Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-22-2012, 03:07 AM   #15
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Which is why I clarified. I didn't mean it to be, but there was no other way to say it. :(

Ultimately -- although it's a bitter thought for some, the Camaro team is the only group that truly knows the nature, spread, and root of the issue. The rest of us, no matter how intelligent, can only guess...it's up to them to make the tough choices that need to be made given all the data...and our backseat driving (so to speak) doesn't help or hurt that cause.

I post because I don't like seeing people assume the worst right off the bat, even though I understandable why it happens.
These top issues are NOT a minority, seriously? Where is the voice of the membership that has no top issues? I realize that you can't read ALL the threads and I understand trying to maintain healthy relationships with the "team"... but how much info has travelled UPSTREAM from the membership here, usually WAY ahead of the "team."

The top issues are real as is the incompantce of the "team" to respond appropriately. I am disappointed that this wonderful tool, this forum, is being used to defend the "team"
instead of helpping to quantify the issue and seek solutions. Bout time this top issue see some support other than posts in a sub sub forum.

I appreciate your statesman like attempt to add some clarity to this thread... but to say this top issue is happing in the minority of cars is wreckless. Do you have any facts to back up that statement? The membership here, which is probally way better informed than the "typical " vert owners all most unanimously have top issues.

Not that it matters but I have supported the sponsers on this site to the tune of at least 5k. Lets put principles before personalities and use our influence to fine a solution.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:11 AM   #16
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
These top issues are NOT a minority, seriously? Where is the voice of the membership that has no top issues? I realize that you can't read ALL the threads and I understand trying to maintain healthy relationships with the "team"... but how much info has travelled UPSTREAM from the membership here, usually WAY ahead of the "team."

The top issues are real as is the incompantce of the "team" to respond appropriately. I am disappointed that this wonderful tool, this forum, is being used to defend the "team"
instead of helpping to quantify the issue and seek solutions. Bout time this top issue see some support other than posts in a sub sub forum.

I appreciate your statesman like attempt to add some clarity to this thread... but to say this top issue is happing in the minority of cars is wreckless. Do you have any facts to back up that statement? The membership here, which is probally way better informed than the "typical " vert owners all most unanimously have top issues.

Not that it matters but I have supported the sponsers on this site to the tune of at least 5k. Lets put principles before personalities and use our influence to fine a solution.

inb4pmwarning
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #17
spikess581

Drives: IOM2SSconvertible,64 malibu,04fxdwg
WOW I am so glad that a RESONABLE person can bring "perspective to this conversation. I quess you are one of the lucky ones with no issues. As for no car model ever having every unit 100%- no kidding! The problem is the do nothing and blame the consumer attitude. Oh and by the way we will just keep producing a defective product and the fanatic camaro dupes will just accept it line that GM seems to be taking is what is pissing us off. Contrary to your little quip WE are resonable and realize crap happens but their is no excuse for allowing this to go on! As for letting the dealer handle it I believe most are trying and are at their wits end because there is NO FIX!!
spikess581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:25 AM   #18
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
I will use this analogy to make it easy for some of you. A politician says no new taxes then raises them. It might not affect you but pisses you off. Come election time you remembrr that saying and do not vote for them. Al said these tops are made to last. The problems show they are not. If dealerships cannot fix ehat are we to do? Vote with our pocket book. Either lemon law or do not buy another gm product. My dealer dropped the top on 2 new ones on the lot for the rep. On one bow 5 popped loose. The other rubbef almost to the point of a hole. These were brand new cars.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #19
spikess581

Birdible , stop being unreasonable and get some "perspective" to ue another little political analogy I will bet the mod is very concerned about the ''tone'' of the conversation but only when it is from one side of the debate
Old 01-22-2012, 08:55 AM   #20
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
I don't believe the issue is present to only a minority of vert owners. There could be others out there who are like me and are waiting for a real fix to come out before I let GM use my car as a free test subject and that is why GM doesn't see the full x% of people with problems. To that note, my dealer is aware that I have rub marks, the DID say for me to come in and have it looked at, and I declined for the reasons stated above. I do not fault my dealer at all in how it is being handled.

I think us vert owners just feel very slighted by the lack of response from anyone from GM on the topic. Look at how much attention the freaking carbon fiber hood insert on the ZL1 is getting and members like Fbodfather are staying right on top of it for the community. How does THAT get more attention from GM than tops wearing holes in them or leaking outright with a shoddy water management bag. I bet good money that it gets resolved before out tops do. Come on!

I do not need a fix tomorrow, but knowing that they actually give a @#$! would be a start. In all seriousness, do they plan on having the top fixed before the ZL1 verts hit the line? I actually hope the do not... imagine the pressure they will get from owners of a $60k vert with a bad top, I guess my $42k just wasn't enough to spend to expect my concerns to be addressed.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:13 AM   #21
spikess581

Yeah and now with all that HP they will be able to beat us to the dealership every month to get their tops ''fixed''
Old 01-22-2012, 09:15 AM   #22
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
[QUOTE=tramtwo;4357902]These top issues are NOT a minority, seriously? Where is the voice of the membership that has no top issues?

I think I am one of the lucky ones.
I have only very very minor rub marks, and some wind noise from the back window @ 60 + MPH (no leaks)...knock on wood.

As I have posted before I will not have the minor top issues addressed at this time, since it seems the "fixes" create worse problems with top replacement.
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:39 AM   #23
spikess581

Have any ''vert'' owners recieved a call from Chevy engineering?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:44 AM   #24
SUX2BU
Quit being a pu$$y

Drives: FAST
Quote:

Double
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I don't believe the issue is present to only a minority of vert owners. There could be others out there who are like me and are waiting for a real fix to come out before I let GM use my car as a free test subject and that is why GM doesn't see the full x% of people with problems. To that note, my dealer is aware that I have rub marks, the DID say for me to come in and have it looked at, and I declined for the reasons stated above. I do not fault my dealer at all in how it is being handled.

I think us vert owners just feel very slighted by the lack of response from anyone from GM on the topic. Look at how much attention the freaking carbon fiber hood insert on the ZL1 is getting and members like Fbodfather are staying right on top of it for the community. How does THAT get more attention from GM than tops wearing holes in them or leaking outright with a shoddy water management bag. I bet good money that it gets resolved before out tops do. Come on!

I do not need a fix tomorrow, but knowing that they actually give a @#$! would be a start. In all seriousness, do they plan on having the top fixed before the ZL1 verts hit the line? I actually hope the do not... imagine the pressure they will get from owners of a $60k vert with a bad top, I guess my $42k just wasn't enough to spend to expect my concerns to be addressed.
That's because they already have our $44k+.
SUX2BU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:12 AM   #25
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95birdible View Post
I will use this analogy to make it easy for some of you. A politician says no new taxes then raises them. It might not affect you but pisses you off. Come election time you remembrr that saying and do not vote for them. Al said these tops are made to last. The problems show they are not. If dealerships cannot fix ehat are we to do? Vote with our pocket book. Either lemon law or do not buy another gm product. My dealer dropped the top on 2 new ones on the lot for the rep. On one bow 5 popped loose. The other rubbef almost to the point of a hole. These were brand new cars.
But your dealer did not do that to all the vets in you State
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikess581 View Post
Birdible , stop being unreasonable and get some "perspective" to ue another little political analogy I will bet the mod is very concerned about the ''tone'' of the conversation but only when it is from one side of the debate
Some time i wanted to be like a dog [nose wise ] so i could smell the flow of $$$
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #26
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Folks...it doesn't help...and I don't like typing it....

But please remember you're issues are in the minority. It goes without saying that no manufacturer can produce something 100% flawless 100% of the time. It's a fact inherent to every mass-produced and even hand-built products.
Maybe I don't understand who owns the forums and their affiliations but I really don't know why anyone not working in an official GM capacity would try to minimize and 'rationalize' away the issue.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I don't believe the issue is present to only a minority of vert owners. There could be others out there who are like me and are waiting for a real fix to come out before I let GM use my car as a free test subject and that is why GM doesn't see the full x% of people with problems.
I personally believe tops with rub marks are in the majority. In my personal interaction of Camaro convertibles on my dealer's lot and at event gatherings, I've seen the rub marks on every car that's been driven top down. The ones off the dealer lot are of course worse than others. I understand rubbing on vert tops is considered normal but not when they wear holes within months of routine use.

The members of this forum are not typical car people. This group is passionate about their car and are very observant about it. Heck, SUX's first post came within weeks of owning the car. I'm putting forth a rather broad generalization but the 'typical' car owner may never see the issue until the damage becomes severe. Give them another year or so...
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:37 AM   #27
Tally Ho

Drives: 2006 Corvette conv/2007 Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenIndy500 View Post
I still think this goes back to the fact that the original European top manufacturer want bankrupt at the last minute and GM had to find another top company. The current top company also makes the vet top and they have no problems. So I feel that it was the last minute change in manufactures that caused rushed engineering which has lead to our problems. I think AOs statement was made prior to GM having to change top companies. Just my opinion. Does not make it right but, it would explain the cause of the problems.
The C6 Corvette has had its share of issues with the convertible top as well. I had to have a headliner replaced within the first year due to it getting pinched and torn while closing. This is still happening with the 2012 models (mine's an 06). The grey and cashmere tops exhibit exterior rub marks as well. Fortunately my top is black and the rub marks are hidden.
Old 01-22-2012, 11:26 AM   #28
spikess581

I thought his name was Oppenheiser. So my little joke was really on me. I must be wrong about my screwed up top also.