Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-05-2012, 09:30 AM   #197
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angella View Post
Attachment 331983

Attachment 331984

yea cuz thats totally my fault? car has just over 5K miles on it! i brought it to the dealership with both sides detached and they called me the next day telling me it was fixed and i opened to top in front on them and low and behold it was STILL BROKEN! then THEY had the nerve to tell me THEY are sick of seeing my car in the shop! This is the 3rd time i had to bring the car in for the SAME issue and i have to bring it in yet AGAIN on the 13th to get it finally repaired!! hopefully! Ive also had to bring it in for the 5th bow to be replaced! when will they give me a new top??? most of the miles on my car is driving it back and forth to the dealership and the dealership having to bring it to another shop! im getting fed up with all this! my car has spent more time at the dealership awaiting repairs than it does sitting at my house! :p addle:
Lemon Law. Invoke it.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #198
whidobie

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
If a dealer ever told me they were sick of seeing my car in the shop. I would pay for a billboard with that statement on how they want to sell you a car and their support behind it. i work for a mfg and if we ever get negative feedback from either one of our distributors or retailers we are all over them. 100% consumer satisfaction!!!
whidobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:51 AM   #199
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
yea cuz thats totally my fault? car has just over 5K miles on it! i brought it to the dealership with both sides detached and they called me the next day telling me it was fixed and i opened to top in front on them and low and behold it was STILL BROKEN! then THEY had the nerve to tell me THEY are sick of seeing my car in the shop!

If they thought about it instead of acting like A$$hats, they would call corporate GM and tell them they're sick of seeing the problems.
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #200
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Attachment 331983

Attachment 331984

yea cuz thats totally my fault? car has just over 5K miles on it! i brought it to the dealership with both sides detached and they called me the next day telling me it was fixed and i opened to top in front on them and low and behold it was STILL BROKEN! then THEY had the nerve to tell me THEY are sick of seeing my car in the shop! This is the 3rd time i had to bring the car in for the SAME issue and i have to bring it in yet AGAIN on the 13th to get it finally repaired!! hopefully! Ive also had to bring it in for the 5th bow to be replaced! when will they give me a new top??? most of the miles on my car is driving it back and forth to the dealership and the dealership having to bring it to another shop! im getting fed up with all this! my car has spent more time at the dealership awaiting repairs than it does sitting at my house! :p addle:
I don't know about Maryland or Virginia, but in Arizona and most other states if your car is out of service with problems for 30 days in the first 2 years or is in the shop 3 or 4 times for the same problem you can make them buy it back. You might look into that. As much as I like my car, if it spends a month in the shop, I'll be getting something else. That might be a Camaro hardtop or it could be a non-GM convertible. I hope I can avoid that decision, but it sounds like you might want to think about it.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:59 AM   #201
Baba

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
Hey Baba I was waiting for some one to proove camaro owners don't all have mullets and beat our wives
Did I miss something?
3 Pedals
Build Date: 06/27/2011

Purchased: 07/30/2011
Title Received: 08/15/2011

1984 Camaro (3rd Gen.): Traded: 1987

"Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss."
Baba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #202
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
So far my dealership has been great about the repairs. I have always had a car waiting for me and now they even have a coffee waiting for me ! Tomorrow Morning will be the beginning of the end for fixes I hope ! I kind of find it hard to believe a dealership would be upset on seeing a car come in for repairs, this is where they make the most money even if it is a warranty repair !
Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM   #203
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
No I was waiting to see if anybody got it. You were the first. Ever watch top gear U.K. version? They believe we all have mullets and are murderers. Before anyone else tells me they are joking I know I know.
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #204
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
Little update- dealer called said GM engineering is having them reset water management bag and replace 5th bow during a conference call online? Sure hope this is it I want my car back!
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 AM   #205
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
I just want my car fixed! :'( i talked to the shop manager the other day and they said ther was a bulletin on the tops that was posted back in november i believe! just drives me insane that monday will be the 3rd time in a month that i am bringing it back in for the same issue!! ill look into Virginia Lemon Laws, but i dont think they really have anything. I know when my boyfriend bought his car in Florida they had him sign documents for his new car. i recieved no such documents when i bought my car! :'( i dont want them to buy it back but i think i should get something for my troubles! i told the manager i was sick of bringing my car in and i personally dont have time in my busy schedule to keep making visits there! ive been there SOOO many times since September 2010 that just about everyone knows my name, me salesperson calls me his adopted daughter and when i drop my car off i just hand the keys over and explain the problems.. no signature required lol CRAZY!! i never thought i would be this close to a dealership! lol
Old 02-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #206
mouse

