Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #43
chapinville

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewantone View Post
Hey chapinville when and where did you order from. I'm in river ridge and thinking about ordering. Theres only 2 dealers around here that say they will take and order. They both want $1000 down non-refundable. Also did you have to $2000 down.
I'm on order with Best on Vets. They asked for $2-3k, so I offered $2k. They might have taken less, but it didnt matter to me. It all comes out in the end. They said they had been burned a couple of times in the past and didnt want to take a credit card. A customer ordered a truck, backed out and got a refund on the credit card so they were stuck trying to sell it.
They still had a early-order left and it was one of the last days to do the early-order so I wanted to get it moving. I orderd mine on the Saturday of the New Orleans auto show. Showed up at the show at 10am... spent 30 minutes looking at the car... drove straight to the dealer.
chapinville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:43 PM   #44
mewantone

Drives: 07 acura tl types 97 ford 250
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapinville View Post
I'm on order with Best on Vets. They asked for $2-3k, so I offered $2k. They might have taken less, but it didnt matter to me. It all comes out in the end. They said they had been burned a couple of times in the past and didnt want to take a credit card. A customer ordered a truck, backed out and got a refund on the credit card so they were stuck trying to sell it.
They still had a early-order left and it was one of the last days to do the early-order so I wanted to get it moving. I ordered mine on the Saturday of the New Orleans auto show. Showed up at the show at 10am... spent 30 minutes looking at the car... drove straight to the dealer.
Thanks for the reply. Best told me last Friday they wouldn't even take a order.
Lesson said they would but i wont see it till next year. Banner was the only other one around that would take a order. They said sep or oct?
mewantone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 PM   #45
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69 rs/ss View Post
A dealer in my area want 1,000 down to order my new ss. Is that fair? What are others asking?
Not bad... Mine was 2500, to be taken off the final price at the end.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote