Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-03-2008, 01:05 AM   #71
06TBSS

Drives: '06 TrailblazerSS / '05 Evo RS
DMS:

Do you know or know anyone that can verifiy if the production cars rear quarter panels wheel arch sheetmetal is pre-rolled for us? Having to roll fenders warps panels and is a p.i.t.a. FYI - All Mercedes Benzes are rolled and that allows max rubber in the wells. I would hope GM would consider this for the first time ever lol. They finally stepped up and are offering Zenon lighting on a sub 40k vehicle id hope the wheelwells are rolled for suspension/drag enthusiasts.
'06 TBSS-Vector tune/CAI, '05 Evo RS,....300whp AWD, 3150 lbs, Defi H.U.D, Past GM's: '85 442 Cutlass, '89 IROC-Z L98 EFI trapped 107mph, '92 1LE Z28(stock), '00 Silverado 3/5 drop Budnik 20'sI <3 my HUD
06TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 09:32 AM   #72
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TBSS View Post
DMS:

Do you know or know anyone that can verifiy if the production cars rear quarter panels wheel arch sheetmetal is pre-rolled for us? Having to roll fenders warps panels and is a p.i.t.a. FYI - All Mercedes Benzes are rolled and that allows max rubber in the wells. I would hope GM would consider this for the first time ever lol. They finally stepped up and are offering Zenon lighting on a sub 40k vehicle id hope the wheelwells are rolled for suspension/drag enthusiasts.
I will see what we can find out

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:59 PM   #73
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
The vehicles that I have seen are all prototype or pre-production and not really production so I can't say either way for sure. My guess using a broken crystal ball would be no.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #74
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TBSS View Post
DMS:

This is one of those things that we could not determine. We need to be selective on our favors with GM. So this issue is not that critical to cash in one of the favors. Sorry

mike
dms
Old 08-12-2008, 09:34 PM   #75
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I want my camaro to do 190+ and be extermely stable. I plan to move to germany and drive super fast on the autobahn. I don't want to look up in my rear view mirror and see some benz or BMW flashing it's lights at me to get out of the way. I want to be the other way around. is this possible? lol. as long as the camaro has the power/gearing. . .
If you are that serious about your ride, then a Pedders Extreme Track system will be your only option for the suspension. We are the only ones so far, and am not sure if anyone else is doing G8 bushings. Not yet anyways.

To get to 190, you qill hve to do a lot of work to the motor and power train.
but our Extreme track suspension will get you there, in terms of the suspension.

Mike
dms
Old 10-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #76
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfamous209 View Post
sorry for bringing this back from the dead.

but have u drivin a cobalt ss supercharged? i have both a 4th gen z28 and stock cobalt ss supercharged. my 4th gen Z28 has modified suspension and handles quiet well. but i can tell you this i can garauntee that my cobalt feels more stable, around every turn then my camaro. I can almost promise you that my cobalt will out handle my camaro and its FWD. Cobalt is a great handling car recording over .9G's in factory form. dont diss the cobalt unless youve drivin one. oh also braking is by far better as well. oh yeah steering on my cobalt is presise, i had to modify the camaro in order to get a good feel of the car. i would be scared changing lanes in my camaro with stock suspension as it felt like it would float away. cobalt has never done that.
I'll return the favor. I just happened to own an HHR SS with a Stage II GM Turbo Kit installed. OEM is was good. With our Pedders xa coilovers installed it was off the charts good.

Compare the performance to this video that shows the OEM Camaro and a Pedderised Camaro.

The HHR SS / Cobalt SS are terrific cars. The Cobalt makes a terrific race car because it has a robust monocoque and is light. The Camaro has an even more robust monocoque, but is not as light. Most drivers are faster around a road course in FWD than RWD. Most racers would prefer to run RWD.

Watch the videos, as different as they are, and make your own choice about all three vehicles.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote