Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #127
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota74 View Post
Right and as in the other thread you referenced, "Hello; welcome" and all the happiness. Whoopee man. Basically if you had read our frustrations at your nonsensical posts about our issues without you actually "doing" anything except checking some people's vin numbers, you're as useless as boobs on a bull.

As a 100% contrast, this post, 846am est, was interrupted by a call from the service manager of my dealership whom I emailed on Saturday and he was following up with me.

And what am I going to get from you Brandon about that? A canned response form post about how you strive to provide excellent customer service.

Don't be dumb.
Bingo. As I said, disingenuous rhetoric (I remembered the H this time ).
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #128
dakota74

Drives: 2014 Summit White; 2SS/RS
it's funny -- you would have thought we'd have heard by now a story about how "helpful" this Brandon at Chevrolet Customer Service has been to any number of us who've had these issues -- but no one's come forward to say so because it doesn't exist.

All his purpose is is to keep the Chevrolet Customer "experience" "alive" on the forum board with these canned rhetoric every now and again, and you know thats the case because the comments are all so seemingly "out of left field"......people are SO upset about an issue and then all of a sudden he swoops in with the "I'm so glad you got a resolution, let me know how it goes and if there's anything else we can do for you....."

Brandon -- there's nothing you DID do.

Oh wait -- I love the "give me your VIN number (PMd of course, since apparently it's like a social security number.....) and I'll see if the recall applies to you...."

Wow, now that's sooo helpful. Because we're not able to call the dealership ourselves right? So glad he's maintaining an online presence.

We so aren't morons.
dakota74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:04 PM   #129
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
We are morons for buying this car. Me especially since I bought into the rhetoric that the fix was on the line and I should just order a new one. Took it hook, line, and sinker.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:21 PM   #130
dakota74

Drives: 2014 Summit White; 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
We are morons for buying this car. Me especially since I bought into the rhetoric that the fix was on the line and I should just order a new one. Took it hook, line, and sinker.
Check out the lemon law. I just spoke to an attorney this morning.

Brandon sez: "I'm so glad you found some relief. If you PM me your VIN number I'll see if there are any recalls for you at this time. Thank you for choosing Chevrolet!".
dakota74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #131
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I did on the last car. I can pretty much say it verbatim. It is just the beginning on this car. I have a whole summer of top down driving to see what happens. Ask your attorney what he says about a possible class action.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:36 AM   #132
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Good Morning All...current incentives...
While you're checking on "current incentives," see if you can find one for me to keep this Pandora's Box of problems.
The only difference between the Camaro and the Chevy Volt is the Camaro won't burn down my garage. (My water-filled rain bladder would put out a fire)

I strongly suggest you change your Forum name from "Chevrolet Customer Service" to "Chevrolet Customer Relations" because a glass of milk and a cookie is not Customer Service.

Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 06:11 AM   #133
jjas0n

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Corvette Z06
Talking RESOLVED: On my second replacement top in a row now

RESOLVED - See last update

----

Time to add my experience to the list. Before I get started, I would highly recommend my dealer, Lee Johnson Chevrolet. They have been very helpful through this rather frustrating (ongoing) mis-adventure, have been very communicative, and honored their lifetime loaner vehicle commitment. I would buy another car there.

I like my 2011 Camaro. I made the mistake of letting my wife drive it for a while. I was told I wasn't getting it back. Now we have two Camaros. Her hardtop has been solid as a rock. My Vert? Not so much. Quite a different experience.

I took my 2011 Camaro Vert in on May 2nd for the 12052 CSP on the top, for water intrusion in the trunk, and to address gapping of the top behind the rear windows on both sides of the car. Some existing damage was found with the original top so a replacement was authorized by GM. The parts arrived and I handed over my car on 5/11 and it has been there since - 22 days and counting.

It is on the second replacement top now. The first was defective (mis-sewn) from the factory and the second has several rips and separations of the supporting cloth between the outer layer, the bows, and the headliner layer. Had the dreaded "fifth-bow disease" as well. In short, pretty much like the "horror stories" you read here and on the Facebook "Camaro Convertible Top Problems 2011/2012/2013" page. Because of this experience, I am slowly but surely becoming convinced that the convertible mechanism is simply "broken as designed".

Other items dealt with along the way:
1. A/C compressor shaft sheared inside the compressor. It was mis-diagnosed initially and the tech had already removed my windshield and was starting to take apart the dashboard before the issue was figured out.
2. Amplifier for the passenger door speakers died.
3. The wiring harness for the trunk lid chafed most of the way through the trunk seal.

Because of this and a few prior issues, I am now past the "30 days out of service" mark to where the Washington State Lemon Law kicks in. I have engaged the BBB as well as sent the appropriate certified mail to GM to start the clock ticking. I really enjoy the convertible, but this is silly. Also imagine the cost if/when it fails out of warrantee. (Eek!!!) I am pushing for replacement or repurchase. BBB inquery got me SR 71-1070562655. Certified letter to GM got me SR 71-1070997110. Lots of noise so far. Not much action - yet.

I'm starting to get VERY annoyed...

-----

UPDATE 1: As of 6/4/2012, on SR 71-1070997110, I have been informed that GM has declined to offer me any assistance. Car is still in the shop on day #25. (I'm going to be Lemon Law eligible on this repair alone at the current rate of progress.) I'm continuing to work with the BBB, but I need to start working on a Plan B. Can anyone recommend a good Lemon Law lawyer in the Bellevue / Kirkland / Redmond / Seattle area?

Update 2 and Resolution: On Thursday 6/7, GM stood behind their product and made me a happy customer again. I received a call and follow up email from the District Manager of Aftersales: "GM will be conducting a repurchase trade (collateral) which means that no usage fee will be charged up until the current mileage of the top repair. You however will be responsible for any upgrade fee's and financing on the new vehicle."

So, I will be driving a new Camaro - just not a convertible :-) Now a little humor to end this update: I'm a grown man, mid 40s, three kids. Now imagine me jumping up and down yelling and giggling in the middle of the office yesterday when I go the news. Quite the visual.. Everyone have a good weekend.

Last edited by jjas0n; 06-08-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Updated info - status of the case.
jjas0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:11 AM   #134
evlar

Drives: 2011 (L99) 2SS/RS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjas0n View Post
Time to add my experience to the list. Before I get started, I would highly recommend my dealer, Lee Johnson Chevrolet. They have been very helpful through this rather frustrating (ongoing) mis-adventure, have been very communicative, and honored their lifetime loaner vehicle commitment. I would buy another car there.

I like my 2011 Camaro. I made the mistake of letting my wife drive it for a while. I was told I wasn't getting it back. Now we have two Camaros. Her hardtop has been solid as a rock. My Vert? Not so much. Quite a different experience.

I took my 2011 Camaro Vert in on May 2nd for the 12052 CSP on the top, for water intrusion in the trunk, and to address gapping of the top behind the rear windows on both sides of the car. Some existing damage was found with the original top so a replacement was authorized by GM. The parts arrived and I handed over my car on 5/11 and it has been there since - 22 days and counting.

It is on the second replacement top now. The first was defective (mis-sewn) from the factory and the second has several rips and separations of the supporting cloth between the outer layer, the bows, and the headliner layer. Had the dreaded "fifth-bow disease" as well. In short, pretty much like the "horror stories" you read here and on the Facebook "Camaro Convertible Top Problems 2011/2012/2013" page. Because of this experience, I am slowly but surely becoming convinced that the convertible mechanism is simply "broken as designed".

Other items dealt with along the way:
1. A/C compressor shaft sheared inside the compressor. It was mis-diagnosed initially and the tech had already removed my windshield and was starting to take apart the dashboard before the issue was figured out.
2. Amplifier for the passenger door speakers died.
3. The wiring harness for the trunk lid chafed most of the way through the trunk seal.

Because of this and a few prior issues, I am now past the "30 days out of service" mark to where the Washington State Lemon Law kicks in. I have engaged the BBB as well as sent the appropriate certified mail to GM to start the clock ticking. I really enjoy the convertible, but this is silly. Also imagine the cost if/when it fails out of warrantee. (Eek!!!) I am pushing for replacement or repurchase. BBB inquery got me SR 71-1070562655. Certified letter to GM got me SR 71-1070997110. Lots of noise so far. Not much action - yet.

I'm starting to get VERY annoyed...
You, sir, have handled this like a pro. Good luck and keep us posted.
evlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #135
mikeec

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Vert IOM/IOM
I went silent after my vert was looked at. I ended up with a 5yr/100k warranty for many different issues (not just the top or it's mechanisms). The field engineer and district rep showed up to the dealership. They saw the indentation on my top and then looked at a few others on the lot. Shocker. They all have that same indentation. I took the warranty knowing full well that eventually my top will need to be replaced again. Trust me when I say that top will go up and down a lot in the next 100k miles. Then it will be off to fight for another warranty.

I'm thinking my car is going to worth a lot once the verts start getting pulled off the road.
mikeec is offline   Reply With Quote