Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #281
fast34me

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
Anyone had any experience with GM regarding a buyback? I got the arbitrator's decision today. What should I expect?
fast34me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #282
rdaggett

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fast34me View Post
Anyone had any experience with GM regarding a buyback? I got the arbitrator's decision today. What should I expect?
What did the Arbitrator have to say?

He said he liked my car and let me off with a warning. Next Day I got a ticket ....
rdaggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #283
rdaggett

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBC View Post
Long story short, I was offered BY my dealer GM shop, to replace my Tie Rod under warranty. Shocker amazing. I placed a small mark on the inner tie rod. After the work was done, i checked under the car the marks were still there. They must've some how tightened up the feel of the steering and still did not replace the tie rod, but the alignment is still not within Specs, and the steering still leans and the ride is still rough and wobbly over bumps. So should I turn this into an ugly situation now? the guy lied and said it was it met specs, and said the tie rod was replaced.
Go in there in a busy day and ask to talk to the GM and when talking about the issue say it loud enough to have the potential customers to hear it and how they have treated you. Screw messing around with the Service Department or their management ... Take it to the person that will do something about it and have the customers overhear it ...

He said he liked my car and let me off with a warning. Next Day I got a ticket ....
rdaggett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #284
fast34me

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdaggett View Post
What did the Arbitrator have to say?
Pretty much affirmed every one of my arguments. Kept the car too long, 43 days out of service, loss of resale value due to numerous repairs, ongoing safety concerns, etc. meets lemon law requirments.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:47 AM   #285
Seudo

Drives: 2012 RS 45th. Anniversary Edition
This is so my issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomfuzzie View Post
OK .. Here's to hoping this gets resolved soon. I bought my 2012 Camaro in January of this year. She went in this past weekend for her first 7500 mile service. I mentioned that she was giving me a bit of a "shiver", "shudder" sometimes at a red light, but it wasn't consistent. I was told .. "she's got to have personality" .. Monday, I notice that between 1500 - 1900 RPM's EVERY gear she "shudders" ALOT. but being the good analyst I am, I start keeping a mental note of what I'm doing, what the car's doing, is it in automatic only or when using the manual flippers, etc before all this fun stuff starts happening. The "shudder" starts getting progressively worse. Now it's Tuesday, I've got the RPM range down, I've got what she's doing down .. now for the final test .. lets get on the interstate!! WELL WELL WELL .. If I had any loose teeth they are now gone I can assure you of that. She shook, shuddered, shimmied through the 1500-1900RPM range during the complete time frame of my 'ATTEMPTING' to get to 70 MPH!! during the hour long ride I've been trying to call the dealership. I keep getting disconnected, so I use my onstar to call maybe it's my cell having issues, same thing. At this point, I know the service dept is closed, but i'm going there anyway. Luckily Mr "she's got a personality" is still there!! I tell him what's going on, he says bring her in we'll find out what it is. I put her in the shop Wednesday, then I'm told we can put you in a car however you have to put up a deposit .. uuuuuuuuuuh ..no I don't, I haven't budgeted for a deposit on a car that I wasn't supposed to be having to drive. I was planning on having the ability to drive "MY CAR". So, I'm told well ok, maybe we can "squeeze" it in as we will be driving you home. You guessed it, NOPE she didn't get squeezed in until today!! And I'm told, well it's the torque convertor. We've ordered the part, however its not going to be here until next week if we're lucky. so plan on being in a rental. OK, but I"m NOT paying a deposit for a rental - once again, I have my own car that I am paying for!! I don't want to be paying for a rental. So they send dude to come get me, and take me to the rental place. Now, not to seem ungrateful or anything but what part of I drive a Camaro says put me in a 4 door chevy cruze??? So, now to add insult to injury, i'm told that my part has gone from "ordered" to "back-order" .. back what you say?? needless to say, at this point I've VERY UNHAPPY!! and having flashbacks to the last GM product I purchased that was in the shop and had engineers being sent down because it couldn't keep rear ends under itself!!! it took me 12 years to build confidence back to buy another brand new GM product and I'm being faced with THIS!!! NOT HAPPY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM!!!
phantomfuzzie what is the ending to your story? Did they ever fix it and is your Camaro all better now? I have a 2012 45th Anniversary edition that I also bought in Jan. 2012 with 6700 miles on it and about 2 weeks ago it started doing the same exact crap as yours. Between 1800 and 2200 rpm under a driving load the transmission starts to vibrate. It started out as a small vibration but in the last week it has gotten worse and I took it to the dealer. They gave me a loaner car while they figured out what was wrong. Once they figured it out I was also told it was the torque converter and that it would take 2 weeks to arrive (come on 2 weeks??). So then the dealer told me I had to bring back the loaner and drive my Camaro until the parts arrived. In my case they said that GM would not approve a loaner until the parts arrived and that I needed to bring the loaner back. So I called the so called customer service number and told them my concerns that the car is not safe and that driving it will only make it worse and I was told pretty much tuff crap keep driving it "Final Answer". So as I figured in the last couple of days of driving it the issues just keeps getting worse. I am guessing by the time the parts arrive I will have destroyed the transmission but GM don't give a crap they are saving $300 in loaner fees. I have been a long time GM owner and I am so disapointed with the way GM has handled this I am starting to second guess if I will purchase another GM car or even recommend one. In the past GM worried about the customer and the satisfaction of the customer and now it just seems about the bottom dollar. What is worse is I own 2 Camaro's and just this week the other one started with the squeaking of the breaks that everyone has been complaining about. I am thinking that is was not wise to have purchased 2 of these. :-(
Seudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #286
Seudo

