Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 05-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
Blacc Mamba
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2010 Camaro
GOT A TICKET!!!

So I was on my way to a funeral driving down the street with my windows down minding my business, listening to my music (volume at 23 of 40) and keep in mind the is an often busy street(nonresidential) and i happen to get to a light where it no other traffic and all of a sudden while im waiting at the light a cop rolls in my blind spot and i happen to spot her she also has her windows down, and i check my music again it's still only on 23 of 40 but you could her the bass because nobody else was around, so im thinking my volume isnt loud. The moment the light changes green the flashes me to pullover so i pullover wondering what she is stopping me for and she says my music was to loud, and because im young and im black she refuses to believe that hte car belongs to me, luckily my mom was following me (car is under her name, she also works at the courthouse) the officer goes to her car to run the information and my mom goes over to talk to her and tries to talk her out of giving me a ticket and the officer says i was argumentative by stating that my volume was at 23 of 40 and both of our windows were down. So she only gives me the ticket beacuse she claims i was arguementative, and i was late for funeral.

Then to top it off she starts asking me about the car model after she gives me ticket, and im thinking you just gave me a ticket for music, don't ask me anything else, have you nothing better to do.

Is it just me or do cops seem to give you tickets whenever you speak to them trying defend yourself, even when the ticket is unreasonable. Sorry i just had to rant
Blacc Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:20 PM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
The volume at 23 in these cars is pretty loud.
Old 05-01-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
Smokey&Bandit

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I thought you got a speeding ticket. Getting a ticket for music is silly, however I rather get a ticket for that than Speeding. Its no big deal, don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. Enjoy your ride & get use to being a target for the leos I know I have just have lol.
Smokey&Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
The volume at 23 in these cars is pretty loud.
Even at 20 I feel like my ears are throbbing..lol

A ticket for loud music? My guess is it was because it was in a residentual area, but still fight it. The likelihood of her proving without audio equipment to determine the amount of decibles you had it at the time of being pulled over is very hard to prove from a Cop I'm guessing..
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
t_long927
Bakersfield Camaro Club

Drives: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Send a message via MSN to t_long927 Send a message via Yahoo to t_long927
Yes, this is True JERK. But it is the Cops word versus a civilian's word. Have you been to traffic court before? LOL 90% of the people there say they are innocent. LOL But anyway I would fight it too.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:04 PM   #6
The Jerk
Here but not really here.

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to The Jerk Send a message via MSN to The Jerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by t_long927 View Post
Yes, this is True JERK. But it is the Cops word versus a civilian's word. Have you been to traffic court before? LOL 90% of the people there say they are innocent. LOL But anyway I would fight it too.
I'm such a good Jerk I have never gotten to the point of Traffic court...
Old 05-01-2010, 10:50 PM   #7
t_long927
Bakersfield Camaro Club

Drives: 1984 Camaro Berlinetta
Send a message via MSN to t_long927 Send a message via Yahoo to t_long927
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jerk View Post
I'm such a good Jerk I have never gotten to the point of Traffic court...

I too have my own opinion for traffic court... I will keep it to myself... Do not want to offend anyone with my sailor mouth... hehehe
Old 05-01-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
Jay2SS109
Redemption

Drives: .

Last edited by Jay2SS109; 06-25-2010 at 10:41 AM.
Jay2SS109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #9
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
ahh some cops will pull you over for anything!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:53 AM   #10
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Thats silly, it should have been a warning or something..
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #11
urr2slo

Drives: 2010 2ss ss/rs abm, 2016 2ss/rs hbm
the cops are writing tickets for everything, i've gotten 4 fix it tickets, only 1 in the camaro, and 1 of the cops actually told me, the county's and the state are broke, need to write everything. they need the revenue.
my mom got stopped driving my escalade at 1:30am, for no reason, when the cop saw who was driving, she's 83, he asked what are you doing out this late, she said going home from babysitting, just told heard to drive careful. lowered escalade on 24's, tinted, hi profile, yes i'm getting profiled for driving a flashy car. i would have gotten another fix it ticket.
for the last 6 monthes i drive with the front windows down and parking lamps on, tinted windows and lamps, never got a fix it in 10 years till the state went broke.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:10 AM   #12
Globemaster

Drives: 2010 2SS Bumble Bee
[QUOTE=Blacc Mamba;1795062]The moment the light changes green the flashes me to pullover so i pullover wondering what she is stopping me for and she says my music was to loud, and because im young and im black she refuses to believe that hte car belongs to me, luckily my mom was following me (car is under her name, she also works at the courthouse)

[QUOTE]

What brings you to this conclusion? Just a Question?

Last edited by Globemaster; 05-04-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Globemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #13
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
[QUOTE=Globemaster;1800148][QUOTE=Blacc Mamba;1795062]The moment the light changes green the flashes me to pullover so i pullover wondering what she is stopping me for and she says my music was to loud, and because im young and im black she refuses to believe that hte car belongs to me, luckily my mom was following me (car is under her name, she also works at the courthouse)

Quote:

What brings you to this conclusion? Just a Question?
Probably cause the car looked new and expensive. Most people are surprised when I tell them my car cost about $35,000 all in. Some guy tried to tell a friend of mine that the new Camaro costs $250,000.

Knock on wood, LA LEOs have not even given me a second look and my car is not quiet by any means.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #14
LolatheSlush
I race in heels

Drives: V8 ss black
i'm sure you didn't get pulled over bc you're young and black. i hate when people pull the race card. i don't ever say.. oh man the cop gave me a speeding ticket bc i'm a young women who's mexican... no, i got the ticket because i was speeding.

Fact of the matter is you probably got the ticket bc the music WAS in fact too loud. i've been at an intersection with my windows UP and i can hear the other cars music perfectly over my music and people just don't notice how loud it really is. Some towns have laws against noise and bass. i would just suck it up and pay the fine. it coulda been a LOT worse.
LolatheSlush is offline   Reply With Quote