Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
This car is on my short list of possible new cars when/if I decide to trade my Camaro in on something. I just can't ignore the practicality of 4 doors and a hatchback.
The practicality of the STi wus the major factor why I traded the SS for it.

I wus looking at this (STI) and the EVO X MR and the Golf R when I wanted to trade the camaro. I didn't like the EVO X MR because it only came on an auto. and if I wanted a stick I have to get the GSR and its only a 5 speed. and the Golf R well my parents just didn't like it. so that wus out. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
I rarely see Camaros in WI lol

But Camaros are pretty common, what's not common is a nicely done V8 camaro. Too many Camaros that are V6's and driven by old women or something lol

STI's or subarus in general have such a unique sound, which I like, but it does get annoying when that's the only sound you hear all day haha

Can't beat the American Muscle sound! hah

Either way, badass car!
Well I live in oklahoma! I see Camaro's on every angle in every color and all kinds of set up you can imagine and raging from Grandmas to teenagers. lol

But where I live I haven't seen any STI's around just 2 WRX's. but in Tulsa theres quite a few STI's out there but Still pretty rare.

The Boxer 4 sound is definitely unique and a signature sound of Subies. I actually love that sound. but thats just me.

and yess I can't argue that theres nothing like a sound of 8 cylinders screaming!! thats for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willhe64 View Post
We'll be seeing you around. In our rear view mirrors
Ha! we'll see about that. she's definitely not staying stock.

Last edited by GEEo; 11-14-2012 at 04:21 PM.
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #30
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Looks nice. If I wasn't dead set red on getting a Chevy SS, I'd consider the STi. How much did it set you back?
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #31
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
I love both the tuner and the muscle cars. If it looks good and goes fast, it good enough for me. I would like a EVO X instead but I think they are going to kill it off so I would get a black STI, or a FR-S if I ever got rid of my camaro.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #32
GEEo
OKCamaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 376 View Post
Looks nice. If I wasn't dead set red on getting a Chevy SS, I'd consider the STi. How much did it set you back?
I honestly don't know man. I think my parents paid somewhere around $38k. Not 100 on that tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGame55 View Post
I love both the tuner and the muscle cars. If it looks good and goes fast, it good enough for me. I would like a EVO X instead but I think they are going to kill it off so I would get a black STI, or a FR-S if I ever got rid of my camaro.
I considered the Evo X but I didn't like that if you wanted a stick its only a 5 speed and the 6 speed only comes on the auto trans. Also the thing I didn't like the most about the Evo X is that the interior is kinda cheap looking and feel to it for what their asking for it.

It's a good car tho. The fact that the stick is only a 5 speed really bothered me.

I heard that Evo's are better for straight line speed compared to the STI's and that they respond better to Mods as well.

I got a chance to drive a 6 speed FR-S a couple months back. It's a fun car but I don't think you would want to down grade from your Camaro for something that slow. Lol it's a fun little car tho.

Maybe with a 2JZ under the hood I would've considered it. haha
Old 11-16-2012, 03:40 PM   #33
GotGame55
Haters gonna hate?

Drives: '04 Chevy Dirtymax
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
I honestly don't know man. I think my parents paid somewhere around $38k. Not 100 on that tho.

I considered the Evo X but I didn't like that if you wanted a stick its only a 5 speed and the 6 speed only comes on the auto trans. Also the thing I didn't like the most about the Evo X is that the interior is kinda cheap looking and feel to it for what their asking for it.

It's a good car tho. The fact that the stick is only a 5 speed really bothered me.

I heard that Evo's are better for straight line speed compared to the STI's and that they respond better to Mods as well.

I got a chance to drive a 6 speed FR-S a couple months back. It's a fun car but I don't think you would want to down grade from your Camaro for something that slow. Lol it's a fun little car tho.

Maybe with a 2JZ under the hood I would've considered it. haha

Yea, the evo was my "dream car" when I was like 12. Not so much now lol. For me, I don't care if it is a 6,5,4, or 2 speed, with the proper funds and if I can get some high HP out of it, idc lol. If I get a frs, I would put a LS7 or a 327 COPO engine in it
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #34
scottc
Central PA Camaro5 Club

Drives: Hot Wheels
Nice car brother, congrats!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #35
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
I hope you told your parents "thank you"

Sent from my abacus using precise finger movements......
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #36
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Yup thats right. I pulled the trigger I sold the SS and got this.

My new '13 STi.
Welcome to the ranks!

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:18 PM   #37
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
Nice but I woulda waited.. new look n style for 2014. And ive heard to even put a downpipe or any mod on ur car you need a tune.
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #38
2SS45th

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
Nice but I woulda waited.. new look n style for 2014. And ive heard to even put a downpipe or any mod on ur car you need a tune.
Yup, you need a tune for everything. You actually lose power on these cars unless they are tuned. Unless you want to blow your warranty, a catback is about it. The new one will be a 2.0L boxer, and will have more turbo lag; so the current one has the stronger motor.

Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #39
GEEo
OKCamaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
I hope you told your parents "thank you"

Sent from my abacus using precise finger movements......
Sure did. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalThug View Post
I honestly don't like the look of the rendered '14 model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
Welcome to the ranks!
Quote:
Yup, you need a tune for everything. You actually lose power on these cars unless they are tuned. Unless you want to blow your warranty, a catback is about it. The new one will be a 2.0L boxer, and will have more turbo lag; so the current one has the stronger motor.

So I need a Tune for a TBE? I see guys around town that have TBE w/o tune thats been running around for quite a while now. But there WRX's tho. Cobb doesn't have the '13 AP's out yet.

I thought the mod that a tune wus necessary is just the CAI?

I'm like all ready to get a TBE this week!! lol

What set up do you run on yours? I wus looking at the Cateless Invidia N1 or Q300.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #40
2SS45th

I have the Cobb, most anything else isn't as high quality. Cobb has awesome customer service too, I just had to get some help with wastegate issues, and was able to get it figured out. However, you will need a tune for the TBE for sure, whenever the cats are moved you need a tune. Secondly, Subaru is not lenient like Chevy. Don't expect any help from them if you mod the car. A friend of mine had brake issues, and they wouldn't replace them because he had lowering springs, they don't like it when you touch their stuff

Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #41
GEEo
OKCamaros

Quote:
I have the Cobb, most anything else isn't as high quality. Cobb has awesome customer service too, I just had to get some help with wastegate issues, and was able to get it figured out. However, you will need a tune for the TBE for sure, whenever the cats are moved you need a tune. Secondly, Subaru is not lenient like Chevy. Don't expect any help from them if you mod the car. A friend of mine had brake issues, and they wouldn't replace them because he had lowering springs, they don't like it when you touch their stuff
Chevy lenient? Haha I don't think so. My whole dash wiring system burned out for some reason a while back and they wouldn't fix it under warranty because I had a radar detector! How is that? And my calipers locked up one time they blamed my rotors and didnt cover it.

Im fine with the warranty issue. My only concern is how reliable the car os going to be. Planning to be on the stage 2+ or 3 for now since its my DD.

Do you have any recommendation as for what exhaust to go with? Theres not many options for the '11-'13 sedans
Old 11-20-2012, 07:44 AM   #42
SinisterEcho

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6/LS3
Thats is the same car that I will get for my next car once this one is payed off... Good choice op! Looks great!