Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-09-2014, 02:12 PM   #1
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
camaro2lt - Caution Future Buyers

So far my experience buying parts from camaro2lt (Richie) has not been very positive. Here's the timeline of events.

December: I purchased ZL1 Carbon Flash Metallic door trim inserts in December and was told they had the Red light pipes in them. I received them in December when I ordered them. He shipped them pretty quickly at that time.

Feb 22nd: I was waiting for a lot of new parts for my car so I didn't get around to installing the door inserts until 2 weeks ago. After installing them I found out one had a blue light not a red light.

So I called camaro2lt (Richie) up on Feb 22nd and talked to him. He said he would look and see if he had an extra red light pipe at home. He got home and did so he called me and told me he would ship it out tomorrow (Monday) Feb 24th. At this point I was satisfied with his follow up support.

Tuesday Feb 25th: He never sent a tracking# like he said he would. So I texted him to see if he shipped the replacement light pipe out on Monday. Took two days for him to text me back (finally on Wed Feb 26th) and he said he had been busy and didn't get it shipped on Monday but would ship it tomorrow (Thursday) Feb 27th.

Saturday March 1st I texted him twice asking if he got it shipped out on Thursday. NO response both times. Called him on the phone. Finally got an answer and he said he shipped it out on Friday Feb 28th and I should have it early to mid following week.

March 6th I still had not received the light or a tracking number so I texted him to let him know I had not received it yet and asked if he could send me the tracking number like he said he would when he shipped it. NO response from him. Tried calling him. NO Answer.

March 7th I sent 7 texts to him. NO response. Tried calling him. NO Answer.

March 8th. Tried calling. NO answer.

So I still have no answer on if I will be receiving the correct color light pipe that I was told the door inserts had when I purchased them from him.

So buyer beware follow up support after the sale may be non-existent if you get the wrong parts.

**UPDATE** Replacement part received on Saturday 3/15/2014

Saturday March 15th: Just wanted to post an update that camaro2lt did send me the replacement light wiring harness with the correct color LED in it now. I received the new wiring harness on Saturday 3/15/2014 and installed it. Checked it out and it is a red one. Parts issue has been taken care of.

Last edited by Nick S; 03-16-2014 at 03:36 PM.
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #2
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
Thanks for the info
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:13 PM   #3
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
You should really think before you post........I have been majorly busy lately with school, family issues and cell phone carrier switch overs. You are making a big deal over a $12.95 part. I am very sorry I accidentally sent the wrong color. After rechecking and testing all of my lights I do not have a red one and in fact the one that was labeled red turned out to be blue. If you can pm me your paypal I would be happy to refund you the cost of the little light. Check my Itrader on here and it will speak for itself.
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:53 PM   #4
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Welcome to the joys of selling parts Richie.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #5
camaro2lt

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynuts View Post
Welcome to the joys of selling parts Richie.

Haha oh I know lol
Old 03-09-2014, 06:12 PM   #6
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
You should really think before you post........I have been majorly busy lately with school, family issues and cell phone carrier switch overs. You are making a big deal over a $12.95 part. I am very sorry I accidentally sent the wrong color. After rechecking and testing all of my lights I do not have a red one and in fact the one that was labeled red turned out to be blue. If you can pm me your paypal I would be happy to refund you the cost of the little light. Check my Itrader on here and it will speak for itself.
I did think before I posted. And when I saw you had time to respond to other parts sale ads you have posted but you are too busy to reply to me that's where I had to say something.

It's the fact you have completely ignored my repeated text messages and phone calls because you are "too busy" but yet you have time to respond to for sale ads you've posted on here during that same time frame.

If you really don't have time to support customers you have sold parts too then you shouldn't be using what little time you have left to sell other parts to customers you won't be able to support either.

The complete lack of response is what pisses me off. I gave you plenty of time to respond. It's not like I only gave you an hour to reply to me. Check the time frame listed above. No response from you since last weekend. When I've sent repeated texts and tried calling repeated times with no response or answer from you.

That's fine if you don't have a replacement red one. Then Tell me that when I ask you if you shipped the replacement one out. And don't tell me you will be shipping a replacement part out and then never ship it. You told me over the phone you shipped the part Friday Feb 28th. Now suddenly you didn't have the correct part to ship?? So where did this mystery part get shipped to. I never got it.

Last edited by Nick S; 03-09-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Nick S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:21 PM   #7
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
There are to sides to this! Somebody that pays for something wants it right and right now! Also seller can have things come up but to a buyer it doesn't matter! Richie has answered a ton of ? from me so I doubt u will have a problem from him.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:32 PM   #8
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
There are to sides to this! Somebody that pays for something wants it right and right now! Also seller can have things come up but to a buyer it doesn't matter! Richie has answered a ton of ? from me so I doubt u will have a problem from him.
View the time frame above. I think an entire week is not asking for too much to get a response and for him to follow up with information like tracking numbers like he said he would. Up until this last week I was being understanding and not pushing the issue to much. But when I get Zero response in the last week after repeated text messages and phone calls all because he's "too busy" but he's not too busy to reply to new parts sales ads then that pisses me off. Don't tell me you're too busy to support me and the mistake that was made during my sale when you're not too busy to try and sell parts to someone else.

Richie seems like a good guy when I did talk to him on the phone and I'm sure generally he is a decent guy but his lack of any response in the last week was just unacceptable to me. I mean really how long does it take to reply to a text message to at least acknowledge my inquiry. Not long. Like 30 seconds or less. I'm sure it takes longer to long onto the internet, load the C5 site, and respond to forum posts than it does to respond to a text message. I sent a text so he could respond at his convenience when he had time. Obviously I was trying to be too considerate when I assumed that meant I would get a response back within a day or two at the most. Then I proceeded to give him a week to respond. Where does one draw the line before speaking up.

It's funny. No time to respond to my text or answer my phone calls privately. But suddenly when something is posted publicly he has time to respond.

I've posted the time frame above for all to see. If I have left out details that he feels are important he can feel free to quote the time frame and add the missing details. But I have not left anything out for the sake of making my story look better. I searched back thru my phone to make sure I had the dates and number of contact tries correct. I posted the facts and didn't leave any out.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:34 PM   #9
camaro2lt

Here is what ill do......I will have my dealer overnight me a red led light.....the I will overnight one to you. I think many people would agree with me that this solves the problem.
Old 03-09-2014, 06:40 PM   #10
Nick S

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
Here is what ill do......I will have my dealer overnight me a red led light.....the I will overnight one to you. I think many people would agree with me that this solves the problem.
That would be appreciated. It's not about the cost of the light either. I was ready to just order one from Maureen and call it a day.

And I don't need you to overnight it. I don't need you to and I don't want you to spend extra $$ just to overnight it. Regular ground service will be fine with me. You can even send it USPS the cheapest way possible and that will be fine with me. Just send me the tracking number so I know it's coming and I'll let you know when it arrives. I'm not looking for anyone to lose money over any of this. Just a response was all I wanted.

All I asked for was communication and I would be plenty understanding with the wait. I understand busy schedules and the fact that life happens. Heck I waited for almost 2 months to get my ZL1 rockers from Maureen this year. I was fine with it because she at least kept in contact with me and I understood that they were very very busy. But she never left me without a response. That's all I asked for and that would have satisfied me.
Old 03-09-2014, 09:58 PM   #11
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Communication is key

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #12
Rob21sf

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LLT
Had the same issue with my order with Richie and chose the refund for the wrong part and bought one direct from the dealer, problem solved. camaro2lt is GTG in my book!
Rob21sf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 03:34 PM   #13
Nick S

UPDATE - Replacement Wiring Harness Received 3/15/2014

**UPDATE** 3/16/2014
Just wanted to post an update that camaro2lt did send me the replacement light wiring harness with the correct color LED in it now. I received the new wiring harness on Saturday 3/15/2014 and installed it. Checked it out and it is a red one (super orange per the GM Description). Parts issue has been taken care of.