Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-18-2014, 01:17 AM   #1
crwdplsr

Drives: 2014 zl1
Thumbs down New ZL1. 👎

So I ordered a new zl1 this spring. It arrived late (July 22) was built and released for delivery June 6th. Upon getting the car I noticed several issues. The worst of which was a drivers door that was 1/4 in high in the front and pushed in. There was a sanded out spot with a dimple in the middle on the trunk lid, a dent in the top of the passenger fender, a kink in the 'Z' on the zl1 emblem, a scratch in the plastic above the exhaust, a chip in the rear spoiler and a piece of dirt in the paint on the passenger door.
The 3m job and tint job that were farmed out by the dealer were absolutely horrible.
The dealership acknowledged the issues and said they would take car of them all but they were very busy so seeing as the summer was half over I should drive it and bring it in in the fall for the repairs.
I reluctantly drive the car enough to get the breakin done on it and then took it to the dealer to have the repairs done in September. It took about a month to get the work done but the door which was the major concern was not fixed. I was told there was no adjustment on it and that a new door would have to come from GM and be painted and installed. Another month passed and no word from the dealer on what was happening. I called them and was told they were waiting on a decision from GM to send out a door. 2 more weeks passed and still nothing. I then contacted GM and gave Maria the story. She said she would look into it and get back to me within a few days. A week and a half passes and nothing. I called back and a message with her. Still nothing. I tried leaving a message again a couple days later. Nothing. A few days after that I called and spoke to another rep. He looked at the file and said she had been working on it and that he would send her a message to call me regardless of any new info just to give me an update. Nothing. I then called the body shop at the dealer again and was told that Maria had been in contact with them but they were waiting for the area rep to get back to them and it had been over a week with no response. The body shop also informed me that they felt that a new would not fix the issue. They felt that the "A" pillar had been welded in wrong and that a new door would fit the same. I left another message for Maria earlier today. Didn't hear back.
I have been more than nice about this situation considering the cost of the car, the fact that I'm still paying for it and I don't have it and I didn't get to enjoy it at all this summer.
I'm concerned that I have a structurally flawed car. I'm concerned that I have to have body work and a door on a brand new car. I am concerned about the tires on the car, namely it getting moved around at sub zero temps and then cracking.
I didn't buy a used car. I bought what was suppose to be my new dream car and that's sure not what I got.
I did follow the advise of this forum and I did sent a private message to one of the leaders on here shortly after relieving the car.
I'm out of ideas and patience.
If this doesn't help get my issues resolved I guess my next call will be my lawyer.
Cheers, Mike.
crwdplsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 01:20 AM   #2
crwdplsr

Sorry about the auto correct mistakes above. Think you'll get the jist of it.
Old 11-18-2014, 05:52 AM   #3
PonyKiller74

Drives: 2012 Triple Black ZL1 M6
Send a message via AIM to PonyKiller74 Send a message via Yahoo to PonyKiller74
You have more patience than I do.....
CenterForce DYAD Dual Disc Clutch, JDP stage 2 Clutch Reservoir, Rotofab CF CAI with Big Gulp and WW Reservoir Relocate, Stainess Works LT Headers and Retro Cat-Back with Cat Delete, MGW ST Shifter with custom Knob, CF Tail light Bezels, more to come...
Build Thread for my Z is in the works.....
PonyKiller74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:01 AM   #4
TX/ZL1

Drives: '14 ZL1 RRM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonyKiller74 View Post
You have more patience than I do.....
Yeah.....By now I'd be setting something on fire. Might be a Texas thing...
Old 11-18-2014, 05:21 PM   #5
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
I'd request a different ZL1.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 05:42 PM   #6
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Why did you buy it like that? I'd have never had signed if it wasn't right. Don't care how long it took to order/arrive. You have far more leverage getting things right before you sign than once the purchase is done.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #7
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Why is that certain dealers just can't get things right for their customers? and it seems this dealership is just too f'n cheap to do the right thing. OP -with that many things wrong with it when it arrived, the dealership should have ordered a replacement for you and let you drive the present one until the replacement arrived. You should have expressed some DEEP dissatisfaction with this situation and told them flat out that you were not accepting the vehicle and start walking out the door. You would have been treated much better after that.

Frickin' stealerships always seem to walk over the meek and mild. about your troubles, I pray that GM will get involved and WORK QUICKLY at keeping you as customer.

I would also think with all the work done trying to make it right, it could lower the value of the car.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #8
USMUCL

Drives: 2014 Red Camaro 1SS 1LE
OP, my humble opinion, the car will never be right to you. Not sure what your rights are in Alberta, but I'd get an attorney and insist on a "buy back." Not sure what happened with the door, but that is the real deal breaker for me.

Also, you mentioned having tint and 3M done -- I bet most of the other issues (dints, chips, scratches) came somewhere between delivery to the dealership and you accepting the car -- whether the damage occurred in the dealer lot or at the facility installing the tint, or a combination thereof.
USMUCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
crwdplsr

The day I picked up the car it was overcast and They had just done a half assed detail job on it so I figured being a new car it was just me or the light. I noticed the door, the cloudy spot on the trunk lid and the scratch on the plastic above the bumper. I did point it out and had the salesman make a note about it and said I would detail the car myself and go from there. I returned the car 2 days later and pointed it all out to the service manager and the body shop manager and was assured it was minor issues and a door adjustment and not to worry about it. El ess A is right. I should have walked on it then but they had my trade in and the paper work was all done. I didn't really know my options and honestly still don't.

Update. The GM rep is suppose to be at the dealership where the car lives tomorrow. They claim if they get the go ahead they will get a new door, move the hinges on the pillar and repair the car.
My feelings on this are varied. I asked them to express my deep concern about having to cut and weld and repaint a new 65,000.00 car.
If this is what has to happen to fix the car I'm not sure I want it and I'm not sure what my options are. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Mike. ��
Old 11-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #10
john2012camaroSS

Drives: 2012 Black SS
You have been defrauded my friend. GET YOUR LAWYER SUE THE SH*T OUT OF THESE CROOKS
john2012camaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #11
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
how many miles were on it when you picked it up? sounds like everything but the door issue was after it left the factory... in transit or at the dealer.

I think we all feel your pain... but after you take delivery I think the best you can do now is make the dealer fix in a reasonable timeframe best they can. If the door isn't perfect, I'd just live with it. Yea it's not right, but just figure you probably won't keep the car forever... and trying to fix it or switch cars is going to be a major headache.

there is really no excuse for the dealer taking so long to fix it. I hope they gave you a nice loaner.

post some photos of the door. if it really bothers you... you can demand it fixed and if not satisfied check out your state's lemon laws.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
i gotta say, when i got my car i found some door dings and minor stuff that the dealer put on the Due Bill and took care of a couple of days later when their PDR guy came in and they were also ordering the rally stripes for me. the stripes came out horribly and they allowed my body shop to remove them. however, while the car was in the dealership they also scrape the back bumper on a wall - back to my body shop to redo the paint on the bumper. i was extremely displeased and ended up getting the GM Performance exhaust, a box full of Adam's products, and $1000 back in my hand from the dealer.

please explore your options -- you can negotiate for $$$$ back and possibly goodies.

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:05 PM   #13
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
How do you repair door hinges on a brand new car? There's got to be damage on the car that was not disclosed. I would push upon the GM rep, you paid for a BRAND NEW car, not one that needs to be repaired because some yahoo took it for a drive and damaged it on you, which is a likely scenario. I would push for a buy back and, like others have stated, get some legal advice.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote