Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2021, 09:30 AM   #5083
Boost Creep


 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post


I'm all for public safety, but traffic/speed cameras are just more governmental theft from the population.

Waste the money they steal to buy expensive equipment to harvest more stolen money from the peasants.

If safety were a concern, an officer would be dispatched to enforce the laws as they happen, rather then send an extortion note in the mail two to three weeks later.
__________________
'18 1SS 1LE Black, PDR
Boost Creep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:10 AM   #5084
Vegas Bound


 
Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hospitality State
Posts: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post


I'm all for public safety, but traffic/speed cameras are just more governmental theft from the population.

Waste the money they steal to buy expensive equipment to harvest more stolen money from the peasants.

If safety were a concern, an officer would be dispatched to enforce the laws as they happen, rather then send an extortion note in the mail two to three weeks later.
If you hadn't broken the law, you wouldn't have received the extortion note in the mail.
__________________
Lots of bolt on stuff
Bests in each category
0.000 - RT
1.36 - 60'
6.29 - 1/8 mile Xtreme Raceway Park, Dallas
10.18 - 1/4 mile The Strip at Las Vegas (+5000 DA/2200 elevation)
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:49 AM   #5085
Boost Creep


 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
If you hadn't broken the law, you wouldn't have received the extortion note in the mail.
I'm not arguing whether or not I broke the law.
I'm saying that the law they are enforcing has little to do with public safety, and is all about revenue generation.

This is just a modern day speed trap run by corrupt jurisdictions.

It's already been proven that many "speed limits" are arbitrary and just used to pad local budgets.

__________________
'18 1SS 1LE Black, PDR
Boost Creep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:52 AM   #5086
Vegas Bound


 
Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hospitality State
Posts: 2,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I'm not arguing whether or not I broke the law.
I'm saying that the law they are enforcing has little to do with public safety, and is all about revenue generation.

This is just a modern day speed trap run by corrupt jurisdictions.

It's already been proven that many "speed limits" are arbitrary and just used to pad local budgets.

Then drive around them. Most laws are arbitrary. You have 3 choices. Follow them and enjoy your day, break them and pay the price, change them.
__________________
Lots of bolt on stuff
Bests in each category
0.000 - RT
1.36 - 60'
6.29 - 1/8 mile Xtreme Raceway Park, Dallas
10.18 - 1/4 mile The Strip at Las Vegas (+5000 DA/2200 elevation)
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:06 PM   #5087
Rob3D

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
I'm not arguing whether or not I broke the law.
I'm saying that the law they are enforcing has little to do with public safety, and is all about revenue generation.

This is just a modern day speed trap run by corrupt jurisdictions.

It's already been proven that many "speed limits" are arbitrary and just used to pad local budgets.

Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 01:25 PM   #5088
Boost Creep


 
Boost Creep's Avatar
 
Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Pennsyltucky
Posts: 2,339
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3D View Post
lol

Just to be clear, I understand 15mph through school zones, 25 in residential, 35 in commercial, lower limits for road features and conditions such as curves and poor road surfaces, construction zones etc.

I'm talking about a road where the speed limit is constant through an area and changes to a lower limit with the only difference is jurisdiction. Other places where artificially low limits are set, like they were determined 50 years ago with cars and '60's technology.

This might just be a regional thing as I live in the NE part of the US where corruption is rampant.

__________________
'18 1SS 1LE Black, PDR
Boost Creep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 03:12 PM   #5089
Rob3D

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Here
Posts: 886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
lol

Just to be clear, I understand 15mph through school zones, 25 in residential, 35 in commercial, lower limits for road features and conditions such as curves and poor road surfaces, construction zones etc.

I'm talking about a road where the speed limit is constant through an area and changes to a lower limit with the only difference is jurisdiction. Other places where artificially low limits are set, like they were determined 50 years ago with cars and '60's technology.

This might just be a regional thing as I live in the NE part of the US where corruption is rampant.

I’m gonna use that next time I’m pulled over. “Officer, that’s an artificial speed limit. If I were driving a ‘67 Camaro I’d accept the ticket, but not today chief, I’m in a 2010.”
Rob3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:33 PM   #5090
Whoomba

 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT RS vert
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 858
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #5091
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 13,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Obviously ISIS thinks this is a relic worshipped as a false god that must be destroyed.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 05:54 PM   #5092
genxer
 
Drives: multiple cars
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 193
genxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 07:36 AM   #5093
Vegas Bound


 
Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Hospitality State
Posts: 2,560
The heartbeat of my new build.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Lots of bolt on stuff
Bests in each category
0.000 - RT
1.36 - 60'
6.29 - 1/8 mile Xtreme Raceway Park, Dallas
10.18 - 1/4 mile The Strip at Las Vegas (+5000 DA/2200 elevation)
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 03:11 PM   #5094
trm2
 
Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Creep View Post
This might just be a regional thing as I live in the NE part of the US where corruption is rampant.
I loved it back in the day when the PA turnpike had signs posted like
speeding:
70-75 mph $100 fine
76-80 $125
81-85 $150
And I’d be like pfft, I can afford that.

*those were not necessarily the right figures, but the right sentiment.
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:09 PM   #5095
Camaro_QC

 
Camaro_QC's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 Tiburon GS, 2018 Camaro 2.0T
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Québec
Posts: 1,571
In Ontario they have the same... Like
110km/h=100$
120km/h=150$
150km/h=10,000$

My feeling is always: "woooo, that escalated quickly"

But I never go over 107 so I'm good.
__________________
2018 Camaro LS | 6 spd | 2.0L turbo | Nightfall Grey | RS package | Technology Package.
---------------------
Order WDGHKX
1100 - 5/08/2018 | 3800 - 6/18/2018
2000 - 5/09/2018 | 4200 - 6/21/2018
3000 - 5/28/2018 | 5000 - 6/27/2018
6000 - 6/29/2018
Camaro_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 04:49 PM   #5096
1JEWLDSSRS


 
1JEWLDSSRS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Join Date: May 2011
Location: FLORIDA
Posts: 4,494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
The heartbeat of my new build.
lol, nice crate motor Vegas!! What's the HP and TQ?? Also would be pretty efficient on fuel!!
__________________
TSP STAGE 3 CAM,231/246 @112 LSA 614/641 LIFT, CIRCLE D 5C-4200-4500 CONVERTER,LOD INTAKE.CORSA EXHAUST. DSS 1 PC DS. PEGASUS SOLID CRADLE MOUNTS. 486RWTQ/475RWHP.LOTS MORE.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.