car as an SS. What a shame! I've seen a lot of nice cars on here and this is the first where I've seen someone try to badge there ride and present it as something it is not. Such a shame!
"Im working very hard to to justify why I badged my car"? He asked and I gave him the answers. I could have just said FU but I tried to give him an explanation as to why when infact I don't have to justify to him or you ANYTHING. As I stated several times I'm not on here for anyone's approval of what I do to MY OWN CAR. I'm not asking or telling anyone to like it.
You've never seen this before? How do you know who badges their cars and who doesn't? If that other waste of my time hadn't seen a picture of my calipers close up he and you included wouldn't have ever known the difference so don't give me shit about what's actually reality and what isn't. And thanks in advance for the information that the V8 engine makes the car an SS but I already knew that and I never said because I added a bumper that my car was a true SS did I ? NO. I never said when asked what engine my car had that it was a V8 SS did I? Not at all.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:26 PM   #3148
yenkostyle

Drives: 2015 1LE
Quote:
"Im working very hard to to justify why I badged my car"? He asked and I gave him the answers. I could have just said FU but I tried to give him an explanation as to why when infact I don't have to justify to him or you ANYTHING. As I stated several times I'm not on here for anyone's approval of what I do to MY OWN CAR. I'm not asking or telling anyone to like it.
You've never seen this before? How do you know who badges their cars and who doesn't? If that other waste of my time hadn't seen a picture of my calipers close up he and you included wouldn't have ever known the difference so don't give me shit about what's actually reality and what isn't. And thanks in advance for the information that the V8 engine makes the car an SS but I already knew that and I never said because I added a bumper that my car was a true SS did I ? NO. I never said when asked what engine my car had that it was a V8 SS did I? Not at all.
Whatever makes you feel better dude.
yenkostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 06:11 PM   #3149
gnturboray

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS LS3 LPE750
Hey RS/SS why also slap V-tec across your ride like the doucher v6 mustang boys do.
gnturboray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:46 PM   #3150
tjs279

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnturboray View Post
Hey RS/SS why also slap V-tec across your ride like the doucher v6 mustang boys do.
Maybe I will. Thanks for the advice but there seems to be enough douche bags right in this thread with nothing better to do than share useless opinions

Tags
silver camaro, silver ice metallic, silver ice metallic camaro, sim camaro