Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #253
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Mine came today. It will probably be a week before they go on.I'm going to make next weekend a 4 dayer not a 3, will have the car at the shop all friday while I get other things done then 3 days to drive it around to see how they stack up.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #254
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbee View Post
Mine came today. It will probably be a week before they go on.I'm going to make next weekend a 4 dayer not a 3, will have the car at the shop all friday while I get other things done then 3 days to drive it around to see how they stack up.
Once again..I'm thinking the DTs plus your Magnaflows will =
Old 08-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #255
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shakenbk View Post
I just got my tracking info... Man these guys work fast. Thanx Ivan and Stephen ridiculously awesome customer service!
You are certainly welcome and the thanks belong to you. I appreciate your Business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarowa View Post
just received tracking #. Thanks Ivan
You bet!! Thank you as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
ORDERED!
Thanks Matt. I appreciate your correspondance and communication in getting these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenti View Post
Ordered the Shorty Headers and Catback Exhaust! Woohoo! Thanks, Ivan!
Southwest Speed thanks you for your business! I know you will enjoy your COMPLETE Doug Thorley EXHAUST!!!

Quote:
Damn, that was fast! Got tracking numbers too, already. Delivery scheduled for Friday!

Awesomesauce

Thank you for teaching me a new word today!

If any of you care to leave any feedback that might help others in their shopping endeavors in the future, please feel free to drop a line in the Vendors Feedback section! Or even the Trader Rating if ya actually made some purchases.

I'd appreciate it.

To all those involved and still shopping, I personally thank you for your time, patience, effort, enthousiasm and trust while we got these out for everyone. I know you will be more than satisfied with your purchases for many years to come and if you ever need anything, Southwest Speed (I) will be here long after the sale.

Respectfully,
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Last edited by Ivan @ Southwest Speed; 08-27-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:38 PM   #256
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Once again..I'm thinking the DTs plus your Magnaflows will =
Nick at D/T said it shouldn't change the tone much if at all, I hope it sounds like scrmmg's did with the JBA/ MRT2 setup. He had a deeper sound and a little more growl when he added the shorties. And by the way when I opened the box and saw them in person didn't realize how little they are! Used to v8 headers and these are small.Also wieghed them each at about 4-1/2 lbs only.

Will keep you posted, may get er done sooner then Friday!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:00 AM   #257
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Nick at D/T said it shouldn't change the tone much if at all, I hope it sounds like scrmmg's did with the JBA/ MRT2 setup. He had a deeper sound and a little more growl when he added the shorties. And by the way when I opened the box and saw them in person didn't realize how little they are! Used to v8 headers and these are small.Also wieghed them each at about 4-1/2 lbs only.

Out of curiousity, let us know what the OEM manifolds end up weighing.

I know the V8 ones are close to 38 lbs.

Ivan
Old 08-27-2010, 08:26 AM   #258
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
Hell, between the catback and the shorties if I can shed 40-50 lbs. off my Camaro while gaining some HP, Torque and a killer soundtrack, I'll be that much happier.

I'm stoked that the headers should be in today (after ordering them on Wednesday afternoon), and the catback should be here on Monday!

Thanks again for your diligence in sticking with the community and giving us updates on the product during the wait, Ivan; not to mention giving us some killer deals!

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #259
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Quote:
Hell, between the catback and the shorties if I can shed 40-50 lbs. off my Camaro while gaining some HP, Torque and a killer soundtrack, I'll be that much happier.

I'm stoked that the headers should be in today (after ordering them on Wednesday afternoon), and the catback should be here on Monday!

Thanks again for your diligence in sticking with the community and giving us updates on the product during the wait, Ivan; not to mention giving us some killer deals!
Awesomness!

You're welcome. I believe in Karma and the whole "what goes around, comes around" theory. Treat people good and it's the ONLY way to do business. There are too many people here who just "sell, sell, sell." They could care less about what happens after the sale and you'll never hear from them again.

The best part about it is that hardly any of them have probably never even owned a Camaro!

Be passionate about your customers and take care of them....that's all that matters.

Anxious to see all your setups here soon!

Have a great weekend everyone.
Ivan
Old 08-27-2010, 11:42 AM   #260
KMPrenger

Quote:

Yeah, I don't think it will be a huge change...but I do think you will get maybe a slightly lower tone. Bigger change that I tend to see from these is that your note tends to take on more of a muscular burble/rumble.

So thats why I think it will sound great!
Old 08-27-2010, 01:20 PM   #261
hotty toddy
Hellll yes! Damnnn right!

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1LT
Does anyone have a guess as to what these would sound like with a set of high-flow cats? I'm seriously thinking about getting a set of Solo cats.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:09 PM   #262
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotty toddy View Post
Does anyone have a guess as to what these would sound like with a set of high-flow cats? I'm seriously thinking about getting a set of Solo cats.
To each his own, but wouldn't just going full LTs with high flow cats be a better option? Cheaper and easier to install that that route.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:17 PM   #263
shakenbk

Drives: 2011 RED LT/RS
woohoo just got my headers in.. now i just have to wait until monday to get them installed...!!!
shakenbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:39 PM   #264
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Out of curiousity, let us know what the OEM manifolds end up weighing.

I know the V8 ones are close to 38 lbs.

Ivan
Will do
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #265
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yeah, I don't think it will be a huge change...but I do think you will get maybe a slightly lower tone. Bigger change that I tend to see from these is that your note tends to take on more of a muscular burble/rumble.

So thats why I think it will sound great!
I think exactly what we are all looking for!!
Old 08-28-2010, 01:29 AM   #266
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
My shop quoted me $385 for installing these. Does that sound on-par with what you guys are getting? I realize it varies geographically, but just wanna get a ballpark here.