Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-05-2021, 10:56 PM   #1
Ssls1v8

Drives: Cheverolet Camaro ZL1
Track Compliance

Hey guys bought my car last year January and never registered for the forum until now, but been reading here and there. Looking to track my car at Laguna for the first time on April 10. I have a corsa exhaust which is way to loud. Is there anyway to have some kind of silencer made to quiet it down? Any other way to quiet the exhaust down? I've seen some people have pipes made facing away from the sound booth, but idk if that will really work. Also what are you guys doing for rear tow hook? I saw a thread where someone had a rear hitch built, but wondering if anyone came up with anything else. Thanks in advance.
Ssls1v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:25 PM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
For sound just google "laguna pipes." Plenty of examples out there. They tend to work decently well depending on weather, and if they don't fully work you can get away with lifting throttle a little bit when you go past the sound booth. And not trying to be a smart a**, but the next best thing would be to go back to stock exhaust since that has a muffler that is specifically designed to reduce engine noise on your car, but you still might need some sort of laguna pipes to pass sound even with that (as some other members have found).

I personally don't run a rear tow hook, but best bet is probably to either get a rear hitch like you mentioned or there are also kits out there where you remove the license plate to reveal a hole where you can thread the tow hook into the crash beam. There's not really any good structural part to attach to besides the crash bar on the rear which is why there are limited options.
Old 02-06-2021, 09:37 AM   #3
Badmojo
aka BeastZL1

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE, 2004 Cobra
The exhaust isn't the only source of noise. The blower whine can also break the limit. On a stock exhaust ZL1 with a pulley my friend had to lift or upshift at the noise station.
Old 02-06-2021, 10:18 AM   #4
oneplustwo

Drives: 2018 Torch Red SS 1LE with Whipple
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=586579
Old 02-10-2021, 09:11 PM   #5
Ssls1v8

Drives: Cheverolet Camaro ZL1
Thanks for the help guys ill most likely go with Laguna pipes as well as lift off the throttle when near the sound booth. I also read that some people use something called supertrap, does that help?

Ya imma just leave the rear tow hooks.
Ssls1v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:41 PM   #6
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I feel like I know the answer, but is there any chance a ZL1 with AWE touring catback, and 2nd cats deleted can pass sound at Laguna with proper Laguna tips???

What about Sonoma??
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #7
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
I feel like I know the answer, but is there any chance a ZL1 with AWE touring catback, and 2nd cats deleted can pass sound at Laguna with proper Laguna tips???

What about Sonoma??
I don't think you have a chance at passing sound at Laguna.

Sonoma is 103, there was a few fairly loud cars there when I was there, and they were all fine. I've also had a guy tell me his stock ZR1 failed sound at thunderhill which is 103.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 09:18 PM   #8
SS_1LE

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Laguna is typically mid 90 db sound allowance. From time to time the do a high noise allowance date which is usually 105db. If I remember correctly, sound meter is at turn 6. Just let off there and you will be fine.
SS_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote