Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 04-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #29
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
So when that car that's "just a neon" rips the bumper off of your "muscle car" are you gonna talk shit about how it looks? No. Your gonna shut your mouth and go back to the pits to leave the track. Remember, the camaro is able to be modded also, but it's still a camaro. Your logic is flawed somewhat. If my "fast" sports car gets beat by a car with almost 2/3 less displacement, I'm gonna give him props. Not tell him his car looks like my moms...
Ok... I've got a bit of experience in the whole "I can't believe I just lost to THAT" department, with the Flex... being that it is a "sleeper of serious proportions" (heard that this weekend! LOL).

Here is what I've found... the newbies at the track, that maybe have their cars out there for the first time... well, they are already a bit disappointed because they can't rip off those magazine times... then I come along and beat on them... yeah, they pretty much just whimper home....

HOWEVER, the more experienced track guys... they come running over!!! They want to LEARN more about my Flex and everything I've done!! I've had numerous guys come over to tell me they were LAUGHING at me when they first seen me, but then they seen me run and they stopped laughing... and they took the time to come over and give me "props"!!!

Now as far as the whole, "still a neon"... I think the "props" depends more on the drivers attitude... If they have the "ricer" mentality, I don't care how fast there car is... but if they have a more down to earth, true race-track junkie attitude then definitely "props"!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:33 PM   #30
UtG

Drives: '11 2SS/RS,'71 Cutlass S Vert,G6 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Now as far as the whole, "still a neon"... I think the "props" depends more on the drivers attitude... If they have the "ricer" mentality, I don't care how fast there car is... but if they have a more down to earth, true race-track junkie attitude then definitely "props"!!!
Exactly...i got a friend with an SRT4 and another one with a Turbo'ed Scion tC. Both are pretty cool builds the SRT4 has never beat me (close but no cigar) but the Turbo'ed Scion handed me my ass when i was stock...now its the other way around. Both are great guys and will gladely give them props on their cars.

Now the kid down the street who has an SRT4 who likes letting me hear his blowoff valve when im washing my car...and wont run me at the track but still likes to talk all kinds of SH!T. He will never get props from me till he grows up, and even then its only a maybe.
UtG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #31
GR8PUMKN
UNION MADE

Drives: 2011 inferno orange SSRS
I will say this. A true stage 3 neon is going to hand an ss driver his ass. They are extremely light and just as fast with a big turbo and supporting mods. 99 times out of 100 he gonna light you up!!so what. No one wins every race! I have raced vettes and won by a lot with my ss. I also ran aMITSUBISHI ECLIPSE(girls car) tsx... He pulled like 5 cars In one gear on me!! That hurt!! But hey. Can't win em all. Moral of the story; he has prolly been picked on so much for driving a neon that he made it so he could have something to say.400+wheel horsepower in a car that barely weighs 3000lbs( if that) is going to be fast!!! Race him from a light maybe he light up his tires and you win. If not oh well
GR8PUMKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #32
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItaliaSS View Post
that why i told him to not sweat it, he has the v6 so I would think it would be expected he is not exactly gonna be running drags every night.
I go to the drag strip every other weekend, so what's your point?

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #33
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann View Post
as far as strips, I won't unless its another muscle car.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 10:06 PM   #34
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
+1

Can't stand getting beat by a faster import car? Shoulda got the v8.
lol...and still get beat. Even more embarrassing. Oh, and it is domestic.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #35
archtaan

Drives: car
Trust me. There is ALWAYS someone faster. Don't worry about it and keep it off the streets.
archtaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #36
Deki

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by archtaan View Post
Trust me. There is ALWAYS someone faster. Don't worry about it and keep it off the streets.
Jesus H...1000+ rwhp and rwtq!!!! Not much faster than you out there other than stuff that's fired from a weapon.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #37
iHasCamaro

