Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2014 Camaro5 Fest (V)

Old 05-05-2014, 08:45 AM   #29
Dark Helmet

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
Damn, that Jordan guy is fast!!
only a couple of tenths faster than me LOL
Dark Helmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #30
Dark Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleblank View Post
Thanks Jordan for getting in my car and giving me some suggestions. Unfortunately I didn't get any more runs to try to figure out corner 2.
Yep corner 2 was tricky.. even for me.. but once I smoothed it out a bit and took it about 3 inches wider than I did before.. made a big difference on the speed I could carry through the slalom.. and that was the key to this short but fast course.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:51 AM   #31
Dark Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat 2SS View Post
It was all about the turns anyway. Suspension and the driver mattered more than power.

www.h-towncamaroclub.com
Absolutely true.. any autocrosser will tell you the same thing.. I just like my big car.. this is why I lose to Miata's and s2000's is because they are smaller lighter and keep the power down when I can't...it's all about momentum management :-)
Old 05-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #32
Dark Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
No idea who that is, but does Casey drive a 1LE? They were putting 1LE's in the C4 class, regardless of mods. Had they put Casey in C3 that would have bumped my fourth place finish in C4 to third and in a trophy spot

Regardless, I had an absolute blast! So much so that I didn't even bother with the car show OR drag racing. It was really fun to watch and ride with Jordan @ JDP. What an amazing car & driver!
I'm glad you had a blast.. It was fun to meet you guys and try to help ya'll get a better time on the course.. which is the whole point of the event.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:02 AM   #33
Dark Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Yea, the man can drive.

Camarocross is never without some controversy, it happens every year.

Baylor, Casey does not have a 1LE and he was the winner of C3 class last year. He did not make any Power adding changes to his car and by the rules should have been in the same class. However, Casey being the laid back guy he is just rolled with it and almost decimated C4 anyway. I mean without the extra power the guys in C4 have, he was damn close to winning.

NICE JOB Casey!!!!!

Congrats Chris.
To the rest, I will just smile.

T.
Casey was .33 tenths out of Second place (me)..I was .094 from first with a stock unmodified 1le.... So, given your logic, I should have been in c2 with the stock V8's but I didn't complain about being put in c4 either.. just rolled what I had... Like I said in my other posts.. the point of these events are to have fun, meet new people and maybe learn some things you didn't know before.. the competition is fun too but it's all about the friendships we build; not the controversy we can create for other people...I hope the fun had by all was worth the price of admission
Old 05-05-2014, 09:09 AM   #34
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Helmet View Post
Absolutely true.. any autocrosser will tell you the same thing.. I just like my big car.. this is why I lose to Miata's and s2000's is because they are smaller lighter and keep the power down when I can't...it's all about momentum management :-)
The miata's can hold momentum really well.

That is a bad ass helmet you got there
Old 05-05-2014, 09:17 AM   #35
woodside783
Casey Woodside

Drives: a very fun car
Quote:
Casey was .33 tenths out of Second place (me)..I was .094 from first with a stock unmodified 1le.... So, given your logic, I should have been in c2 with the stock V8's but I didn't complain about being put in c4 either.. just rolled what I had... Like I said in my other posts.. the point of these events are to have fun, meet new people and maybe learn some things you didn't know before.. the competition is fun too but it's all about the friendships we build; not the controversy we can create for other people...I hope the fun had by all was worth the price of admission
I had a ton of fun and look how close it was made it real interesting.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:21 AM   #36
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
My GoPro went out on me part of the way through, but here are two of my runs from Friday afternoon.

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #37
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
And here is another video from a different view that my Fiance' took. (When she wasn't riding along! - I think she may have had more fun than I did!)

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #38
Dark Helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodside783 View Post
The miata's can hold momentum really well.

That is a bad ass helmet you got there
Thanks.. you were doing well out there too
Old 05-05-2014, 03:06 PM   #39
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
I had an awesome time and want to thank everyone who spent countless hours planning, preparing and working the event!!! The course was short but it was very challenging and fun!!! I have an awesome team that support my Camaro and without Aimee, Jeremy and Tyler I wouldn't be as competitive as I am; we pulled some all nighters to get ready for the event but it all paid off!!! The JDP Track Spec Camaro was absolutely incredible running a 22.5!!! What people don't realize is it is a full weight daily driven Camaro with a stock bottom end... It truly is a street car (Class 4) that can run with purpose built track cars and that is a testament to what we've built.

We have some awesome support from the best manufactures at Detroit Speed, JRI Shocks, Driveshaft Shop, Stainless Works, Forgeline, BTR, Roto-Fab, VMAX, Elite Engineering, HAWK and many others. We wouldn't be able to do what we do without them and they are a huge part of our success. We have hands on knowledge of every product we offer and that is what separates us from the rest.

It was an absolute pleasure helping those that wanted it and I made a TON of new friends this weekend! That is what makes these things so much fun and sliding around isn't too bad either! Thank you everyone who participated and I can't wait until next year!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE801 View Post
Damn, that Jordan guy is fast!!
I can't wait to get you out there!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubleblank View Post
Thanks Jordan for getting in my car and giving me some suggestions. Unfortunately I didn't get any more runs to try to figure out corner 2.
No problem!!!! Hopefully you can still take some of that to the next autocross and build on it!!! Your Camaro was very well put together and I had fun driving it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Regardless, I had an absolute blast! So much so that I didn't even bother with the car show OR drag racing. It was really fun to watch and ride with Jordan @ JDP. What an amazing car & driver!
It was great meeting you and I'm looking forward to those video's!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
I had an absolute blast! Thanks again to everyone who put the CamaroCross event together, it was a super great time! And thanks to Jordan with JDP as well for the awesome coaching and for taking my ride for a spin, showing me my car could make it into the 25's!

Sent from my New and Improved Phablet!
I had a great time as well and it was my pleasure!!! I can't wait for the next one!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo40oz View Post
I had a blast driving in the CamaroCross. I also had a blast riding with Joe in the Stingray and with Jordan in the JDP Camaro BEAST! I want to thank all of the organizers and general CamaroCross team one more time - y'all did a hell of a job.

I was only able to match up a few people to screen names....I was in the IOM SS in C2, #129, Aaron
It was a pleasure meeting you! It really was a great event!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
If I learned anything over this weekend it was how important driver skill is over anything else. Very impressive times being laid down by V6s out there. I was thrilled just to be able to compete and progressively improved my times with help from Brad and Jordan. This was my first time Camarocrossing and my first time driving at all in competitive mode. I didn't trophy but I cracked into the 25s and survived the weekend with some wild and wooly runs without clipping a cone. I thought the whole event was set up as well as could be expected and all was done safely and to my knowledge no cars were damaged. I had a blast and couldn't imagine attending a fest without participating in this event. Great job done by all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr8865 View Post
I'd just like to give Jordan at standing ovation. Not for his driving (he is a great driver) but for taking the time to spend all day at the CAMAROCROSS event. He took the time to talk to everyone that came up to him or wanted him to ride or drive.
I don't think Jordan ever stopped smiling.
I really appreciate it! It was great working with everyone and being able to share my experience and knowledge to help others have an excellent time!!! We were able to get a Rental V6 with a first time autocrosser into 1st Place in one day... That is exceptional!!!

Quote:
I would like to thank the Silvins for inviting me out to the Camaro Fest 5 CAMAROCROSS Next yes there is always controversy but it usually evens out in the end 3rd I had a blast meeting everyone, helping everyone get better with their lines and speed through the course. Yes I drive a "bone stock" 1le but they put me in C4 too. (even though there is nothing done to my car) However, I was less than a tenth out of first on Sat and during my 2nd fun run I dipped a 23.3...The biggest thing about the fest is NOT the competition but the camaraderie and the new people and connections we make and build. The competition is fun (don't get me wrong) and Me Mark and Jordan were pushing each other to the limits. But the meet is the most important. I'm trying to post the vids of my runs but having some problems (if anyone can help would be appreciated)... I would also like to thank the rest of the Camaro Cross Staff Ray Jerimiah, Pete, and the ladies working timing and scoring and of course Safety Joe and All the rest (I'm never good with names but ya'll know who you are). Without ya'll the Cross would not have happened. I'm just glad I had the opportunity to meet ya'll and everyone else... If I rode with you or gave you pointers, keep practicing, practice will make you better.. I was only a half second behind Jordan's best time and less than a tenth behind Mark....They're going to have to get better cause I'll have a race alignment done for the next one Brad Walker aka Dark Helmet
Quote:
only a couple of tenths faster than me LOL
It was only 9 tenths but who's counting...

In all seriousness it was a pleasure meeting you and I had a blast running with you!!! Until the next event!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:21 PM   #40
racer778
Camaro Sold

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS/RS
Stingray

First I would like to thank the Crew of the CamaroCross that I worked with this past weekend. It was a fun-filled and "SAFE" event that was completed with no one hurt and no damage to any of vehicles (Cones excluded). I would also like to thank the Drivers and Spectators who helped make this an uneventful but memorable event. (no Hotheads).
Although instead of bringing a Camaro to the event I brought a fish, I still felt that I was a part of the Camaro family. Yes, for those of you that asked I sold my Carbon Fiber Camaro "Stealth SS" for the Blue Fish you saw leaving tread on the pavement at the CamaroCross. (Yes I need new tires). I thoroughly enjoyed giving rides to the Kids, spectators and a GM engineer or two. Becky Rodgers even hopped in for a ride.
With only 3000 miles on my new Stingray and a few tips from one of the GM engineers I was able to pull off some mid 22 second runs. I am just now learning about the capability of this car. A true testament to what the GM engineers are accomplishing with a car available to the public. I hope everyone enjoyed the event as much as I did.

A special shoutout to Pete Basica for allowing me to be your CamaroCross Safety Manager. I hope to be a part of your Crew next year......... as long as your bringing a helmet along with your rental car.
Bring on Camarofest VI!!!!!!!!

PS: If anyone took some pictures my Stingray please E-mail me as the battery in my camera died so I was unable to take any. Thank You
Joe C

Last edited by racer778; 05-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.
racer778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:58 PM   #41
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
I had a great time running in the stock '14 1LE we recently purchased. This was only my 3rd auto-x event in 15 years, but I managed a few 25 sec runs. I'm thoroughly impressed with how the 1LE handles, can't wait to get it out on the roadcourse. It also went 13.0 @ 109 that day, putting down the fastest trap speed of any stock V8 Camaro that entered.

Tony
Old 05-05-2014, 08:53 PM   #42
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer778 View Post
PS: If anyone took some pictures my Stingray please E-mail me as the battery in my camera died so I was unable to take any. Thank You
Joe C
Two good ones here Joe http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356592