Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-03-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
jandaseve

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 1SS/RS Hurst
anyone use "straight talk" prepaid phone?

anyone here use this brand?
jandaseve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
I use Virgin beyondtalk [aka sprint] got a grandfathered $25 a month unlimited data text plan.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
jandaseve

I was considering getting one of these, I'm really fed up with AT&T. But on the back of the box it says that by purchasing and opening the box, you agree to the terms inside the box. WTF? How can you agree to terms without seeing what you're agreeing to first? Is that even legal? Even if it's nothing but the normal legal disclaimers and jargo, it still seems shady and has me leery.

I did see Virgin mobile hotspot devices for $50 with unlimited data. I was paying $50 for 5gb, so that seems good. Do you have any problems with Virgin cell?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #4
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
been using Virgin for many years, first pre pay them beyondtalk.

you can find folks selling $25 GF plans on ebay with a phone,
Old 01-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
jandaseve

cool, thanks!
Old 01-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #6
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
son used a trak phone from walmart it was a good phone for a 16yr old until he started eating up the mins on texting

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #7
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Why folks are eager to buy up those grandfathered $25 a month plans, its only 300min of talk but unlimited data n text, you just get a google voice account and do VOIP and talk all you want to anywhere.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:25 AM   #8
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Thumbs up

I have VM with the grandfathered 25 buck 300 min/unlimted text and web and I am using one of their 'android' phones (had it almost a year). and as much as I like that plan (I barely use the 300 minutes, 1 to 2 hundred at most) it is just that it uses Sprint and in my part of NY (Jamestown an hour away from Buffalo or Erie PA) it is worthless for anything other than making calls and texting. as soon as I am in a major city like Buffalo or Erie I get the 3G speeds, 5 bars for calls and I can use things like youtube without having to use a wifi hot spot like I do when I am at my house.

I am switching to straight talk and gonna use their smart phone the Nokia E5 which uses ATT and in my area we DO get 3G and decently fast 'net' speeds with them. my co worker has the same E5 phone I am getting and I like it, while it is not a touch screen or an android it will work JUST fine for what I use it for. and if ST ever offers an android that does NOT use Sprint (all the androids ST sells use sprint just like my VM phone) I will happily change over to one of them phones.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #9
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

coverage problems are the fault of tree huggers who make them fight in court ever time they want to put up a cell tower.

same stuff out here, which makes no sense, since we got 3-400ft TV towers all over the place.

They still fight it along with windmills. Cause the poor bird who dodge cars are 50-60mph just fine, but can't dodge a windmill blade going 5mph.