Drives: Silver 2012 1SS
I've beaten a lot of turbo Hondas over the years because they blow up on the line or snap an axle, or the engine is breaking up to much to run at full boost. Plus high-HP fwd cars are difficult to launch. Go race him. If you are a good driver you might catch him sleeping at the light, he might spin out, and he might break it doing a burnout. You never know till you try. Neons can be quick but they are all old by now, and kids do half-assed jobs doing mods.
iHasCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #38
jlawrence613

Drives: 2011 V6 Premium Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
Jesus H...1000+ rwhp and rwtq!!!! Not much faster than you out there other than stuff that's fired from a weapon.
HAHAha. This made me laugh. It's nice though to see a guy with that much HP still be cool and down to Earth.

To be honest, I'd secretly hate being beaten by it. But thats the name of the game, run what you brung.

V8 guys, do you feel a certain way being beaten by a V6? Less sting if it's supercharged? Just really curious...
Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, Airaid CAI, Boss 302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 2010 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555, BBK Longtube Headers O/R X-pipe Up next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Aluminum Driveshaft, Mustang GT 2.75" Overaxle pipe.
2011 Ford Mustang V6: 13.258 @ 107.45 MPH Uncorrected
jlawrence613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:20 AM   #39
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
It's an srt4. Big difference actually. I've seen modded srt4s demolish corvettes and camaros alike on the strip. Of course they have their flaws and they are god awful ugly cars, but they can get very very fast for almost nothing money wise.
Lot's of "little" killer cars out there. I had my arse handed to me by a Mazdaspeed 3. Yeah, it was humiliating. But I got over it.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #40
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Ok... I've got a bit of experience in the whole "I can't believe I just lost to THAT" department, with the Flex... being that it is a "sleeper of serious proportions" (heard that this weekend! LOL).

Here is what I've found... the newbies at the track, that maybe have their cars out there for the first time... well, they are already a bit disappointed because they can't rip off those magazine times... then I come along and beat on them... yeah, they pretty much just whimper home....

HOWEVER, the more experienced track guys... they come running over!!! They want to LEARN more about my Flex and everything I've done!! I've had numerous guys come over to tell me they were LAUGHING at me when they first seen me, but then they seen me run and they stopped laughing... and they took the time to come over and give me "props"!!!

I'd kill to see your Flex run. I love when preconceived notions get smashed, even mine. It's part of what makes life interesting.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:20 PM   #41
NoWRX
Banned

Drives: 2011 STi - World Rally Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
A race is a race is a race is a race. Just race him if you want to, if you don't want to because you're scared his car will mop yours, then just don't race him and call it a day. It's not a valid statement. They are street cars. When I go to the track, I don't look at a GT-R next to me and say "Well you have two less cylinders but also twin turbos, I don't wanna race". You just run your car and whatever the outcome is, that's what it is. There will always be someone faster. Some a lot faster, some barely faster to the point where if you can improve your driving you may be able to beat them.
Bingo. A fast car is a fast car. With all due respect, you drive a Camaro, not a Ferrari. I wouldn't be walking around acting like my shit doesnt stink because you're not exactly driving an exotic super car yourself, let alone puss out because you know you're going to get your ass kicked and don't want to make it official.

Srt-4 Neons aint no joke. They can be made to be very fast little cars with minimal work. They're worthy of respect.
NoWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #42
Coyotekiller
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 AGM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Lot's of "little" killer cars out there. I had my arse handed to me by a Mazdaspeed 3. Yeah, it was humiliating. But I got over it.
There used to be a guy running the track and streets around here with a yellow neon with a huge turbo and more mods than you can list on a piece of notebook paper. It was the fastest thing I have ever seen.... When the driver could get it to hook. Most times on the track he either melted the clutch or smoked the tires thru the first 330'. Amazingly fast car but it has flaws. He just couldnt put a big enough tire under the front. But the only thing that could really beat it were the fastest cars around here (street car wise that is) and most of them were 10 second cars.
Coyotekiller is offline   Reply With Quote