Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-27-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
A Town

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS LS3
Benefits of trifecta tune?

What is the benefits of the trifecta tune? I've been hearing people say they don't feel nothing different and some people say they car feel slower after the tune. I honestly feel my car is where I want it. I have black ice, ported tb, LM exhaust, and a injen LT intake. And I love it all but I really like the ghost cam. But what is the benefits of the trifecta tune? And no I don't plan on doing any other mods besides Cosmetic
Old 06-27-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
If you like sound and thinking on get headers tune help to erase cells, and beside Ghost Cam open your car from passing the computer speed limit... give you complete control of your car... i did it, don't regret it!
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #3
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
When I had my 2010 and installed the tune my car came alive right there. even got a little better after the first couple runs. I personally think it works better with some mods to the motor. Cai ,headers,intake spacer,throttle body,ect
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
A Town

Really don't want headers. So what else can I benefit out of without using headers
Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #5
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
When I had my 2010 and installed the tune my car came alive right there. even got a little better after the first couple runs. I personally think it works better with some mods to the motor. Cai ,headers,intake spacer,throttle body,ect

So when I hear people saying they didn't feel a difference and it seem like it made their cars worse is a lie?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #6
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
No it isn't. I feel like that.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
No it isn't. I feel like that.

So you feel like it made your car worse?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #8
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
With the install of the vararam and throttlebody the tune just made everything work better.

When I got the Vararam youn could feel the dead spot at 2000 - 2500 more
With the throttle body that fixed the dead spot.
and with the tune the car came alive, it just felt better.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:26 PM   #9
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderbuddy View Post
With the install of the vararam and throttlebody the tune just made everything work better.

When I got the Vararam youn could feel the dead spot at 2000 - 2500 more
With the throttle body that fixed the dead spot.
and with the tune the car came alive, it just felt better.
What came alive about it? Because some people are saying its a waste and others are saying it made their car come alive.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Town View Post
So you feel like it made your car worse?
I don't feel it made the car worse but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't get the tune. When I bought my trifecta, there were no other options so it was them or nothing. I know a lot say it made their car better and more power to them but you also have to remember a lot just want to validate their purchase so they experience a placebo effect. I personally experience no change. It's the same with or without the ecu tune.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #11
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
It went from dull, to exciting to drive. Where it wouldn't even break to tires loose, to right out lighting them up.
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #12
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I don't feel it made the car worse but if I were to do it again, I wouldn't get the tune. When I bought my trifecta, there were no other options so it was them or nothing. I know a lot say it made their car better and more power to them but you also have to remember a lot just want to validate their purchase so they experience a placebo effect. I personally experience no change. It's the same with or without the ecu tune.
I kinda figures that's what it was. Thanks for the input it was very helpful
Old 06-29-2013, 01:33 AM   #13
jbrantner24

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS M6
I found out I could run a tenth faster in the quarter without the trifecta tune just recently. I believe trifecta can make good power. I don't believe they can do it remotely. To me it doesn't seem possible to know if you are making more power by looking at a datalog. Then again I have a few more options for tuning with the LFX. Only reason I am keeping it the way it is for now is the speed limiter as well as the rev limiter I had adjusted slightly. I have noticed my mileage went up but to me my car feels really doggy most of the time.

K&N intake, Resonated X-pipe w/muffler delete, Trifecta Tune, rashes up sport muscle tachs.
jbrantner24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:21 AM   #14
A Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrantner24 View Post
I found out I could run a tenth faster in the quarter without the trifecta tune just recently. I believe trifecta can make good power. I don't believe they can do it remotely. To me it doesn't seem possible to know if you are making more power by looking at a datalog. Then again I have a few more options for tuning with the LFX. Only reason I am keeping it the way it is for now is the speed limiter as well as the rev limiter I had adjusted slightly. I have noticed my mileage went up but to me my car feels really doggy most of the time.
I heard that speed limiter and stuff is for the lfx engine not the LLT and if that's not true. Why am I able to reach top speeds without a problem it seems like