Drives: 2012 RS 45th. Anniversary Edition
So the dealer called last week and said the part was in (one day after I turned in the loaner) I had to take another day off of work to deal with this again. I dropped it off to day to get the torque converter changed out. Hope this fixes my issue. I am still not happy with the way GM handled this repair. I'm out 2 extra days of work all because GM didn't want to spend another $38 on a loaner. I see what I am valued as a customer now.
Seudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #287
cmore

Drives: 2011 Victory Red Auto 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seudo View Post
So the dealer called last week and said the part was in (one day after I turned in the loaner) I had to take another day off of work to deal with this again. I dropped it off to day to get the torque converter changed out. Hope this fixes my issue. I am still not happy with the way GM handled this repair. I'm out 2 extra days of work all because GM didn't want to spend another $38 on a loaner. I see what I am valued as a customer now.

Its a shame that the dealer would not pick up and drop off. But then not sure I would want any one driving my car.
cmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #288
fast34me

That's the difference between men and boys, between a make it happen.... and yada yada yada....
Old 09-11-2012, 10:51 PM   #289
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
I have a case number with GM prompted by a BBB filing. The dealer has had my car for 34 days to repair a leak caused by the install of a new top. The install took 4 days. While with the dealer I discovered that my car was being stored outside and that for at least three weeks the car took on water soaking the carpet and now smells of mold. The car has been serviced 4 times for the top. Then a new top install and now the leak.

GM says there is no deprecated value... my question. The dealership says the car will be ready this week. Should I pickup the car if my case is not resolved?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #290
dickSS
richard

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
have Q need an A please have ls3 did a three bolt cam swap and after 6000 miles the cel came on. had it checked it was cam position sensor. pulled the sensor out had groove in it from the cam gear. took everything apart all was tight. put back together and put in new sensor with shim no change but groove is smaller. should i just shim more. has any one seen this except for me and texas speed. they say some do it but some dont but no explanation on the reason.
Inferno orange ex IO int/KN cai/magnoflow X pipe catbak/arh lt headers highflow cats/hurst shifter/heritage grill carbonfiber chin spliter/IO engine cover/skip shift el / 50/50 halos and fog halos / oracle side marker lights,230/244 cam .675 dual springs. prc cnc heads stainless valves cbd 5 rear carbon fiber spoiler/ vmax tb
dickSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #291
tow

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange LS Camaro
Call GM

Look in your owners manual under "Customer Satisfaction Procedure"
there is an 800 number for the Chevrolet Customer Service Center you can call direct and tell GM customer service of the problem. Sounds like the dealer does not believe in customer service. I have contacted GM in the past after the dealer failed to resolve an issue and Chevrolet was able to resolve to my satisfaction.
tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #292
electricblue2ss

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS - electric blue
I need your help and am glad to see all you experts on here. I will try and make this as simple as possible:

Have a 2010 Camaro 2SS, automatic; it was bought with only 10K miles on it. It currently has 41K miles on it, so it has been driven 15K miles a year since buying it. During the 1st 36K miles it behaved fairly well. No major issues, except found that the brakes already had to be replaced @ approx. 30K miles. This included the rotors.

Then, the problems started, shortly after the bumper-to-bumper warranty expired.

Problem # 1: The car was shaking at 30 miles +an hour. If you drove it any faster, it almost became impossible to steer, and it was more apparent as the RPM's increased to 2,000. We took it to the local dealership who had been servicing the car, and they had it for a couple of days before calling us and saying they were suspecting the rear tires. Now, those tires were close to the need of getting replaced, but nowhere bald, and nowhere uneven. It didn't make complete sense, but I went along with it. As I went to get the car, they came back out and said: "We took the car for a test drive with the new tires and it is still shaking." Great!?! I went back home, and the next day I called back. The service contact person said to me that the technician had not taken the actual car apart when diagnosing it; he went on a hunch. They then quoted me another 3 days to do an actual diagnosis and wanted me to pay for it. Wait a minute - they didn't even know if it was a power train warranty covered item, and yet they were ready to start charging me. After two more days they told me they did not have the problem figured out yet, and I grew concerned because we needed the car for transportation. So, I called my insurance company and figured they employed automotive experts. Sure enough, they helped me by bridging me to one of their independent contractors who took me through the entire process of how to move forward. He suggested I have the car towed to another dealership, and start over. I figured it to be a good idea because clearly the other dealership was not with the program. It was towed north of the city, and the expert from our insurance company actually drove up there and inspected the vehicle with the technician. They found the culprit to be the "knuckle" - it was defective and needed to be replaced. It was not a tire issue, whatsoever. Once replaced, the car drove perfectly.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago -

Problem # 2: The stability track light came on; however, the car seemingly was driving fine. After a few days, more lights came on, including the engine light. I took it back to the dealership that fixed the car for Problem # 1. They called me and told me that the battery needed to be replaced. That seemed a little soon, but I was told that with a bad battery, the lights would often come on even if there were no issues. By putting a battery in to test if other lights came on, they would be able to see if there were other problems. They charged me $ 327 for a new one, including labor. Seemed steep to me. But we know how this goes, right? They have your car, they know you have to work and can't drive around for all these quotes, etc. And, potentially, there were other issues as well. I gave the go-ahead. After the battery had been replaced, another light came on and it I get another call telling me that the speed sensor was defective and that was causing the original stabili-track light to come on. Okay, by the time they were done with all the work, the total charge for the two items was $ 642. This just seems insane to me.

Problem # 3: Yesterday, the engine light came on AGAIN!!! The car wont idle now. It is sputtering and barely seems to hang on when idling. We have been at an intersection and it has died; starting it back up is not a problem, but it is dangerous and not reasonable to already have a problem again. I called the technician back and I brought up the fact that this car was not on a good path. I voiced my concerns and asked him if he didn't think this was a bad sign....he said: "I don't really remember the issues it has had before; I just remember you and the car itself." Oh, really? Because 3 weeks ago when you were wanting to earn our business again, you remembered everything about the "knuckle" issue. All he offered this time was: "I can't help you if you don't bring the car in..." Right, and I can't keep bringing the car in. But, clearly, it has to be checked again before anyone can drive it safely.

So, here are my questions to this group:

1) What qualifies as an "Express Warranty" when it comes to a 2010 Camaro, after the bumper-to-bumper warranty has expired?

2) Is the knuckle, speed sensor, and/or battery considered covered under power train? (From reading the warranty information I can't decipher Yes or No).

3) Would you start a dialoque with GM if you were me? Neither dealership has shown consistent ability to keep this car on the road since the bumper-to-bumper warranty expired. But, they manage to easily charge me.

**I, of course, do not know what Problem # 3 is yet, but I think arming myself with knowledge before going will be better this time.

Thank you for all your help in advance.
electricblue2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #293
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I have some big problems with my 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS. I tried the customer care number and even took it to a second dealership a few hours away from we're I live. Still no luck. Yesterday I filed a complaint with the BBB since customer care couldn't help. My front rotors warp every time I take a long road trip. Drove to Alabama from California, on the way there the front rotors warped. Drove with the cruse control on most of the way in mostly a straight line with minimal braking. The Dealership in Alabama turned them and resurfaced them. Drove back to California and they warped again. The local dealership replaced the rotors and then I drove to Montana and back to California and they warped again....once again they turned them and resurfaced the front rotors. I still have no answer why they are warping on long road trips. I still have a vibration in the front and the brakes pulsate on long trips. I also have a front ABS issue. It engages when you down shift from 3-2 it didn't start doing this until 4 or 6 k on the car. My last Camaro 2010 2SS/RS didn't do this and my friends Camaro's don't do this. I also have a problem with shifting into second gear under high revs a problem several others have had with the manual. My car also seems slow compared to my last Camaro and my friends cars. I am at a loss since I love my car but hate the problems. I am going to seek the help of an attorney if I can't get this resolved since I have heard brake issues are hard to fight with car companies. Not sure if you can do anything but figured I would try before I go to much further with the process of a lemon law. This is my second Camaro, my first one was bought back buy the dealership since they sold me a wrecked car as new. I have not had any luck with these cars and I love them........not sure what the hell to do!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:06 AM   #294
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue2ss View Post
I need your help and am glad to see all you experts on here. I will try and make this as simple as possible:

Have a 2010 Camaro 2SS, automatic; it was bought with only 10K miles on it. It currently has 41K miles on it, so it has been driven 15K miles a year since buying it. During the 1st 36K miles it behaved fairly well. No major issues, except found that the brakes already had to be replaced @ approx. 30K miles. This included the rotors.

Then, the problems started, shortly after the bumper-to-bumper warranty expired.

Problem # 1: The car was shaking at 30 miles +an hour. If you drove it any faster, it almost became impossible to steer, and it was more apparent as the RPM's increased to 2,000. We took it to the local dealership who had been servicing the car, and they had it for a couple of days before calling us and saying they were suspecting the rear tires. Now, those tires were close to the need of getting replaced, but nowhere bald, and nowhere uneven. It didn't make complete sense, but I went along with it. As I went to get the car, they came back out and said: "We took the car for a test drive with the new tires and it is still shaking." Great!?! I went back home, and the next day I called back. The service contact person said to me that the technician had not taken the actual car apart when diagnosing it; he went on a hunch. They then quoted me another 3 days to do an actual diagnosis and wanted me to pay for it. Wait a minute - they didn't even know if it was a power train warranty covered item, and yet they were ready to start charging me. After two more days they told me they did not have the problem figured out yet, and I grew concerned because we needed the car for transportation. So, I called my insurance company and figured they employed automotive experts. Sure enough, they helped me by bridging me to one of their independent contractors who took me through the entire process of how to move forward. He suggested I have the car towed to another dealership, and start over. I figured it to be a good idea because clearly the other dealership was not with the program. It was towed north of the city, and the expert from our insurance company actually drove up there and inspected the vehicle with the technician. They found the culprit to be the "knuckle" - it was defective and needed to be replaced. It was not a tire issue, whatsoever. Once replaced, the car drove perfectly.

Fast forward to 3 weeks ago -

Problem # 2: The stability track light came on; however, the car seemingly was driving fine. After a few days, more lights came on, including the engine light. I took it back to the dealership that fixed the car for Problem # 1. They called me and told me that the battery needed to be replaced. That seemed a little soon, but I was told that with a bad battery, the lights would often come on even if there were no issues. By putting a battery in to test if other lights came on, they would be able to see if there were other problems. They charged me $ 327 for a new one, including labor. Seemed steep to me. But we know how this goes, right? They have your car, they know you have to work and can't drive around for all these quotes, etc. And, potentially, there were other issues as well. I gave the go-ahead. After the battery had been replaced, another light came on and it I get another call telling me that the speed sensor was defective and that was causing the original stabili-track light to come on. Okay, by the time they were done with all the work, the total charge for the two items was $ 642. This just seems insane to me.

Problem # 3: Yesterday, the engine light came on AGAIN!!! The car wont idle now. It is sputtering and barely seems to hang on when idling. We have been at an intersection and it has died; starting it back up is not a problem, but it is dangerous and not reasonable to already have a problem again. I called the technician back and I brought up the fact that this car was not on a good path. I voiced my concerns and asked him if he didn't think this was a bad sign....he said: "I don't really remember the issues it has had before; I just remember you and the car itself." Oh, really? Because 3 weeks ago when you were wanting to earn our business again, you remembered everything about the "knuckle" issue. All he offered this time was: "I can't help you if you don't bring the car in..." Right, and I can't keep bringing the car in. But, clearly, it has to be checked again before anyone can drive it safely.

So, here are my questions to this group:

1) What qualifies as an "Express Warranty" when it comes to a 2010 Camaro, after the bumper-to-bumper warranty has expired?

2) Is the knuckle, speed sensor, and/or battery considered covered under power train? (From reading the warranty information I can't decipher Yes or No).

3) Would you start a dialoque with GM if you were me? Neither dealership has shown consistent ability to keep this car on the road since the bumper-to-bumper warranty expired. But, they manage to easily charge me.

**I, of course, do not know what Problem # 3 is yet, but I think arming myself with knowledge before going will be better this time.

Thank you for all your help in advance.

I apologize for any inconveniences or frustrations you may be experiencing at this time. I can set up a case with GM customer service if you would like and research these issues a little further and see if there are any options available to you. Just PM me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

I look forward to your correspondence!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service