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs conv, L99/Automatic
I really wish I had kept my 06 Mazda MX-5 GT. NO, Zero! problems with the top, and it was paid for. I hate being concerned each time I lower the top.
mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #207
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse View Post
I really wish I had kept my 06 Mazda MX-5 GT. NO, Zero! problems with the top, and it was paid for. I hate being concerned each time I lower the top.
I'm with you 100% about hating being concerned about putting the top down. From what I've read here, I'm almost certain that mine will break sooner or later, so I don't put it down anything like a much as I did with my last 2 cars which were imported convertibles. My wife keeps telling me I should use it more so it will break while the car is still pretty new, but I like the car so much that I don't want it in the shop.

On the other hand, I've owned 6 imported convertibles, none of which had top problems or any significant problems at all, and I wouldn't trade the Camaro for any of them or all of them.
Lee123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM   #208
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
I just want my car fixed! :'( i talked to the shop manager the other day and they said ther was a bulletin on the tops that was posted back in november i believe! just drives me insane that monday will be the 3rd time in a month that i am bringing it back in for the same issue!! ill look into Virginia Lemon Laws, but i dont think they really have anything. I know when my boyfriend bought his car in Florida they had him sign documents for his new car. i recieved no such documents when i bought my car! :'( i dont want them to buy it back but i think i should get something for my troubles! i told the manager i was sick of bringing my car in and i personally dont have time in my busy schedule to keep making visits there! ive been there SOOO many times since September 2010 that just about everyone knows my name, me salesperson calls me his adopted daughter and when i drop my car off i just hand the keys over and explain the problems.. no signature required lol CRAZY!! i never thought i would be this close to a dealership! lol
As bad and frustrating as it has been for you...it can be worse. My 08 Solstice had 25 warranty visits before I gave up and let it go. They just kept replacing defective parts with more of the same defective parts, and left it to the dealers to design repairs that could be substituted for the bad designs from the GM engineering dept. Good luck, hope they get a fix.
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 PM   #209
Angella
~Living the Dream~

Drives: 11 2SSRS Vert, 11 CBR250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
As bad and frustrating as it has been for you...it can be worse. My 08 Solstice had 25 warranty visits before I gave up and let it go. They just kept replacing defective parts with more of the same defective parts, and left it to the dealers to design repairs that could be substituted for the bad designs from the GM engineering dept. Good luck, hope they get a fix.

Thanks for the positive energy!!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #210
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Attachment 331983

Attachment 331984

Wow! That's bad. Worse than the one I saw at Avis at the Atlanta airport back in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whidobie View Post
If a dealer ever told me they were sick of seeing my car in the shop. I would pay for a billboard with that statement on how they want to sell you a car and their support behind it. i work for a mfg and if we ever get negative feedback from either one of our distributors or retailers we are all over them. 100% consumer satisfaction!!!
That's nerve. $100. per hour labor rate and they are sick of seeing your car? Someone needs to remember where their meals come from - customers. "yeah, we would really have it great if all these customers would get the he77 out of here and quit bothering us!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post
If they thought about it instead of acting like A$$hats, they would call corporate GM and tell them they're sick of seeing the problems.
Exactly.