Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #1
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
SCT Wideband data log.

I am trying to datalog my Wideband for Ted. All I can get it to log is volts. Looking at the livelink2 software Under the tools tab in equations/analogs I have analog channel 1 set to (v*2)+10 but I can't get it to convert it to AFR on my graph and my log file.

Little info to help some people. Widebands out put is 0-5 volts. My gauge and most have a range from 10-20AFR 0 volts is 10 AFR and 5 volts is 20 AFR.

Any one know what I am doing wrong? Or what to change to get it work.

Last edited by Slickcas; 09-19-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: iPhone
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Drives: 15STI, 10Expy, 10 2SS/RS M6, 47KB1
You are doing nothing wrong. It just logs the raw voltage. It's a defect in the SCT software. I have communicated many times with the tech's about this and other issues. They know about it, but have yet to fix it. My Autometer Cobalt has a 0-4 volt output and the level and span are adjustable. My equation is (v*2.5)+10. I logged and had a small chart made up for easy reference when I sent the files to Ted. When I struggling with the SCT months ago, nobody had the answers to these questions, even the techs. Sorry about the whiny little b!+<h comment.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Badbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
Crime2
Got Boost?

Drives: 2010 1SS RS
Popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. If is spelllled wrong deal with it.
Crime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #4
JustaCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I finally got mine to work correctly-reads out in AFR.

I have an Innovate LC1 wideband controller-programmed with the default out puts on the analog out that is sent to the SCT device. I select the analog equation for my LC1 from the dropdown in Livelink.

I only got it to work after getting the latest firmware from SCT (version 1.2.137.11) and using Livelink Gen II.
JustaCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #5
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustaCamaro View Post

I have an Innovate LC1 wideband controller-programmed with the default out puts on the analog out that is sent to the SCT device. I select the analog equation for my LC1 from the dropdown in Livelink.

I only got it to work after getting the latest firmware from SCT (version 1.2.137.11) and using Livelink Gen II.
I never got my LC1 working right with the original SCT Livelink. HP tuner worked with the beta versions. I need to take a second look at SCT's genII version.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #6
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Quote:

I have that firmware & Livelink Gen II, tried all the pre-installed equations, tried logging on analog 1 & 2, tried with a different voltage source (feed back from LNC), no good.
GPI SS3 Cam & stuff,N.O. Plate(dedicated fuel tank,progressive,fuel hose upgrade,remote opener,heater,console switches),LNC2000,CTAP,ARH 1 7/8" LTs/gutted cats/X pipe/mufflers,Jet Hot coated LTs,GPI HPT Tune,CAI, Scoop,Rx Catch Can,Gates heater hose relocation, Remote clutch & auto brake res,Metco loop,Momentum Tunnel Brace,TSW Nurb 18",555 & 05,Pfadt trailing arms & toe rods,Autometer WB,Fesler Pillar Pod,LED strips (int),Lloyds floor & trunk mats,LED DRL/front turn & license plate,DRL harness,VLEDs tail lights,Plasticoat Bowties. Ord: Oct 5, 2009 Rec: Nov 19, 2009 13.17@112.6 stock
Old 09-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #7
JustaCamaro

Aren't computers wonderful? Actually they are, but they can frustrate the hell out of you.

I have both of my analog outs from the LC1 going to livelink. I let the one that runs my gauge just log voltage because I don't know the formula. The other uses livelinks LC1 equation that I have modified to correct for ground offsets. So far it has worked every time. (only about 5)

Innovate thinks the problem I had programming their wideband controller is a flaky USB to Serial port adapter. I got another one, but haven't tried it yet.
Old 09-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #8
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Quote:
Aren't computers wonderful? Actually they are, but they can frustrate the hell out of you.

I have both of my analog outs from the LC1 going to livelink. I let the one that runs my gauge just log voltage because I don't know the formula. The other uses livelinks LC1 equation that I have modified to correct for ground offsets. So far it has worked every time. (only about 5)

Innovate thinks the problem I had programming their wideband controller is a flaky USB to Serial port adapter. I got another one, but haven't tried it yet.
No flakey for me. If Livelink Gen II can aquire the voltage, then why can't it convert it to afr? Firewire directly from afr meter to analog input. Makes no sense.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:22 AM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
SCT SUCKS THE BIG DONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never use this crap product again. Not for logging anyway.

Some like it but if you actually need it and it doesn't work (which it rarely does for me) then you better be able to spend time during bankers hours to call them.

The whole platform is shit. In my opinion.

I've spent HOURS on different laptops with different uploads and was only able to get 2 good logs. It sucks. It's like trying to watch satellite TV in a hurricane.

Get the Blue Tooth OBD adapters and log with your phone. MUCH MUCH MUCH better and easier. No cables and no computer. E-Mails your logs directly to your computer. It reports in REAL terms. Not terms you have to convert or figure out. You tell it to log in metric or standard or whatever. Boost is boost and fuel pressure is fuel pressure. I am blown away that it isn't used more.

Last edited by PQ; 09-22-2012 at 01:52 AM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:15 AM   #10
JustaCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
No flakey for me. If Livelink Gen II can aquire the voltage, then why can't it convert it to afr? Firewire directly from afr meter to analog input. Makes no sense.
I don't understand that one either.

I never had any problems logging with LiveLink until I wanted to use one of the analog inputs for AFR.

I use the USB to Serial adapter to program the Innovate wideband controller, not with the SCT.

I don't know how the analog inputs get through the SCT device, is it just a straight hard wire through the device? Or is it modified some how on its way to the computer and LiveLink?
Old 09-23-2012, 01:02 AM   #11
Badbubba
GrINned & JUICEd

Quote:
I don't understand that one either.

I never had any problems logging with LiveLink until I wanted to use one of the analog inputs for AFR.

I use the USB to Serial adapter to program the Innovate wideband controller, not with the SCT.

I don't know how the analog inputs get through the SCT device, is it just a straight hard wire through the device? Or is it modified some how on its way to the computer and LiveLink?
Don't know for sure, but my bet is that the handheld converts the voltage from the afr meter. I would not plug the firewire from the afr meter directly into the laptop.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #12
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbubba View Post
Don't know for sure, but my bet is that the handheld converts the voltage from the afr meter. I would not plug the firewire from the afr meter directly into the laptop.
The SCT device uses a firewire connector/cable on the unit for ease of connection, but all it does is connects the device to the wideband with pigtails on the other end. The signal is a standard analog DC output into the SCT. You can get a 6-conductor firewire(1394) cable and cut the connector off one end and use that. I would only suggest this if you are comfortable with identifying the proper pinout for the signal.
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #13
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
...Get the Blue Tooth OBD adapters and log with your phone. MUCH MUCH MUCH better and easier. No cables and no computer. E-Mails your logs directly to your computer. It reports in REAL terms. Not terms you have to convert or figure out. You tell it to log in metric or standard or whatever. Boost is boost and fuel pressure is fuel pressure. I am blown away that it isn't used more.
Blue Tooth? Are you talking about an SCT Blue Tooth or something else?
I have been using a DashDaq to log. ~$500 for straight OBDC connection. It's a standalone unit that provides connectors for analog inputs, but I havent tried any yet.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
JustaCamaro

I bought a firewaire cable at Radio Crap-sorry shack-and modified it in accordance with this tutorial.http://innovatemotorsports.com/resou...T_tutorial.pdf.

The pinouts into the SCT device were correct.