Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-17-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
E85 pin location 2021 LT1

I just installed a E85 sensor kit and wanted to report what I found regarding #38 pin location on the ECM harness. I have watched the lethal garage video 3 times regarding install of this kit. The video shows there is a grey removeable pin in the #38 pin location so the white wire with the pin on the end will go down into the hole and clip in place. There is no grey removeable pin in #38, there is a black slug (looks like pencil lead) in the wire side of the hole. That has to be pushed (forced or broken out of the hole) from the underside. Be careful not to damage the plastic clip in the hole that the wire you put in there clips onto. I may have partially damaged mine as there is no audible click when the wire pin is in place.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:07 PM   #2
SS_1LE

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Same with mine. I punched the black slug out and it has worked well with no issues
SS_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:20 PM   #3
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I pulled #38 out from the same side the wires enter. Could you see the raider plastic tabs that are molded into the harness after you pushed it out?

I remember pushing the signal wire in with a good amount of persuasion before hearing the “click”.

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:19 AM   #4
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I pulled #38 out from the same side the wires enter. Could you see the raider plastic tabs that are molded into the harness after you pushed it out?

I remember pushing the signal wire in with a good amount of persuasion before hearing the “click”.
I couldnt get a good look inside the # 38 pin location hole from the wire side, I just know the black plastic slug in the hole was gone after working on it. The piece in the hole seems to be molded in there, its not just a tight fitting slug. I also noticed that 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 and 39 all had wires. A little different than the video I watched which was a 2016 or 2017 SS.
Old 03-18-2021, 08:22 AM   #5
lt4camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_1LE View Post
Same with mine. I punched the black slug out and it has worked well with no issues
That is certainly good to hear, I was wondering maybe the 2021 made the change to indicate no E85 capability. Did your car tune ok for the E85?