Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-16-2009, 03:40 PM   #15
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I have used armor all on one car, and it was the only car where I had the dash crack. Usually since then all i use is a damp cloth and wipe the dust off every now and then. I haven't had any problems at all doing that. and no cracks either.
Dash materials that GM uses now are not the same as they were 5 or 10 years ago, they are a much better quality plastic.
On the leather seats in my sky I use Mequires leather seat cleaner and conditioner. I use it every two weeks during the summer months, and so far ithe seats have remained soft. and this is a convertible with the top down most of the time in the summer.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:22 PM   #16
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Best place to ask about auto detailing products is a site dedicated to auto detailing.
I use http://www.autopia.org/forum/index.php for information on what products are good and bad

Do a little research and see what you come up with.

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 07:54 AM   #17
CarCareDepot

Drives: 09 Vette
On my GTO, TBSS, 2500HD I have used Meguiar's Quik Interior Detail Spray. It's a great dusting spray that makes it just look clean, and not shiny or greasy. I just was never a fan of feeling like I had to take a shower after sitting in a car that had its entire interior treated with a coat of armor all.

I use a zymol leather cleaner and conditioner on my GTO's seats, leather trim, & steering wheel. In fact I do the steering wheels in all my vehicles with the same combo. The cleaner takes an ungodly amount of dirt and oil off - and the conditioner gives it a soft rejuvenation. The important thing is that the conditioner works well! No greasy residue. It should be dry to the touch after application. I'm also particular about leather conditioners that build up in the holes of perforated leather.
CarCareDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #18
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
Nothing at all, and don't let anyone tell you different. People develop psychopathic loyalties to "their" products and to them, all other products are shit.

They're pretty much ALL THE SAME. Just make sure you use the product specific to your task. Use dash/trim cleaner on the dash/trim. Leather cleaner on leather. Glass cleaner on glass, etc. Most car-care products come with kits that have all the different task-cleaners in them.
There was an article that came out a while back about what it does to your interior, and most "cheaper" products do... but that was years ago, I'm sure they have changed their formula since.

Personally I prefer Mequiar's for my interior/Tire & Wheel
Old 03-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Armor all good but those glass wipes in that pack suck. They left fibers on the windows.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
I've always used Armor All on plastics and rubber with no problems. Been thinking of trying something more upscale and see if I like it better.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 06:16 PM   #21
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
I used Armor All on my new S10 back in 96. It stained the glovebox. Luckily it got replaced under warranty. I haven't used it since.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote