Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Europe

Old 10-06-2008, 11:58 AM   #15
PIR3lly

Drives: BMW M3
Hey guys!
I've just been in contact with some dutch "US car importers" to see if I can get a new Camaro early in holland.
Unfortunately we have a so called "slurp tax", which is an extra tax on cars that consume more than standard. The Camaro is one of these...

Most importers think that the car will cost me about 85.000 till 95.000 euros for the 2ss model!!!
Yeah, that's about 120.000 dollars........
Taxes are really crazy over here.
So I'll probably wait untill you can get it at the local gm dealers and just hope the prices are a bit better.
PIR3lly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 AM   #16
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^It will NOT be that expensive. That's like Corvette Z06 territory! I panicked a while back since the only dealers that have thrown up ads for the camaro put it at 560K Swedish Crownes (roughly converted 58K Euro), and that's just crazy since its competition for the Mustang which is import in Eruope and the Mustang is priced at about 350K Swedish crownes (about 37K Euro). And as said that's an import.

Don't worry, the pricing will a lot less then that, expect closer to the Mustangs pricing.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:05 AM   #17
PIR3lly

Drives: BMW M3
Maybe it will be a bit cheaper.
But in sweden you don't have that "slurp tax". That tax is around 18.000 euros more and all new cars build after feb. 2008 will have that tax (higher or lower depending on fuel economy).

A mustang gt500 build before feb. 2008 is gonna cost me 60.000 euros in the netherlands (after import prices, vat, warranty, etc). That's without the extra tax. If it's build after feb. 2008 it's gonna be around 80.000
PIR3lly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 AM   #18
suki

Drives: Ford Puma
Today it says the us dealerships are taking orders. Someone should call random chevy dealer, and ask to buy it in us by a "friend" and ask if car could be EU spec, probably not, but when?
Pricing from 22k us, thats like peanuts over here in europe. I'v been lurking for any eu info and some say only v8 6l will be available - that means 60k eu minimum. In croatia, iv done some importing in past but not from us, duty taxes and all other state ripoffs amount to max 35-40% of price in us. So if 25k us (lt i quess) is 18 500 eur and you pay 45% (8 350 euro) for duties it comes to 26 800 - and lets count for 3500 to pay for shipping and insurance of container (very important) and registration - 30k euro for this piece of beauty, and a compromise of v6 with leather - (lt model) its a great small guzzler hey its a crisis we all have to make compromises

more info on ordering (one pdf brochure with preproduction pics, omg)
http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/insi...y/?id=cid00031
suki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #19
Mr.Rabbit

Drives: Saab 93
So, has anyone asked someone who can say if the car can be EU speced?
Mr.Rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:09 AM   #20
kingkitse

Drives: GMC Sierra K1500 & '69 Camaro
The best and most cost-efficient way to get the Camaro (2SS/Rs of course...) in Europe WITHOUT paying all those taxes like:
- BTW:import tax (19% of vehicle + shipping and insurace cost)
- BPM: motorvehicle tax (42% of net vehicle costs)
- "slup tax" (fuell consumption tax... typically dutch)

This is by moving to the US for a while, buy the Camaro, get the vehicle registration on your name for at least 1 year, then (or a bit later if you like where you live...) move back to Europe and the car can and will be seen as "private property" together with the bike, tv, furniture and whatever you decide to bring to Europe.... without paying tax!

Just the slurp tax still needs to be paid to get a licence in holland.... ****in' tree huggers!

kingkitse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:55 AM   #21
leifhain

Drives: lancia delta integrale
Buying from a European GM dealer is out of the question if they stick to their usual policy, which means in the end we pay almost twice the US MSRP. Suppose we help ourselves and buy our LS2RS in Canada. Roughly: Car = 35000 CAD$ (22.200 EUR), shipping = 1.000 EUR, taxes (23.000 x 1,10 import) x 1,15 TAV = 29.000 EUR. Could be 10.000 EUR cheaper than buying from GM Europe. In Belgium the taxman is a lesser thief than in the Netherlands. We pay only 5.000 EUR additional registration tax and of course a yearly 1.400 EUR road tax. A bargain.

Last edited by leifhain; 03-28-2009 at 04:06 AM.
leifhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #22
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Agree with you dude. Actually - depends on the country - you can go even lower than that: ask a friend to buy the car and resell it to you. Now the tax is lower coz' it's used and not new.
Then ask him to leave the car outside for a few weeks, and remove some parts (like bumper or something) and put it in the car or send it separately. Then you can declare a decreased value.

I don't really remember the tax rate, but you can declare a brand new SS for something like 10 or 15k lower if you make it look like a crapy car. Remember customs people won't probably know that car.
Old 03-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #23
sebicorv

Drives: Ford Fiesta
Another solution may be to use only a company specializing in the import of vehicle. They deal only import. After it has to be approved by the EU regulation adaptation.

http://www.americaronline.com/fr/cal...portation.html

For example, a 2LT RS, 30 000$ in USA --> 38 890€ to France.

After add 4 000€ for the EU regulation adaptation.

The price start to be interesting.
sebicorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:26 PM   #24
SSwitzerland

Drives: black 2SS & chopped Grand Le Mans
some news from switzerland

hi folks
this afternoon i spoke with a serous -dealer here in berne/switzerland... he had gm-news! first of all.. the camaros will be official imported from gm-europe and will come to at least germany an switzerland in 2010! they speak from both, the sixer and the v-8!
conserning the prices they speak in the moment from max. 50'000 euros for a fully loaded ss/rs.. little bit much i think
a other thing he told me, d'ont know i can believe... because the gm-disaster in us the lead of gm-europe is thinking about to make a overtake... means all gm-group would be under control of europe.... may be or not...
for me personally i probably will make detail-calculations between a official-buy and self-import... think there could be about 8keuros less if i'd make the adventure... hmmmm
SSwitzerland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 03:22 PM   #25
sebicorv

Drives: Ford Fiesta
Good news!

But for the price, it's a few like with this french dealer :
http://www.teamfj.com/news/motors/Ch...amaro_0209.pdf

Sorry it"s french

For each version, add the price for regulation adaptation : 3 900€
sebicorv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #26
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Oddly enough those prices lands it about where the import dealer I'm thinking of going with is taking for it. Seems more and more that for me, there's really no reason to wait once I have the money to buy it.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:54 AM   #27
rmichaels

Drives: camaro
Best to contact a local car dealer if they can do it on your behalf, with all the paperworks. You will only pay and wait. Just be sure it's a reputable company and it's fully insured up to it's entire valuation.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #28
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I posted this in another thread....

Trouble is GM will not allow exporting of new vehicles. It's hard to get them into Canada let alone overseas. GM says the vehicle has to be registered in the US for 3 months or 3,000 miles before they will allow it to be exprted. It will be absolutely impossible to order one with the specs your country requires because GM is not building them for your market yet. Like others have said, you will need big $$$ to get someone to purchase the vehcile for you, register it to their address, hold it for 3 months, and then ship it to you.

GM knows that they make a much larger profit margin in other countries than they do here. That's why they are so active in preventing their vehicles from being shipped overseas. A dealer who knowingly orders you a vehicle for export risks having their dealers license revoked and losing their Chevrolet franchise. We run into this issue all the time. I spoke with a guy the other day who wanted 10 2SS's and offered to pay cash for them up front. Needless to say, we couldn't make the deal. This also happens a lot with Corvettes.

The only loop hole in everything that is that if you can buy one "used" you can export it that day.

Trust me, I've been in this business a long time. Exporting is nothing but brain damage.