Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-05-2011, 04:51 AM   #1
s1k0

Drives: Corvette C6
Done my research on exhaust systems!

Well I've been looking for an exhaust constantly!
I've went through every thread and every video. I can't deiced between MRT V2 or Corsa Cat back. In regards to the Corsa cat back, it sounds awesome and sportier I really like it. The only problem is that it is expensive, I mean I can afford it but for the price of Corsa I can get the MRT v2 and I would have extra money to spend on other things!
I know Corsa and MRT are two different exhausts! But I can decide really!
Your thoughts guys?

I tried looking up the term 'Drone,' and I still don't fully understand what it means..

Sold It..
s1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
drone i think is like the little humming or buzzing sound when the exhaust is around 2K rpm. are you looking for performance or just sounds and look? MRT 2 wont help the performance much but will sound nice and take the suitcase out of under your car where as you might see i little bit of gains from corsa. Look at solo cat back it is drone free supposedly i havent heard one but have only heard good review.
cyberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
zombi

Drives: 2011 Black 6 Speed
I love my MRT V.2. Drone is minimal in my opinion but you are going to hear different things from different people. I did notice some better performance and the sound is awesome. Plus you really can't beat the price.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
You will know what drone is if you actually experience it. Basically it is a low tone, almost bass-like tone that resonates throughout your cabin when it occurs. Its not like a noise you hear comming from outside your car, but rather it tends to "surround" you. A little drone isn't bad, and sometimes can make the car seem a bit sporty if its just a tad of drone, but a lot of drone will be annoying over longer trips.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #5
Dynomax Exhaust

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
You will know what drone is if you actually experience it. Basically it is a low tone, almost bass-like tone that resonates throughout your cabin when it occurs. Its not like a noise you hear comming from outside your car, but rather it tends to "surround" you. A little drone isn't bad, and sometimes can make the car seem a bit sporty if its just a tad of drone, but a lot of drone will be annoying over longer trips.
So true. It drives some people bonkers, other are cool with it.
Dynomax Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
s1k0

More towards sound than performance..

Sold It..
Old 10-05-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I have the corsa, and love the heck out of it. I wouldn't change it for any other exhaust out there, but then again, i'm a power/performance junkie. If you are looking more for sound, i would recommend the MRT. I have heard a few people say they want to add a resonated xpipe because they couldn't stand the drone, so it's all personal preference on if you can handle it. Being in SD, I would think you could find a local v6 with MRT and ride in it. Maybe go to a local club meet.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #8
montreal2010yellow

Drives: 2 LT/RS YELLOW, AUTO., VIN NO. 602
Go out and listen...

My best suggestion is that you should go at car meets and listned to what owners have. No video will give you the exact sound. That's what I did and I went for Solo Performance Mach X LLT with J pipes. Can't be happier. Profond sound, nice rumble under compresion and very, very low drone at 1,800 - 2,000 RPM's. And the sound got better and better after a few thousand miles....

Also they are design especially for Camaro V6...nothing else.

Name:  solo j pipes.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  349.2 KB
Old 10-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #9
CRChevy
MARO MAN

Drives: Orange 2010 Camaro 2RS
I love my muff delete and I love drone what do u want it to sound like a prius?
Old 10-05-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
Well I've been looking for an exhaust constantly!
I've went through every thread and every video. I can't deiced between MRT V2 or Corsa Cat back. In regards to the Corsa cat back, it sounds awesome and sportier I really like it. The only problem is that it is expensive, I mean I can afford it but for the price of Corsa I can get the MRT v2 and I would have extra money to spend on other things!
I know Corsa and MRT are two different exhausts! But I can decide really!
Your thoughts guys?

I tried looking up the term 'Drone,' and I still don't fully understand what it means..

EXACTLY. I was in the same boat. I finally concluded why spend more for a minimum HP if any at all for just sound. To me it came down to why replace all the pipe for sound when I could replace the mufflers and still have money for more mods.

MRT 2.0 all the way.

I dropped the suitcases that weighed 25.5 lbs each and replaced them with the overnight bags that weigh 9.5 lbs each. For a total savings of 32 lbs. off the back end.

I have more compliments on my sound than anything else I have done.

Is there drone, sure, does it bother me. Not even close. I love what I hear to let drone bother me.

I have attached some videos. Be sure to check out the last one and listen as we talk about the drone.

Here is my story when posting about the videos.

I installed my own MRT 2.0. Then took it to the people who built it and had them weld it on.

I have had many members on this and other Forums say this is one of the best sounding systems they have heard and by far the best sounding MRT 2.0 system.

Take a listen for yourself. Listen to these thru some headphones or ear buds.

Here is a few videos for you:

This one is from inside my Camaro on the way to the dragstrip.

This one is from inside my Camaro while at the dragstrip. Sorry about the Camera tipping.

This one is one that SCRMNG filmed for me while we were at the dragstrip. the last 30 seconds is me on a single pass.

This last clip is one that danrc28 put together when visiting me to hear a MRT 2.0 system. He went from Toronto to Florida and back stopping along the way picking up sound bytes. The video starts off with outside rev's, then an on ramp full throttle run, then an acceleration run from inside while talking about drone. Tape finishes with me passing the camera on the highway doing 3rd gear runs. Which has not been recorded by anyone else using the MRT (or at least I am not aware of anyone with this type of recording.) (rcat's)

Old 10-05-2011, 08:09 PM   #11
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Corsa defines "drone" on their site. Scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

http://www.corsaperf.com/FAQs.aspx

I'm very sensitive to drone. That's why I went with Corsa. I'm very happy with mine and the tone has gotten deeper with more miles.

Also, I rode in a Camaro with a Corsa. That sealed the deal.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:37 PM   #12
s1k0

I will try and go to a local meet. RT Cat thanks for you post that sounds nice! To the other members thank you as well! I'm still debating .

Sold It..
Old 10-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #13
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1k0 View Post
I will try and go to a local meet. RT Cat thanks for you post that sounds nice! To the other members thank you as well! I'm still debating .
I would consider Solo Performance as well. Their catback is priced far better then Corsa and they sound awesome!
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:05 PM   #14
s1k0

Are the MRT V2's 2012 Compatible?

Sold It..