Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-03-2016, 04:47 AM   #1
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Overkill Products-80mm Throttle Body, Tuning Service, E85 Kit

As a few of you know, I have the entire line of Overkill Products on its way, or already here, and will be doing some dyno testing back and forth from a standard TB, VMAX TB, and Overkill TB, as well as tuned and not tuned, using Overkill's EFILive Tuning service.

Tuning Service: Will is sending me a few base tunes, an 87 Octane tune, and a 91/93 tune, then we will be datalogging with EFILive and Autocal to fine tune a base tune. The ability to datalog with EFILive and the Autocal is going to prove very beneficial, that way Will can see every little change and can update your custom tune, accordingly. And the nice thing is, once you purchase the service from Will, no more paying for tuning (on that vehicle) again. You make a change, datalog, send it to Will, he will update the tune. Most places charge $50-100 to update a tune.

And, for those of you who are unsure of using a "new guy" in the Camaro world....just google "Overkill tune LFX".....nothing but amazing stuff out there.

80mm Throttle Body: I have received this already, with the needed adapter plate, and instructions. As of right now, it has NOT been installed, as I have the CAI Intake, which has that funky shaped intake tube, so waiting on a few options to test for the silicone elbow. When I receive the elbows and test, I will post up what elbows/parts I have found to be the best fit/finish for the CAI guys. The fact that the 80mm TB sticks out a little farther than the standard/VMAX TB, should help me in finding a proper elbow.

Word of advice when installing the 80mm TB-mount everything up FIRST before siliconing/gasket material-ing the TB and the adapter plate together. The adapter plate can go on multiple ways on the intake manifold. But the TB can only mount up one way, properly. Ill show pictures of this when i go to reinstall.

E85 Flex Fuel Retrofit Kit: This should also get here next week, along with my tuning equipment. Flex Fuel, for a daily driver, is not necessarily desirable or needed. But for maximum performance, especially with F/I, E85 can boost horsepower considerably. Now, that being said, your vehicle must be tuned to run on it as well. With the Flex fuel retrofit kit, the sensor will automatically pickup on the fact that there is E85 and adjust its tuning-AS LONG AS YOUR TUNE IS SETUP PROPERLY. Will's tunes do just that. If you get the E85 kit and Wills tuning service, he will setup the tune for E85 activation for you as well. My intentions with E85 are to maximize performance gains on a N/A engine, with Nitrous coming soon.

So far the service and support I have gotten from Will has been top notch. A little slow on the communication (Sorry Will, gotta let everyone know, just to expect that, so they dont worry), but has always answered all of my questions and has never once overstated or pushed his products on me. He is extremely knowledgable. Never once have i read "well my tune will do THIS, compared to X tune". He is very open and honest about what it should do, and what to expect. I like that. Let the product make the statement. As I said earlier, if you google Overkill Tuning reviews......every single person and review has been incredible.

So, that being said.......here is a picture of the TB. Its here. Just waiting on some intake tubes for testing.

Shawno72 has also received his tuning service....hopefully he will post up with initial thoughts.

I will be updating this thread with my install and information as I get it.
Attached Images

JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
I am so glad you made this post. Will has my factory tune and is creating my base tunes as I type. I should have my first tune to install this evening when I get home from work. Around here in central Cali we only access to 91 octane and no E85 but with Will's tune I am excited to get this going. I will second that Will has at times been a little slow to respond (he is very busy) but once I installed my Autocal and pulled my factory tune to email Will, his response was almost immediate. I did this after 8 o'clock last night and he said that he would look at it shortly so I'm hoping it will be here early today, I just wish I had access to a computer at work
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:12 AM   #3
waytoofast

Drives: dark
shawno where in cali are you ? i'm in stockton and my son runs E85 on his WRX
waytoofast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #4
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by waytoofast View Post
shawno where in cali are you ? i'm in stockton and my son runs E85 on his WRX
Wait, hold up lol. I'm in Stockton too. Where is he getting it? Maybe I haven't looked hard enough haha
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Old 03-03-2016, 09:48 AM   #5
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Hahah!

We just moved this past weekend and there just happens to be an E85 pump, the ONLY public E85 pump, a couple exits from my new place. I may have to look into this now. I really am curious how much power it'll make on a tapped N/A motor. I just read a post from Overkill from last year on the Impala forums where they said it should add 10-15 whp. That is probably on a stock car, just like all of the other mod dynos we see, so hopefully it could add just enough on a fully bolted-on LFX to breach the 300 whp barrier.
That would make it worthwhile doing for sure
Old 03-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
badillaclfx

Drives: 2012 cadillac cts lfx
I'm surprised no one has really talked about it yet. But when my 80mm tb shows up I'm going to smooth out that lip that you can clearly see in the above picture. I'm not necessarily going to be porting it just smoothing out the lip. It should help somewhat imo
badillaclfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #7
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Just got my 80mm tb, ported intake and intake extender installed. I don't have dyno numbers but if I can explain it by the butt dyno. I have the ipf tune which brought the smooth power curve that I wanted. The intake extender brings that torque that is needed and the ported intake with the 80mm lets this engine suck in as much air as you dare to let it. All in all anyone that gets this set up with a tune will no be disappointed. I see why this engine desires the turbo or supercharger. Damn!! So I wanted driveable power that wouldn't roast the tires every time I took off with my Manual trans(the low gearing with the Vtc could burn the tires off). I'm interested to see what your guys dyno numbers come up with.
Attached Images

SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 10:02 AM   #8
SIM GhostrdrZ

Just another pic with install without engine cover on. I apologize for the pictures being turned.
Attached Images

Old 03-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #9
SIM GhostrdrZ

Sanjay. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #10
derek1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Derek, are you going to be dynoing on a Mustang or DynoJet? When do you expect you'll be able to dyno with everything? CAI, 80mm TB, spacer, ported IM, E85, tune, HFC and exhaust.
Im still waiting on my tune stuff and E85 stuff to get here. Will says it will ship tomorrow. So I would say a couple weeks?

Not sure on the Dyno-havent called down to find out what it is. But I would assume a Dynojet

Redhot....you didnt really say if you felt it was an increase or not(in anything)...was it better than the stock or VMAX? What did you come from?
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

Old 03-03-2016, 10:26 AM   #11
Shawno72

Looking good man!
Old 03-03-2016, 10:47 AM   #12
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek1387 View Post
Im still waiting on my tune stuff and E85 stuff to get here. Will says it will ship tomorrow. So I would say a couple weeks?

Not sure on the Dyno-havent called down to find out what it is. But I would assume a Dynojet

Redhot....you didnt really say if you felt it was an increase or not(in anything)...was it better than the stock or VMAX? What did you come from?
Good point. The only thing I had was k&n cai,VTC and a few days ago added a tune. I cannot tell power numbers. But from pretty much stock to now is a big difference. It's not only the increase in power but it is where you feel it. Let me explain. Now I have a manual so I didn't like rpm points I would shift at, it just felt I had to shift in lower rpm to get a smooth shift or if I wanted to carry power through the shift then I'd shift at higher rpm's which would give that torque-ee feel(not in the good way).
Now I can shift pretty much at any rpm and the power will carry over to the next gear smoothly and with great drivability. I'm not into burning the tires out at every shift but I like to lay the power to the road.
About the only thing the k&n did for me was give that deep throaty cool sound but now it actually lets air through into the engine to let it make power. I equate it to my old school V8 cars only with some badass handling of these camaros.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:53 AM   #13
derek1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotls1 View Post
Good point. The only thing I had was k&n cai,VTC and a few days ago added a tune. I cannot tell power numbers. But from pretty much stock to now is a big difference. It's not only the increase in power but it is where you feel it. Let me explain. Now I have a manual so I didn't like rpm points I would shift at, it just felt I had to shift in lower rpm to get a smooth shift or if I wanted to carry power through the shift then I'd shift at higher rpm's which would give that torque-ee feel(not in the good way).
Now I can shift pretty much at any rpm and the power will carry over to the next gear smoothly and with great drivability. I'm not into burning the tires out at every shift but I like to lay the power to the road.
About the only thing the k&n did for me was give that deep throaty cool sound but now it actually lets air through into the engine to let it make power. I equate it to my old school V8 cars only with some badass handling of these camaros.
Awesome...good to hear! Now I am stoked to get mine installed.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Old 03-03-2016, 10:54 AM   #14
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
That thing looks massive!

I don't think I could ever do this mod though.. That cockeyed throttle body would always bother me and my OCD. But I'm definitely curious if you guys pick up any power and if you lose any low end torque from it.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote