Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-13-2010, 01:02 PM   #1
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Grand Turismo 5 Facepalm Edition

Hope you didn't have your hearts set on picking it up Nov 2nd.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/10/13/s...d-again-again/

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #2
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Fail.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:38 PM   #3
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
All of you will still buy it! That's how good it is. I know I will. I'd rather have it be delayed and delayed and have it come out perfect than have it come out early and be Forza 3!

Old 10-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #4
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
All of you will still buy it! That's how good it is. I know I will. I'd rather have it be delayed and delayed and have it come out perfect than have it come out early and be Forza 3!

I don't think it's going to be perfect... I haven't seen anything about drag racing. I really like the format Forza uses for mod'ing and tuning the cars; I don't think it's going to be as good. I'm liking a lot of many of the other features I'm seeing, but I could give a poop about Kart racing.

My hopes have completely deminished. The only good thing that will come of this delay is I'll have more time to spend on CODBO.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I don't know if i'll still get it. I'm pretty happy with Forza 3. I might eventually pick it up but I just don't seem to care any more. After GT3 I was pretty much over GT. I never even got 4. We'll see I guess.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
How long has this game been in development? Most games I've heard of with abnormally long 'gestation' periods come out horrible. Example: Too Human, Alan Wake
Old 10-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Old 10-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #8
Brokinarrow

Quote:
perfect
Old 10-13-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
How long has this game been in development? Most games I've heard of with abnormally long 'gestation' periods come out horrible. Example: Too Human, Alan Wake
What - like almost TEN YEARS?!!! Unbelievable. Typically - I'm one of those who ask if one would rather have a half-a$$ed game now or a completed game later? This is just getting rediculous...

Quote:
This...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 10-13-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Quote:
THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
What - like almost TEN YEARS?!!! Unbelievable. Typically - I'm one of those who ask if one would rather have a half-a$$ed game now or a completed game later? This is just getting rediculous...
Too Human was literally in development for 10 years. Originally was planned as a 4 disc game for PlayStation in 1999, FINALLY got released as an xbox 360 game in 2008. Thing is, from the graphics and gameplay mechanics... it MIGHT have been impressive as an originall xbox game. As a 360 game it was awful.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Too Human was literally in development for 10 years. Originally was planned as a 4 disc game for PlayStation in 1999, FINALLY got released as an xbox 360 game in 2008. Thing is, from the graphics and gameplay mechanics... it MIGHT have been impressive as an originall xbox game. As a 360 game it was awful.
Hmm... I'm not too worried about that. From what we've been shown, it looks KILLER. I'm just worried it's going to be missing some things that I really like from FM3. I have confidence gameplay and physics are going to be there... I hope... Who knows now?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 10-13-2010, 04:11 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I have to buy a PS3 first, so I have more time now.
Old 10-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #14
radz28
Petro-sexual

I hear from GTPlanet that Sony should announce the new release date by the end of this month. There's also speculation they want to tune it more to spur sales of 3D accessories and TVs...

Go over to GTPlanet for more details

A couple posts I grabbed:

GTPlanet Post

Fans are still feeling the sting from Gran Turismo 5’s postponed November release date, but hopefully we won’t have to wait too much longer to find out the game’s new date according to this tweet by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe:

Yes, the GT5 European has also been delayed, we are sorry to say. We expect to confirm a new release date before the end of the month.

Of course, considering the “holiday season” was mentioned as a release target in their original announcement, this shouldn’t come as much of a surprise but hopefully will help calm the fears of concerned fans.

GTPlanet Post 2

Eurogamer has some interesting comments from financial and industry analysts on what the delay means for Sony and the PlayStation brand this fall during the critical Christmas sales season.

Capital Research’s Jesse Divnich: ”I don’t believe a GT5 delay impacts Sony’s current momentum. GT5 is such an anticipated title that delays are unlikely to impact consumer’s purchase intent. Whether released a week later or the last week of December, sales will be astronomical.”

Wedbush Securities’ Michael Pachter: “Without knowing the date, it’s impossible to say,” he said. “If it’s a week, no impact. If after Need for Speed, they could lose some momentum.”

M2 Research’s Billy Pidgeon: ”Another delay on Gran Turismo is disappointing, especially to the most enthusiastic fans of the franchise. Still, there have been so many delays that another one is not surprising. Obviously, there’s not much time left in the holiday season so Yamauchi and Polyphony have got to go gold within two months.

I wouldn’t revise PS3 uptake estimates on this news as it is still possible GT5 is released in Q4 2010 or Q1 2011 and is likely to spur new and upgrade console sales. Sony has set the visuals bar pretty high with Gran Turismo,” he offered, “so it is crucial that the graphics (as seen on HDTV and in stereoscopic 3D with camera-based head tracking) impress the critics and the fans. Gran Turismo 5’s timely release is perhaps even more crucial to Sony’s 3D TV division than it is to PS3. In-store demos of GT5 may be the best case Sony can make to consumers for 3D TV.”

Sounds a little like the delays are more to sell Sony products... I hope that's not totally the case, per se. I want the best product possible, but you gotta' draw the line somewhere...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"