Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 12:58 AM   #155
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
It's a simple auction. It's not price gouging, the customers set the market. Some of you need to back off, you're taking someone else's sound business practices personal because you are not the one's to benefit. He didn't order cars for customers, he sold them however he wanted. It is his right. All this attacking, negativity and mob mentality is uncalled for.
It is price gouging when you set the reserve higher than the MSRP +ebay fee's etc..... Anyways the point we are all upset about is not the gouging but the refusal to sell these two allocations to customers for the pre-orders in order for him to use them to sell on e-bay.. This is the real reason why we are upset. I have no problem with people putting their cars on e-bay and there is no reason to make it sound like that is the only reason why we are upset...And then you seem to ignore his statement below... Are you not upset at waht he said about a loyal 20 year customer that has bought over 20 vehicles from him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALISBURYCHEVROLET View Post
I think at 43 it is barely a rip-off. And I caused no one to lose orders Master Chief. This will be my last post. Those cars were allocated to me and I have the rite to do what I please with them. (Why dont you get a job as a General Manager and then you can make the decisions and be questioned about them) No you could not take it because you hide behind your computer throwing insults. You know where I am why dont you do it face to face and be a man. I even offered to help you even though we had never met. Like I have said I am sorry others are waiting a long time but it is out of my control. But I had the reserve low and it sold. I am done with the back and forth. All I have to say Master Chief..With your attitude I am glad not to have you as a customer. I know who you are and with guys like you posting all it does is hurt this site. (But they can be the judge of that). I have enough good ones to make me survive. Thats all. Dan
This one is for your Former customers you have belittled on here...Take a hike..And don't let the door hit you on the way out.. And I'm sure your former customer who has given you lots of money over the years and word of mouth support is also glad he finally knows the real Salisbury Chevrolet and their price gouging tactics and weasel like lies..

Quote:
Camaro Scotty thank you for at least understanding. As for the guy that came in I do not ever remember that situation happening. And I think Scotty will agree that it could even be a local competitor just trying to stir up trouble. As Scotty stated I got allocated a few and I did not hurt any local buyers by putting them on Ebay. I waited till after the pre-order period and then asked for a few. And that is where I stand. Thanks again Scotty for at least adding a little more of the inside information. Thanks..Dan
Tell that to those who drove to your dealership and were lied to about the Camaro.. Tell that to your 20 year faithful customer you thru under the bus..

Last edited by Supermans; 04-13-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:46 AM   #156
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
It is price gouging when you set the reserve higher than the MSRP +ebay fee's etc..... Anyways the point we are all upset about is not the gouging but the refusal to sell these two allocations to customers for the pre-orders in order for him to use them to sell on e-bay.. This is the real reason why we are upset. I have no problem with people putting their cars on e-bay and there is no reason to make it sound like that is the only reason why we are upset...And then you seem to ignore his statement below... Are you not upset at waht he said about a loyal 20 year customer that has bought over 20 vehicles from him?

This one is for your Former customers you have belittled on here...Take a hike..And don't let the door hit you on the way out.. And I'm sure your former customer who has given you lots of money over the years and word of mouth support is also glad he finally knows the real Salisbury Chevrolet and their price gouging tactics and weasel like lies..

Tell that to those who drove to your dealership and were lied to about the Camaro.. Tell that to your 20 year faithful customer you thru under the bus..
the car shopper was basically told no pre-orders, bid on ebay for it. Where's the big deal? 20 years or not, the dealership is not obligated to do anything. Maybe if he was patient, in a few months the dealership would have been willing to do his preorder for him. But with this car, the dealership has to take advantage of the timing/situation right now and find out and get what the market sets the price at.

Last edited by THE EVIL TW1N; 04-13-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:27 AM   #157
tommygun6644

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Cobalt LT
Quote:
Black 67..enough said. I am done..Have had enough of the character assasination anyway. I have enough customers and they know how my customer service is. I am done trying to make friends in the forum. Seems like no matter what way you do it their will be people that do not like it. Thanks for the attack on someone you do not even know.CYA..Dan
Nobody has even attacked you personally here. I came into Salisbury, and was told to go bid for it on eBay. So I went to Denooyer and they gladly placed an order for me, and couldn't believe what Salisbury was doing.

I live blocks from Salisbury, and about 20 minutes from Deenoyer. So I hope the few extra grand you may or may not get from the Camaros is worth the amount of customers you drove away.

For the record, the salesperson in Salisbury I spoke to who shall remain nameless told me he didn't think what you were doing was at all fair.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #158
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
the car shopper was basically told no pre-orders, bid on ebay for it. Where's the big deal? 20 years or not, the dealership is not obligated to do anything. Maybe if he was patient, in a few months the dealership would have been willing to do his preorder for him. But with this car, the dealership has to take advantage of the timing/situation right now and find out and get what the market sets the price at.
The "big deal" is that Salisbury lied at least twice, claiming that no one attempted to pre-order the cars and claiming that they could deliver by 4/15. Lying in order to get someone's money is a pretty big deal.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 04-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #159
richardhoggard
VIN 2G1FJ1EJXA9102937

Drives: Everyone knows what I drive!
Quote:
I have deleted my past posts because I fail to see the need to keep this up. None of my cars on Ebay ever stated a delivery date of 4/15. I actually stated they would not hit here till May (And they will) I never spoke to any of the two people accusing me of not ordering them cars. I stated my reasons for ordering the cars for stock. Although it has made some people upset it is what it is. I took no money from anyone. yet people still seem to make comments about things they have no knowledge of. I ordered the cars for stock and put the first two I got allocated on Ebay. it is that simple. (whether you agree with it or not it is allowed and done often) Yet people still keep getting their facts wrong. This is doing no one any good. So feel how you feel I tried from the start to at least communicate with members of this forum. Dan
I have a question for you... On the Chevy website, it specifically states that a dealer must submit a customer name for a bona-fide pre-order... Did you use a fake name?

When your men get home and face an anti-war protestor, tell them to look in his eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she is dating a wuss. - General Tommy Franks

Old 04-13-2009, 10:47 AM   #160
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
And we're closed

Thanks everyone for being objective and honest about this topic. But, it's begun to head down hill with nothing new.

richard, I'd love to hear the answer to your question, but I don't think I want this thread to go off the deep end.

If anyone has issue with me closing this, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss it offline.

Closed Thread