Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #29
Rod Knock

Drives: 2003 Dodge Viper/2011 IOM SS vert
Colby - bets of luck at the Texas Mile - hope the Hex Vents help keep the front end down (along witht the belly pan!)

I had Lupe (River City) cut thye holes and install my Hex Vents, then I finished up the under hood part and used black vinyl on the splash trays and strut brace so all you see is black when you lokk down through
the vents.

Rod Knock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:57 PM   #30
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
They look great, good job on the install. I had plans to buy those until the TL1 insert came out...
Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM   #31
47AJV8

Drives: A White Car
looks great, funny i watched the whole install video process literally 2 days ago
Old 03-05-2013, 05:17 AM   #32
MrGs SS

Drives: 2013 Black SS/RS
I love the way these look, definately on my "to-do" list. I watched the install video, not sure I have the guts to slice into the hood however.. lol

Performance Mods-CAI intake, APEX washer bottle relocate and scoop, Ported TB. SLP 160 degree stat, Norris Catch-can, Pfadt Tri-Y headers, BMR F/R sway bars and Arms, Corsa cat back exhaust.
Appearance Mods-Blackout kit (markers, tail lights), black tail light bezels, black chrome trunk lettering, LSR billet engine dress-up kit, sub box. Billet tensioner pulley and thermostat housing (Billetcustom), Heritage grille.

Tuned by Matt @ Florida Speed and Power
379/388 Mustang dyno
MrGs SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #33
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGs SS View Post
I watched the install video, not sure I have the guts to slice into the hood however.. lol
It's just not that cutting the hood made me nervous, I really don't have the optimal working space, sawhorses, jig saw, etc, to do the install myself. I'm going Saturday to a local custom body/paint shop to assist them doing it for a really reasonable fee. Even Steve is going to charge $50 to install at the Fest if you bought the vents prior to that (which is very fair) so the $100 I'm paying is pretty low I think and I know they do good work. Can't wait to see these on my car; I've had them for a couple months now.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #34
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
I hope to be doing mine this weekend!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #35
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Got mine done last weekend at the SSCR. Been wanting them for a while but there was no way in heck I was cutting my hood myself. Extremely happy with the look and fit.

ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #36
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
thought about these, but since the V6 ideally runs warm(205 degrees), not sure if would affect its performance. V8s different story...
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #37
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
Got mine done last weekend at the SSCR. Been wanting them for a while but there was no way in heck I was cutting my hood myself. Extremely happy with the look and fit.

Those look great as always. Yeah, I wish I lived fairly close to Steve's shop in Florida too so the guru that invented these could install them.
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #38
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
Got mine done last weekend at SCCR too. Steve did an awesome job!
Attached Images

Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #39
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
Got mine done last weekend at SCCR too. Steve did an awesome job!
Man, you guys are so lucky to live down there for this, and many other, reasons. We're expecting ice/snow this evening in the Cincinnati area.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #40
ka1

Drives: 2011 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy10SSRS View Post
Man, you guys are so lucky to live down there for this, and many other, reasons. We're expecting ice/snow this evening in the Cincinnati area.
It was freezing at the rally and over the last few days but in general I agree. I have no idea how people live in that snow/ice stuff. And I did it for 30 years before moving down.
ka1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #41
Billabongi

Drives: '17 SS 50th Camaro
BTW has anybody painted their pans? I want to paint mine black and was thinking about doing them in the silicone paint hoping it'd be ok with the sun, rain, dirt, grime.... all the fun stuff these will be exposed to
Billabongi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #42
Cincy10SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billabongi View Post
BTW has anybody painted their pans? I want to paint mine black and was thinking about doing them in the silicone paint hoping it'd be ok with the sun, rain, dirt, grime.... all the fun stuff these will be exposed to
You Florida guys may not have to deal with snow but do get alot of rain at times. How do the guys who've have these vents for a while think the splash pans do with the water? Where does it seem to drain to or on, especially if your car is parked in a downpour or if you're cruising down the highway in the rain?