Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #239
KnoxCamaro5

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro
An open letter to Mr. Richard Hammond:

Dear Mr. Hammond.

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your enthusiasm for the American muscle car. I share your appreciation of the sound and power American muscle cars provide, along with their ability to be highly modified. Indeed, having the ability to modify high-performance vehicles is why I am a proud owner of a beautiful 2010 Camaro SS.

Secondly, I would like to extend an invitation to you and your colleagues to join the East Tennessee Gen5 Camaro Club. There is nothing like driving through the mountains of the deep south – the backdrop of American Civil War and the movie “Deliverance”. Rest assured, current members of the club would enjoy spending time with you. Not only would you be surprised by the graciousness of your fellow club members – none of whom are murderers (as far as I know), but you would gain a new perspective a culture that was tarnished by the unfortunate rock-throwing incident in Alabama. Moreover, your presense in Tennessee would make for GREAT television.

Unfortunately, there will be a $25.00US charge for club t-shirts if you are unable to pick them up in person.

In all seriousness, this correspondence is genuinely intended to express gratitude.

Respectfully,

KnoxCamaro5
Knoxville, Tennessee
Old 07-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #240
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
I'm talking about the transmissions, not the powertrains.
So you're saying that because the V with an A6 is just as fast or faster than the M6 V, the Camaro should obviously be the same? Come on man. There are 2 reasons that that's just not a good a comparison.

First, the automatic tranny in the Camaro not the same as the one in the V.

Second, the automatic Camaro has less horsepower than it's manual tranny brother. That's not the case when comparing the auto and M6 CTS-V. The V has the same HP rating no matter which tranny you choose.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #241
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
another well constructed, witty reply from mikeSS. How many more can he pull out of his a--

These guys are comedians, not journalist...
lol. You're wrong.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:22 PM   #242
TonyNo

Drives: 2016 2SS, SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
exactly what i thought, that curly haired jackass hates American cars
Heh! He just imported a Ford GT not too long ago.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #243
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
He bought one back in 06, sold it and bought another one a year later actually!
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #244
King T

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2011 Buick Regal Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNo View Post
Yeah and then turned around and sold it because he had problems with it.
Quote:
Clarkson wanted to purchase the Ford GT after admiring its inspiration, the Ford GT40 race cars of the 1960s. Clarkson was only able to secure a place on the shortlist for the few cars that would be imported to Britain to official customers, through knowing Ford's head of PR through a previous job. After waiting years and facing an increased price, he found many technical problems with the car. After "the most miserable month's motoring possible," he returned it to Ford for a full refund. After a short period, including asking Top Gear fans for advice over the Internet, he bought back his GT. He called it "the most unreliable car ever made", owing to never being able to complete a return journey with it. In 2006 Clarkson ordered a Gallardo Spyder and sold the Ford GT to make way for it. In August 2008 he reportedly sold the Gallardo. In October, he also announced he sold his Volvo XC90. But in January 2009, in a review of the car printed in The Times, he said, "I’ve just bought my third Volvo XC90 in a row and the simple fact is this: it takes six children to school in the morning."
Old 07-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #245
Epitaph
Custom User Title

Drives: Fast
I'm gonna laugh when it's his head in someone's Camaro.
Epitaph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #246
chevymuscle311

Drives: 2SS/RS- IOM w/ CG Rallies
It still ran a faster lap than a GT500 LOL
chevymuscle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #247
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
I'm just glad that Hammond was driving and not Captain Slow (May) or Clarkson. If either of the others were driving all we'd hear about is how much plastic is on the interior and the fit and finish of the overall car. While I stated earlier the AMG is a more refined car the Camaro is not built for the same purpose as the AMG. The independent rear suspension is a good start but it's still built for 1/4 mile and stop light drags. The AMG takes a fantastic platform and steps it up a few pegs. The Camaro was not built to compete on this level and I'm glad it did as well as it did. The Mustang and Challenger are the direct competition for the Camaro, just like it was in the beginning. It really is not a global car. It's parts might be from all over but it's build for the hometown crowd. I'm not knocking the Camaro at all but I do see the pros and cons. The heritage and emotion for the Camaro is undeniable. It is a car known and loved around the world. I know I own one and I'm getting another for my wife so I'm a fan. But on a world scale it's just not that impressive, it's a car you buy on emotion. It's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

Last edited by 69copo; 07-12-2010 at 07:36 PM.
69copo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #248
SATXLS3

Drives: 2012 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 Crew
The brits can bash us and our cars all they want..............we just smile!(so they can see what good teeth look like!)
SATXLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 PM   #249
zora2mac8
Deano

Drives: Cyber Gray Metallic SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
wtf are you talking about. seriously.

yes.. u are correct with showing this video.. and they are not against all american cars.. but recently when they did review the zr-1 against the r8 v10.. he does rip on it alot.. but again at the end he leveled it out by saying.. "u would have to be mad to buy one of these corvettes,... and thats why u should.. " i lvoe this show and have since back in the day .. but they do screw up on somethings.. like they arent' consistant is the word im lookin for.. when they were tlaking about the 4.6 in the stangs.. he would say .. this engine is garbage.. then come back and say .. this is one of the "best engines ever built" .. its al in the script.. and its all for entertainment purposes.. so its hard to judge.. them.. but at the end of the day it is a TV show..

HTML Code:
http://ny5thgen.com/ZORAMAC8%20Z.htm
zora2mac8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #250
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Camaro against an AMG? You f*ing kidding me? That's a ridiculous comparison.
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #251
CUPRA

Drives: '21 Bronco OBX/'18 Jeep GC Altitude
At the end of the day, this was essentially a review of the E63 AMG. Period. And then they chose a car to go up against it for fun. That is the only way to explain the lack of any real 'information' about the Camaro. Nothing about the interior at all. Nothing about the 0-60 times for the Camaro.

All that information was left for the Mercedes, you got to see the interior, you got the 0-60 time etc.

I won't ever be able to afford an E63 AMG, not that I want one, so I am more than happy to be behind the wheel of the car that is half the car that an E63 AMG is!
Built: 11/18/22
VIN received: 11/19/22
On a Train: 02/27/23
ETA: TBD

2023 Camaro 2SS Convertible/M6/Shadow Grey Metallic/Adrenaline Red Interior/Carbon Flash Wheels/NPP
CUPRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:31 PM   #252
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciandrew View Post
Camaro against an AMG? You f*ing kidding me? That's a ridiculous comparison.
I know, it's like putting a GT500 against something like, say, a Corvette Z06!

Congrats to the 2010 Camaro with its IRS for kicking a three model-year old, solid axle GT500's but around the TG circuit by 3 hundredths of a second with 75 less horsepower at the crank!
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote