Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 07-02-2012, 07:26 AM   #127
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
ex Skyman, what the hell did we do before the Internet?
In 1963, I didn't know I was driving an unsafe Corvair until Ralph Nader told us so in 1965.
I learned to drive in a 65 corvair in 1969, since then I have owned two others another 65 in 1975 and a 66 in 2002. Loved them all, but this has nothing to do with the thread so I will get it back on topic.

Last night we had the first big storm come through since we got our Vert, I layed in bed listening to the rain pound down off and on for 4 hours not being able to sleep worrying about the car flooding after reading so much about it and having people tell me mine would too. After a almost sleepless night I went out this morning and checked the car. I checked the drivers side, passengers side both front and rear and I checked the trunk. I am very happy to report the car remained bone dry inside. Maybe just maybe we got a good one. Hopefully tonight I can sleep better, they are calling for more storms...
Old 07-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #128
Mick

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS M6 VR Convertible
I completely love my 'vert. I still walk out to the garage and can't believe I own this awesome car! It's a dream come true.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #129
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I completely love my 'vert. I still walk out to the garage and can't believe I own this awesome car! It's a dream come true.
Unfortunately some people's dreams turn into nightmares.. Glad you love your car.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:04 AM   #130
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post

This car is freaking beautiful. We love this car. Compliments fly toward us. We had many, many tourists in Las Vegas recently asking us if they can take pictures. We took the convertible on that road trip two weeks back. I'd do it again.

BUT that will not for one second stop me from making sure that Chevrolet steps up to the plate and makes my car RIGHT. Period. I am sure if we were all lambs, there would not be any design changes implemented....and that we all know is in the works. They have an obligation to this. Accountability, transparency, and sincerity.

Meanwhile, I wait and hope that the next top on order is the end game and solves the issues on our car. Certainly, I shall continue network with fellow 5th Gen Convertible owners as our process proceeds through to it's end. It's information we share that educates us on these issues. Owners networking here strive to achieve a level of consistency regarding application of Chevrolet's warranty practices equally among all owners of this model. Identifying inconsistencies in this process is still an ongoing problem. The same issue is being "corrected" in a dozen plus different ways with different owners at different dealers in separate cities and states, some are working, others are not. Networking brings us together and places focus on a common goal.

If your convertible top is cycled one time or a million times a week and you have no issues arising out of it, I salute you. But we will still drive our 2011 2SS Convertible with the confidence that it is a stunning automobile, and that our issues will be solved one way or another...

Again, it's a beautiful car. No question there.
I applaud your attitude...:5thgenvert:
We also know through the changes made every year to the car the people that run GM are monitoring the forums and see problems and concerns owners have.
I just feel some go to extreme lengths venting on here calling GM employees names. As in most complicated things. Change can be slow. I guarentee that when the complaints started coming in they started working on solutions. Being in engineering for 20 years I know there can be a lot of times you make a change that you hope works but later you find it failed. In that case you have to go back to the drawing board. No design is 100% perfect right out of the box.
Dealers are sometimes not up to date with the options available to them for repairs. Unfortunately it sounds like the customer service reps are no better. Maybe it's just a matter of communication, or lack of it that's the main problem to getting replacement tops, but I know from experience the upper management such as Scott (Fbodfather) will not sweep this under the rug.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #131
Tiberious
Old '71 Owner

Drives: 11 Camaro Vert;97 Malibu;03 Venture
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I learned to drive in a 65 corvair in 1969, since then I have owned two others another 65 in 1975 and a 66 in 2002. Loved them all, but this has nothing to do with the thread so I will get it back on topic.

Last night we had the first big storm come through since we got our Vert, I layed in bed listening to the rain pound down off and on for 4 hours not being able to sleep worrying about the car flooding after reading so much about it and having people tell me mine would too. After a almost sleepless night I went out this morning and checked the car. I checked the drivers side, passengers side both front and rear and I checked the trunk. I am very happy to report the car remained bone dry inside. Maybe just maybe we got a good one. Hopefully tonight I can sleep better, they are calling for more storms...
NOBODY wants your car to have problems. I hope it never develops a single rub-mark, hole, leak, or anything of the kind! Glad it was all good for you!

Tib
Tiberious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #132
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Still happy with 2,600 miles and 60 top cycles, two hellacious storms and no water leaks. Keeping fingers crossed though.
Old 07-07-2012, 08:57 AM   #133
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Still happy with 2,600 miles and 60 top cycles, two hellacious storms and no water leaks. Keeping fingers crossed though.
Excellent! Just to verify; was this the newest redesignd top?
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:00 AM   #134
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
Excellent! Just to verify; was this the newest redesignd top?
As far as I know no, the car was built before the new design. I just found out mine was built in August of 2011. Boy it is almost a year old then.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 07-07-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote