Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #29
NOODLESgoneWILD
IS IT 2009 YET???

Drives: '05 Z51 Black Vette & '06 H2
Send a message via MSN to NOODLESgoneWILD
This has to be the closest Concept to Production I've ever seen on any vehical....EVER!
Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 PM   #30
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOODLESgoneWILD View Post
This has to be the closest Concept to Production I've ever seen on any vehical....EVER!
The only other car that has come close is the Challenger, but then they went and screwed up the interior.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:47 PM   #31
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I think the Production model is the better looking of the two by far.

The only two items I prefer on the concept are the taillights and larger exhaust openings.

Aside from that, the production is the superior.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:11 PM   #32
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolnslo View Post
They don't have the afterburner effect. Watch this video closely right when the Camaro pulls out of the parking lot (brakes on) and into the street (brakes off, taillights on). [timer at 50 seconds or so remaining]
That's during daylight. The taillights aren't on. So you can't tell if the taillights light up around the brake lights (thus giving the afterburner effect) or if the brake lights are lit up at all times (just getting brighter when you hit the brakes).
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #33
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
saturn sky was very close to the concept as well...
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:26 PM   #34
skipj3
Go Gators Baby!!!

Drives: '11 2SS M6
cant wait for the side by side with the SS!

The Department of Redundancy Department
skipj3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:34 PM   #35
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
The only other car that has come close is the Challenger, but then they went and screwed up the interior.
Hear, hear. The Challenger interior is essentially a mildly-dolled up Charger interior - an absolute sacrilege. The new Camaro interior is almost exactly like the concept's but more down to earth, a very just change if I do say so myself!

On the outside, the Camaro has maintained the noteworthy bulges and curves of the concept and any necessary changes that were made were done with great ingenuity and skill truly deserving of our accolade. The mirrors were not feasible on the concept and making the reverse lights like that, according to our friends Scott and Fbodfather was just about unavoidable.

It's not every day a production car is this spot on as compared to the concept, so I extend my greatest kudos to GM and Holden of Australia for their consolidated effort and promise them that they will have a customer out of me.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #36
XMalibu69X
Like a Boss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Differences between Concept and Reality - Jalopnik interview with Jeff Perkins

The most striking feature of the unveil of the new Camaro was how strikingly similar the 2010 Chevy Camaro is to the Camaro Concept. We enlisted the help of GM designer Jeff Perkins, who worked extensively on the new muscle car, to help us with the magnifying glass and determine what those changes were. Hit the jump as Jeff guides us through sort of virtual walk-around, pointing out each of the individual tweaks and changes the designers made to bring the concept to production.

http://jalopnik.com/399142/2010-chev...ept-to-reality
XMalibu69X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 12:10 AM   #37
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
awesome look at all the differences. i particularly like the production bumper line near the fog lights.

one thing I saw them mention was that they didn't keep the hood vent on the other models except the SS because they didn't want any non-functional parts.

does this lead us to assume that the front hood vent IS in fact functional? if that's the case then I know a lot of soon to be SS owners in here that probably won't be trading the front bumper with a V6 owner like they had hoped.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:00 AM   #38
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Makes me wonder why the V8 front bumper looks so different when this one is very close to the concept. All the V8 needed was to have this bumper with the hood scoop and perhaps vents on the bottom sides like the concepts and it would be a perfect match.. I was definitely interested in the V8 but now have to figure out how much it will cost to replace the V8's bumper and if it is even possible with the hood scoop being functional in the V8... I probably won't bother though and simply get used to it.. Hopefully in person it looks great.. I'm still getting an LS3
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:19 AM   #39
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm pretty sure someone said the taillights never changed from concept to production. I want to see it myself to make sure, but that's how I remember it.

and thanks for the post!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 AM   #40
BitchinCamaro

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
That's during daylight. The taillights aren't on. So you can't tell if the taillights light up around the brake lights (thus giving the afterburner effect) or if the brake lights are lit up at all times (just getting brighter when you hit the brakes).
In the chat session they said they aren't the LED afterburners, but they designed the lens so it would give the effect. I'm imagine it be noticeable, but much less dramatic.
BitchinCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:41 AM   #41
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Well that takes care of that.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:22 AM   #42
Design1stCode2nd

Drives: four wheels
Tidbit from Jalopnik post

http://jalopnik.com/399142/2010-chev...ept-to-reality

This is a walk around with Jeff Perkins on the differences between the concept and the production model. It gives some insight as to why some things were done they way they were. Some of this we know already. One thing I didn't know is a mention of Ignition Orange interior:

Quote:
We fought to get it on the fabric seat and on the leather seat. And if you order an inferno orange interior you're going to get the orange inserts and stiching.
Design1stCode2nd is offline   Reply With Quote